Chatham County Online BBS
August 19, 2017, 03:39:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We've got local links galore! Check out the Chatham Links

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chatham Comprehensive Plan  (Read 7749 times)
rezident

Last Login:August 17, 2017, 03:08:32 PM
Date Registerd:November 18, 2014, 04:23:40 PM

« on: March 21, 2017, 08:11:13 AM »

If you're interested, there is a survey over on PlanChatham.com to provide feedback on the plan.  I was told that supposedly there will be some public input sessions in April.  In looking at the survey, the questions are biased towards the Board of Commissioners' goals of limiting and significantly restricting growth.  To me, many of the items, such as Conservation Subdivisions, are an overreaction to Chatham Park.  Looking at the Parks part of the plan, Western Chatham gets left behind again.  Feel free to comment and show up to the public input sessions, but if the past is any indicator, it's unlikely the Board of Commissioners will listen to anyone outside of their own echo chamber.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 09:08:24 AM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:50:17 AM »

Very few people turned out for the previous public input sessions. They are going to do what they want and no matter what you say will change their minds. Our County has a horrible political administration that could care less about its citizens and even less about the rural areas.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
Ice Pilot2
Chathamite

Last Login:August 16, 2017, 12:12:27 PM
Date Registerd:January 16, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 12:38:44 PM »

Our County has a horrible political administration that could not care less about its citizens and even less about the rural areas.

One word added and I agree.    Wink
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 04:11:28 AM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »

Very few people turned out for the previous public input sessions. They are going to do what they want and no matter what you say will change their minds. Our County has a horrible political administration that could care less about its citizens and even less about the rural areas.

Hundreds of residents turned out against Briar Chapel input session after input session after input session~AGAINST it. Didn't matter. Money talked to  Bunkey et. al. Not only with BC but I believe I remember to tune of 19,000 homes in area @ the time.  (Makes Chatham Park looks like small taters, I know) Wink Back to money 'talks'. IF indeed an auto manufacturer or other hit Siler site, your 'paradise' too would be flattened by bulldozers and paved over. Look for it in your future if you live long enough. Greed rules Wink
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:25:58 AM »

Hundreds of residents turned out against Briar Chapel input session after input session after input session~AGAINST it. Didn't matter. Money talked to  Bunkey et. al. Not only with BC but I believe I remember to tune of 19,000 homes in area @ the time.  (Makes Chatham Park looks like small taters, I know) Wink Back to money 'talks'. IF indeed an auto manufacturer or other hit Siler site, your 'paradise' too would be flattened by bulldozers and paved over. Look for it in your future if you live long enough. Greed rules Wink

Bring it on, here in the West people need jobs.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
rezident

Last Login:August 17, 2017, 03:08:32 PM
Date Registerd:November 18, 2014, 04:23:40 PM

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »

Bring it on, here in the West people need jobs.

You're darn skippy...We need to have that Advanced Manufacturing Site occupied soon and hopefully with an auto manufacturer.  Too many people have to travel out of the county for jobs.
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:02:50 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 08:12:35 AM »

F indeed an auto manufacturer or other hit Siler site, your 'paradise' too would be flattened by bulldozers and paved over. Look for it in your future if you live long enough. Greed rules Wink

They don't flatten and pave over the whole damn county when they build an auto plant.  The problem is that aging hipsters work in the East and don't give a damn about some man or woman in the West who is trying to feed his family.

As far as Eastern elitists like are concerned, the West can starve so long as they get to take their Sunday drive and look at the countryside.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:June 02, 2017, 12:51:36 PM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »

Agreed Pi. The megasite will not be huge parking lot. The PBO area cares less about the west. I met a lady from Pittsboro last week in Bennett who said she did not realize villages were out here.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
witler

Last Login:March 22, 2017, 02:43:15 PM
Date Registerd:July 22, 2011, 05:22:56 PM

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 02:43:15 PM »

Back in time before 401k plans and paid retirement, people invested in land for the future. Now days there is always some group that tells you that you can't reap the benefits of your investment. With progress both benefit, the land owner and the person that gets the job generated.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »

F indeed an auto manufacturer or other hit Siler site, your 'paradise' too would be flattened by bulldozers and paved over. Look for it in your future if you live long enough. Greed rules Wink

They don't flatten and pave over the whole damn county when they build an auto plant.  The problem is that aging hipsters work in the East and don't give a damn about some man or woman in the West who is trying to feed his family.

As far as Eastern elitists like are concerned, the West can starve so long as they get to take their Sunday drive and look at the countryside.

I was born in the west, have lived in the county many decades and fully understand the cycles of ALL corners of the county and have supported all corners of the county in way of businesses. Can YOU say that of yourself? I'm pulling for the West to gain good jobs, but understand there are tradeoffs that come with it just saying and that they may just mean unwillingly impact to someone's 'paradise' there. All I'm saying.
I live in what was once a peaceful semi and rural area...not anymore due to BC's California dream of paving paradise. They have the NERVE to offer a giddy little earth day celebration, when ALL they have done is throw up cheap quality houses with a myriad of issues to leave buyers with holding the bag for and throwing up pseudo businesses that they promoted the residents would walk 3 miles to under the premise of live, work, play BS.  Upside the head
Careful what you ask for Silk. Folks in my area didn't ask for BC, but they got it due some commissioners that didn't have to live with it one iota, nor care~ I suspect with a kickback vote tho'. JMO
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:02:50 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 04:20:01 PM »

I was born in the west, have lived in the county many decades and fully understand the cycles of ALL corners of the county and have supported all corners of the county in way of businesses. Can YOU say that of yourself? I'm pulling for the West to gain good jobs, but understand there are tradeoffs that come with it just saying and that they may just mean unwillingly impact to someone's 'paradise' there. All I'm saying.

No, you doofus.  That is NOT what you were saying.  You were saying the county would get paved over.  You didn't say a damn thing about "tradeoffs".  

Take a moment to be a little more clear instead of being a jerk and maybe you'll come across a bit better.

I live in what was once a peaceful semi and rural area...not anymore due to BC's California dream of paving paradise. They have the NERVE to offer a giddy little earth day celebration, when ALL they have done is throw up cheap quality houses with a myriad of issues to leave buyers with holding the bag for and throwing up pseudo businesses that they promoted the residents would walk 3 miles to under the premise of live, work, play BS.  Upside the head
Careful what you ask for Silk. Folks in my area didn't ask for BC, but they got it due some commissioners that didn't have to live with it one iota, nor care~ I suspect with a kickback vote tho'. JMO

Cheap quality houses?  Let's see a picture of your house.

The "work" part of that is getting stymied by the anti-business idiots who have been in charge of the BOC the entire time.  With the exception of when Bock, Petty, and Stewart were there.  Are you unable to connect those dots?  I guess so.

Your idiotic, uninformed opinion is worthless.  Why don't you just move to the Canadian wilderness from that crazy lady who supported the sidewalk to nowhere?

You're not "pulling for the West to have jobs".  You're a bald faced lair for saying you do.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 07:33:51 AM »

I live in what was once a peaceful semi and rural area...not anymore due to BC's California dream of paving paradise. They have the NERVE to offer a giddy little earth day celebration, when ALL they have done is throw up cheap quality houses with a myriad of issues to leave buyers with holding the bag for and throwing up pseudo businesses that they promoted the residents would walk 3 miles to under the premise of live, work, play BS.  Upside the head

Growth is going to happen but clogging up HWY 64 at the Lake is not it. Yes, 64 in Chatham is sometimes laden with heavier traffic than it is in Cary! We need jobs in Western Chatham, people are out of work or stuck with low wages unless you go out of county. Where do the young people work in this county after they get on their own? News flash, they move away! No jobs!

Chatham has also become unaffordable for many elderly, their taxes have gone up and if they need part time employment none is available.

Keep griping about BC but in reality the huge residential growth in the East is one of the only things keeping this County afloat. Look at the County permit report, virtually no one is building houses West of Pittsboro.

1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 01:52:04 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 11:53:28 AM »

... virtually no one is building houses West of Pittsboro.

Gee, didn't the BoC believe zoning the whole thing would help remedy that?

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 04:05:17 PM »

Growth is going to happen but clogging up HWY 64 at the Lake is not it. Yes, 64 in Chatham is sometimes laden with heavier traffic than it is in Cary! We need jobs in Western Chatham, people are out of work or stuck with low wages unless you go out of county. Where do the young people work in this county after they get on their own? News flash, they move away! No jobs!

Chatham has also become unaffordable for many elderly, their taxes have gone up and if they need part time employment none is available.

Keep griping about BC but in reality the huge residential growth in the East is one of the only things keeping this County afloat. Look at the County permit report, virtually no one is building houses West of Pittsboro.

Keep griping about lack of jobs in western Chatham and driving a hundred miles a day to a job instead of becoming proactive to change that. You've dissed any attempts to improve or advance that side of the county, so not much sympathy here for you. I truly hope things will improve there for many reasons. When and then U may understand some other tradeoffs that come with that Wink Who knows, the GREAT screwed up NORTH you escaped from may again appeal to you Wink
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:38:04 AM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 08:24:04 PM »

Keep griping about lack of jobs in western Chatham and driving a hundred miles a day to a job instead of becoming proactive to change that. You've dissed any attempts to improve or advance that side of the county, so not much sympathy here for you. I truly hope things will improve there for many reasons. When and then U may understand some other tradeoffs that come with that Wink Who knows, the GREAT screwed up NORTH you escaped from may again appeal to you Wink

You really are an ignorant bigot.  Remember me the carpetbagger.  I know we northerners aren't human as you are you inclusive idiot.  I would rather hang with a good person from anywhere than have to smell your kind of bull....

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: