Chatham County Online BBS
February 23, 2018, 05:23:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the best Chatlist posts at Chatham Chatlist Highlights

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Immigration issues shutting down the US government ~ who is DC representing??  (Read 1865 times)
Wilderness Voice
Chathamohican

Last Login:February 14, 2018, 11:12:56 PM
Date Registerd:May 06, 2009, 09:32:07 PM

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 04:57:37 PM »

The Chuck Schumer government shot down is over
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 04:19:33 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 08:15:37 PM »

The Chuck Schumer government shot down is over

Yup the idiots managed to shut down the government for the weekend.   Idea

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Wilderness Voice
Chathamohican

Last Login:February 14, 2018, 11:12:56 PM
Date Registerd:May 06, 2009, 09:32:07 PM

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 09:26:02 PM »

chuckle ~ I don't think they'll do it again.  Once again President Trump comes out ahead
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 10:15:43 AM »

I think they will cause they can't believe that they got blamed. Besides:

FILIPPO MAZZEI
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 03:36:40 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 07:02:40 PM »

Where is that check from Mexico for the wall? Just asking. What a bunch of hooey you bought into.
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 10:08:09 PM »

Where is that check from Mexico for the wall? Just asking. What a bunch of hooey you bought into.

If this is all you got you got nuthin!! They blinked cause the entire country saw through the meadow muffins.

FILIPPO MAZZEI
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 10:13:59 AM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 04:28:53 PM »

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »

If this is all you got you got nuthin!! They blinked cause the entire country saw through the meadow muffins.

Well, Trump made it his platform that Mexico would pay. Let him pay for the wall upfront and get reimbursed by Mexico vs. pegging the rest of us for that 'chance' of effectiveness.
This is far from the only issue this fool we call a Pres. should be dealing with vs. lining up his next tee time in FL., which seems to be what he is mostly concerned with.
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 08:32:45 PM »

Well, Trump made it his platform that Mexico would pay. Let him pay for the wall upfront and get reimbursed by Mexico vs. pegging the rest of us for that 'chance' of effectiveness.
This is far from the only issue this fool we call a Pres. should be dealing with vs. lining up his next tee time in FL., which seems to be what he is mostly concerned with.

Yup that's all he does along with tax reform(doing quiet well with that) Stock market that's flying unemployment is down to historic levels black unemployment is crazy low all this on the golf course.

So is what you're saying is that you're OK with the wall it's the money that's bothering you?  Maybe we can find the trillion dollars that Obama got for those shovel ready jobs and use that, whadda you think?

Or the money he sent Iran and use that? HUH?

FILIPPO MAZZEI
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 05:47:41 PM »

Yup that's all he does along with tax reform(doing quiet well with that) Stock market that's flying unemployment is down to historic levels black unemployment is crazy low all this on the golf course.

So is what you're saying is that you're OK with the wall it's the money that's bothering you?  Maybe we can find the trillion dollars that Obama got for those shovel ready jobs and use that, whadda you think?

Do you have any thoughts on 2 unfunded wars that eventually had to land on the books? Obama inherited a MESS from GW Bush to have to try to pull this country up by the bootstraps. Worst since the Great Depression.

Yes, Trump (and his cronies) will do QUITE (get spell check or...) well with tax reform. But yes, was pretty QUIET about the MILLIONS+ it would benefit for him and his family favor. Whilst the middle class he claimed to do this for will basically receive crumbs and on a limited time clock compared to people like him and his family which will receive a life time benefit.
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 09:22:55 PM »

Do you have any thoughts on 2 unfunded wars that eventually had to land on the books? Obama inherited a MESS from GW Bush to have to try to pull this country up by the bootstraps. Worst since the Great Depression.

Yes, Trump (and his cronies) will do QUITE (get spell check or...) well with tax reform. But yes, was pretty QUIET about the MILLIONS+ it would benefit for him and his family favor. Whilst the middle class he claimed to do this for will basically receive crumbs and on a limited time clock compared to people like him and his family which will receive a life time benefit.

Those crumbs are a hell of a lot better than the tax hikes Dems had planned for me. But what do you care you must not pay taxes or need the money.

FILIPPO MAZZEI
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2018, 06:59:10 PM »

Those crumbs are a hell of a lot better than the tax hikes Dems had planned for me. But what do you care you must not pay taxes or need the money.

I've paid taxes since I was 16 yrs. old and that equates to far more years than you landed here I feel certain.

Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:46:02 AM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »

I've paid taxes since I was 16 yrs. old and that equates to far more years than you landed here I feel certain.

I'd wager that you simply haven't paid that much attention to what you've paid in taxes.  Now you're in the entitlement phase of your life where you're essentially on the dole.

Imagine for a moment that people would first receive their entire paycheck, without all the government's deductions.  Imagine you could hold that check in your hands, or see those dollars sitting in your bank account.

But then...you have to sit down and actually write the check to the government for all those deductions.  You see, you've never really felt the pain of it because you've never had that particular exercise.

If indeed this were to come to pass, you can bet the revolution would start the very next day.  But since the money comes out before you ever get it, it's out of sight and largely out of mind.

The "crumbs" comment was clearly a paraphrase of what Nancy Pelosi said about people getting, say, and extra $1,000 back from the government.
Which is kind of funny, considering how the tax cut in the ARRA that Obama coaxed Congress into passing ended up giving families about $800 back.
Back then the liberals, like you Rabit, espoused joy over such a policy.

Do you know the difference between principle and partisanship, Rabit? 

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 10:02:17 AM »

Just as an aside I'm 66 and have paid taxes since I was legal to work which was 16 maybe you paid a couple of years longer than me. So what does that make me some kind of thief.

At some point you should answer one of my questions.  Sorry about my spelling but my point is what we were talking about not my spelling.

FILIPPO MAZZEI
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 12:52:10 PM »

FILIPPO MAZZEI
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print