Chatham County Online BBS
November 17, 2017, 11:37:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the latest Chatham news at Chatham Journal

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Age, Sexual Maturity, Legal maturity, Emotional Maturity - laws,emotions, facts?  (Read 1026 times)
Ice Pilot2
Chathamite

Last Login:September 20, 2017, 10:10:33 PM
Date Registerd:January 16, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 09:56:32 AM »

Chatham is not an Oasis from the predatory teachers and this trend nationwide seems to be increasing. School systems need to initiate one on one guidelines for teacher/student interaction and immediately involve law enforcement when the situation is confirmed.

We do hear about this cr*p more and more.   I don't know about y'all but, it was a big surprise for me to learn (think I have learned) that the legal age here in NC is 16.  I always thought it was 18.   imho a 16 year old High School Student is not ready to make such a decison with a 20 something teacher, much less a 50 something teacher, or anyone that much older.   
wolfpat
Chathameister

Last Login:November 15, 2017, 09:18:24 PM
Date Registerd:October 12, 2008, 11:13:39 AM

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »

Personally, I don't think anyone is able to handle the complexities of a sexual relationship until well into their 40s. But we do it anyway.

As for age differences, I go with the "Half plus 7 rule". For example, I am 58. The youngest woman I should be connected with would be 36 (29+7).
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 08:25:09 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 02:31:41 PM »

Chatham is not an Oasis from the predatory teachers and this trend nationwide seems to be increasing. School systems need to initiate one on one guidelines for teacher/student interaction and immediately involve law enforcement when the situation is confirmed.

We do hear about this cr*p more and more.   I don't know about y'all but, it was a big surprise for me to learn (think I have learned) that the legal age here in NC is 16.  I always thought it was 18.   imho a 16 year old High School Student is not ready to make such a decison with a 20 something teacher, much less a 50 something teacher, or anyone that much older.   

There are a lot of archaic laws on the books in NC and many other states I'm sure. Younger ages of consent could still exist from the era of time when life expectancy was about half of what it is today and seemed acceptable then compared to now and some taking advantage of that? This man is in creep category in this day and age and I'd say due to some of his prescriptions acquired was in a mid-life crisis in search of his last hoorah maybe? Dunno'. He'll get to test that out in prison if justice is served properly in taking advantage of this young girl and any issues she had going on in her life. NOT his hired role as a teacher.
wolfpat
Chathameister

Last Login:November 15, 2017, 09:18:24 PM
Date Registerd:October 12, 2008, 11:13:39 AM

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 05:24:45 PM »

The last time I had a tattoo done, a bunch of girls came in with an adult to get a few piercings. These girls were not in any way obese, but they WERE very large and round, if you get my drift. The owner of the shop was doing my work, and when they left, he took a break, and looked over the paperwork for what had just occurred. When he resumed his work on me, he asked, "Did you see those girls who were just here? The oldest one was 13. Ya' know what does that? it's the hormones they put in the chicken and beef to make the animals grow faster."

I have no information to contradict his assessment.

I think the offenders are obviously only considering the physical appearance, and nothing else. The teacher has no excuse, because as someone has said, "If you want to see just how young 13 is,  observe two of them together."
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 09:59:18 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 09:27:19 PM

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 09:10:50 PM »

wolfpat - FWIW, I've heard similar things, but haven't seen credible evidence to substantiate. It's a persuasive allegation. Of course it is effecting both sexes but has a stronger appearance of effect among females.

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: