Chatham County Online BBS
December 18, 2017, 07:59:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Pittsboro Journal portal at Pittsboro Journal

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SHERIFF MIKE ROBERSON CHATHAM COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT  (Read 1583 times)
amyburgess

Last Login:November 27, 2017, 09:58:02 AM
Date Registerd:April 14, 2014, 08:24:45 AM

« on: September 25, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »

TO ALL THAT KNOW SHERIFF MIKE ROBERSON
AND IF YOU ARE A DEMOCRAT PLEASE GO TO THE
POLL'S AND VOTE FOR SHERIFF MIKE ROBERSON.
VOTING FOR SHERIFF MIKE ROBERSON START'S IN MAY.

FACE BOOK SITE: https://www.facebook.com/votemike.robersonforsheriff.3

IF YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR SHERIFF THEN PLEASE BY ALL MEANS CLICK ON CONTACT ON SHERIFF MIKE ROBERSON'S WEBSITE.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:31:18 AM by amyburgess » Logged
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 16, 2017, 03:41:08 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »

What's his position on sound suppressors and is he going to hassle people over CCW renewals?

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 16, 2017, 04:27:29 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:26:21 AM »

His website seems to be catering to Pittsboro and not all of Chatham.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 05, 2017, 05:31:15 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:09:49 AM »

ATF's prospective Rule 41P officially became 41F and is now in force.  One of the interesting aspects of this is that a background check is required for all persons on a Trust.  Same applies for any NFA item purchased by an individual.

Even though you are submitting to a background check, you have to line up with the rest of the "perpetrators" and provide your fingerprints.  Which, if you've already got a CCW, you've done before.  Of course, you have to submit them AGAIN because that's how government works.

The Sheriff no longer has to sign off on Short Barreled Rifles and Suppressors.  He is simply "notified" that you are purchasing them.  This is the only silver lining when it comes to the new law.  And it is a law, despite being called a "Rule".  ATF can make laws as they go along and at their discretion.  Congress and voters be damned.

So the Sheriff is not relevant to suppressor and SBRs.  CCW renewals took forever under the last Sheriff.  My last renewal happened during the last bit of the previous guy's reign and so I can't speak to any new procedures.

We have statewide uniformity of law, so most Sheriff's abide by that.  Most.  Some try to play fast and loose with it and make additional delays or hoops you have to jump through.   Then it is  necessary to vote those people out of office or, failing all else, seek legal action to make them conform to state law.

I've not had a chance to speak to Roberson and it hasn't been a priority because I don't need him to sign off.  

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:13:14 AM »

Additional information here.  Clearer and more succinct than the ATF website imho.

https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/02/11/buying-a-silencer-6-things-you-need-to-know-about-atf-41f/

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 16, 2017, 03:41:08 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 01:32:15 PM »

Thanks, Pi.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 12, 2017, 09:38:12 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 03:42:33 PM »

ATF's prospective Rule 41P officially became 41F and is now in force.  One of the interesting aspects of this is that a background check is required for all persons on a Trust.  Same applies for any NFA item purchased by an individual.

Even though you are submitting to a background check, you have to line up with the rest of the "perpetrators" and provide your fingerprints.  Which, if you've already got a CCW, you've done before.  Of course, you have to submit them AGAIN because that's how government works.

The Sheriff no longer has to sign off on Short Barreled Rifles and Suppressors.  He is simply "notified" that you are purchasing them.  This is the only silver lining when it comes to the new law.  And it is a law, despite being called a "Rule".  ATF can make laws as they go along and at their discretion.  Congress and voters be damned.

So the Sheriff is not relevant to suppressor and SBRs.  CCW renewals took forever under the last Sheriff.  My last renewal happened during the last bit of the previous guy's reign and so I can't speak to any new procedures.

We have statewide uniformity of law, so most Sheriff's abide by that.  Most.  Some try to play fast and loose with it and make additional delays or hoops you have to jump through.   Then it is  necessary to vote those people out of office or, failing all else, seek legal action to make them conform to state law.

I've not had a chance to speak to Roberson and it hasn't been a priority because I don't need him to sign off.  

I hate ask and you don't have to answer and I ask cause I trust you but will you vote for him??You can send me a pm if you wish.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »

PM sent. Let me know if you get it. Something odd happened when I tried to send it.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: