Chatham County Online BBS
December 17, 2017, 02:25:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Best Email List in the Triangle! Join the Chatham Chatlist

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sept 18 Nancy Pelosi gets shouted out of Dreamer Rally today ~ walks off stage  (Read 791 times)
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 12, 2017, 09:38:12 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »

Yes, I believe this would be pleasing to God

Arte you actually talking about including religion and law?? We should allow lawbreakers in because you believe it pleases God? Then why bother with laws and borders and the like?

Why should this group have special treatment?

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 03:41:08 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 04:58:08 PM »

Arte you actually talking about including religion and law?? We should allow lawbreakers in because you believe it pleases God? Then why bother with laws and borders and the like?

In his ever-lovin' mind (the mind he's clearly out of), for the same reason we should import hordes of Iraqi/Syrian/muslim "refugees" without extensive vetting (for which their in-country databases don't exist), despite the risks to America and Americans.

I'm thoroughly disgusted by him and others like him who like to put on God their inability to think like rational adults.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »

In his ever-lovin' mind (the mind he's clearly out of), for the same reason we should import hordes of Iraqi/Syrian/muslim "refugees" without extensive vetting (for which their in-country databases don't exist), despite the risks to America and Americans.

I'm thoroughly disgusted by him and others like him who like to put on God their inability to think like rational adults.

I'm waiting to see his answer to my questions.

FILIPPO MAZZEI
Wilderness Voice
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 10, 2017, 03:33:05 PM
Date Registerd:May 06, 2009, 09:32:07 PM

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »

I’m not making a case here that I have the answer to the precise policy that America should use. In fact, I’m not even arguing here about policy or politics. Instead, I’m making the argument that the biblical view of immigrants and refugees is simple—they’re like us, and we’re like them. Furthermore, the Bible is clear that we are to do something in favor of justice, always—and that we are to find a way for the person seeking asylum to have it. And finally, there must be room for the immigrant in the world to have the same rights as everyone else.

No matter how we welcome the refugee and immigrant—no matter how we choose precisely to be hospitable and loving—we must acknowledge that the Christian response is love.
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 08:08:25 PM »

I’m not making a case here that I have the answer to the precise policy that America should use. In fact, I’m not even arguing here about policy or politics. Instead, I’m making the argument that the biblical view of immigrants and refugees is simple—they’re like us, and we’re like them. Furthermore, the Bible is clear that we are to do something in favor of justice, always—and that we are to find a way for the person seeking asylum to have it. And finally, there must be room for the immigrant in the world to have the same rights as everyone else.

No matter how we welcome the refugee and immigrant—no matter how we choose precisely to be hospitable and loving—we must acknowledge that the Christian response is love.

You can love them all you want . But as an immigrant that did it legally my argument is that I want them to do it the same way. Put in the work and you are more than welcome to come in.  Refugees are another matter all together we have legal ways of doing that too.   

They can't just show up and say here I am love me.

FILIPPO MAZZEI
wolfpat
Chathameister

Last Login:December 15, 2017, 05:01:53 PM
Date Registerd:October 12, 2008, 11:13:39 AM

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 04:30:06 AM »

These DACA kids are starting with a disadvantage: their parents do not have a respect for the law.

That being said, I still would have no problem with them staying provided they have not broken any laws, speak English, have or are getting an education. If they do a hitch or two in our military and are honorably discharged, I'd even favor instant citizenship for them.

Their parents need to be deported, and banned from reentry.

John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 07:43:04 AM »

These DACA kids are starting with a disadvantage: their parents do not have a respect for the law.

That being said, I still would have no problem with them staying provided they have not broken any laws, speak English, have or are getting an education. If they do a hitch or two in our military and are honorably discharged, I'd even favor instant citizenship for them.

You mean residency right?

FILIPPO MAZZEI
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 11:57:40 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 09:27:19 PM

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 03:53:28 PM »

I like that idea.

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: