Chatham County Online BBS
April 23, 2017, 04:56:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: View 1000s of full-color action-filled local sports images at Chatham Photos

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chatham Comprehensive Plan  (Read 5583 times)
Ice Pilot2

Last Login:April 21, 2017, 03:03:19 PM
Date Registerd:January 16, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 07:44:31 AM »

I was in Siler yesterday and spent $ @ 3 different businesses (even being from the evil east some want to portray, lol) Roll Eyes

I sometimes go out of my way to spend money in Siler City.  The mere fact that here on the PBO side of the county we are charged much more for so many things just pisses me off.    Gasoline and Propane are two major commodities that are consistently much cheaper in Siler City than the "East".   Bojangles in Siler seems to always have some kind of special, not at the PBO Boj. - probably a franchisee decision? 

Heck, even giant retail big box stores screw us over.   We have two Wal Mart stores in Chatham County.  They charge different prices ( by different, I mean HIGHER ) for the exact same items on 15/501 vs. the Siler City store.   I guess "cause they can" - right?   Just free market capitalism I guess.  Cannot fault them.  If people choose to pay more why shouldn't they charge more for it?  I choose to lodge a complaint with management and then choose not to spend my money there.  But, alas, I fee I am in the minority.
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:March 31, 2017, 06:50:07 AM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 06:50:07 AM »

Yeah if I am in Chatham Siler City is better. People claim the gas is higher because it is the county seat. Not correct. Hillsborough is cheaper than Chapel Hill in Orange. And Asheboro is way cheaper than other cities in Randolph.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 21, 2017, 05:08:30 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »

I was in Siler yesterday and spent $ @ 3 different businesses (even being from the evil east some want to portray, lol) Roll Eyes

I sometimes go out of my way to spend money in Siler City.  The mere fact that here on the PBO side of the county we are charged much more for so many things just pisses me off.    Gasoline and Propane are two major commodities that are consistently much cheaper in Siler City than the "East".   Bojangles in Siler seems to always have some kind of special, not at the PBO Boj. - probably a franchisee decision? 

Heck, even giant retail big box stores screw us over.   We have two Wal Mart stores in Chatham County.  They charge different prices ( by different, I mean HIGHER ) for the exact same items on 15/501 vs. the Siler City store.   I guess "cause they can" - right?   Just free market capitalism I guess.  Cannot fault them.  If people choose to pay more why shouldn't they charge more for it?  I choose to lodge a complaint with management and then choose not to spend my money there.  But, alas, I fee I am in the minority.

I don't always base my shopping on best price. Friendly, quality service plays into a large part of where I shop!
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 19, 2017, 03:20:00 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 06:09:46 AM »

When you buy a new car in Chatham it has to be a Ford if you want to support the economy, Pittsboro and Welford Harris are only Ford dealers.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2017, 06:26:28 PM »

When you buy a new car in Chatham it has to be a Ford if you want to support the economy, Pittsboro and Welford Harris are only Ford dealers.

I was never able to score an honest/no spin car deal in Chatham in later years. Maybe why most collapsed?...other than the total economy collapse brought to all of us by??? I think you know! Wink

Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 21, 2017, 03:31:56 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »

I was never able to score an honest/no spin car deal in Chatham in later years. Maybe why most collapsed?...other than the total economy collapse brought to all of us by??? I think you know! Wink

We didn't have a total economic collapse because the US taxpayer bailed us out.  Just like the US taxpayer bails everyone else out.  Including other countries ever since the end of WWII.

The economy is a system built on a house of cards.  It is built upon notions of value as opposed to intrinsic value.  It happened because we allowed government to get so powerful that business interests could successfully lobby for rules or exceptions to rules that favored those business interests.

Every time the American people get angry and demand something get done about it, the elected officials make lots of noise about setting things right.  And then they turn around and conduct business as usual.  Sure, they change the names around a bit.  But in the end, toxic assets just get shuffled around under the exact same arrangements. 

Except that the US taxpayer wasn't able to completely bail us out of anything.  Nor will the taxpayers be able to bail us out of anything in the future.  Those same taxpayers, who keep getting fleeced, continue to vote in the same old bunch of self interested stooges.

Rubes like Rabit here think they're voting for "hope and change" when they filled in the oval for Obama and other democrats.  Twice.  Yet the Obama Admin was never beholden to little old ladies in Northeast Chatham.  It was beholden to Wall Street. 

Understand this truth, Rabit, even though it isn't what you want to hear: The things that people do to solve the problems simply enable the problems to persist.  It's hard to put out a fire with gasoline, but that's exactly what happens when the American people give the government more power.  It happens every time they vote based on a perception of injustice and cry "there oughta be a law!".  Well, there will be more laws.  But the letter and the spirit of said laws won't have the people's best interests in mind.

In this day and age, that's about all you can take to the bank.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2017, 08:07:26 AM »

Pittsboro and Chatham Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick went out of business due to GM shutting down dealers during their bankruptcy. Welford lost its Chrysler dealer because they did not want to upgrade facilities.

Funny, the small Ford dealers are still there and Ford refused to take government money.

Rabit, you need to keep up on why things are the way they are and quit listening to the Coalition propaganda.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2017, 10:42:28 AM »

Pittsboro and Chatham Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick went out of business due to GM shutting down dealers during their bankruptcy. Welford lost its Chrysler dealer because they did not want to upgrade facilities.

Funny, the small Ford dealers are still there and Ford refused to take government money.

Rabit, you need to keep up on why things are the way they are and quit listening to the Coalition propaganda.

Have no idea who was part of the Coalition then or now. GM was their own worst enemy with inferior products. Bought my first and last of their products back in late '70's worst pile of scrap metal ever owned.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »

Have no idea who was part of the Coalition then or now. GM was their own worst enemy with inferior products. Bought my first and last of their products back in late '70's worst pile of scrap metal ever owned.

So by your reasoning unless you buy a Ford from Pittsboro or Siler City you are not helping the local economy.

Ice Pilot2

Last Login:April 21, 2017, 03:03:19 PM
Date Registerd:January 16, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 01:31:07 PM »

So by your reasoning unless you buy a Ford from Pittsboro or Siler City you are not helping the local economy.

I thought you brought up buying new cars in Chatham and then said that Silk?  I'm a little lost, sorry.   

rezident

Last Login:April 18, 2017, 01:56:40 PM
Date Registerd:November 18, 2014, 04:23:40 PM

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2017, 03:08:40 PM »

Belk didn't close because it wasn't supported.  They were making a profit, but their corporate dynamics changed.  They closed a bunch of stores in small towns and concentrate in larger markets or markets that have close to 50,000 people in a 20 mile radius.  Look at Greensboro, Belk closed the store at Four Seasons and consolidated their efforts at Friendly.

I remember that CBRE, the group that used to manage Siler Crossing, made a presentation to the Town board to explain their recruiting efforts to fill retail space and why chain retailers like Belk, Marshall's, etc. were not going to come to Siler City, at lest right now.  It was all about population concentration, and Siler City simply doesn't have enough people to support major retailers.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2017, 03:34:48 PM »

I thought you brought up buying new cars in Chatham and then said that Silk?  I'm a little lost, sorry.   

Rabit argues that you need to buy local to support the economy of Chatham. That being said if you buy a new car you need to buy a Ford from Pittsboro Ford or Welford Harris. If anyone in Chatham wishes to support the economy and buy a new car they will have to buy a Ford otherwise they are hypocrites.

natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2017, 04:06:44 PM »

I tried to buy Dakota in Chatham. $750 difference made me do so in Sanford instead for exact same vehicle. More diff than I could sneeze @ and had a nicer salesperson just saying.
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:29 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2017, 09:28:35 PM »

I tried to buy Dakota in Chatham. $750 difference made me do so in Sanford instead for exact same vehicle. More diff than I could sneeze @ and had a nicer salesperson just saying.

So, having established what you are, all that's left is to then determine the price.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:34:00 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2017, 07:40:57 PM »

So, having established what you are, all that's left is to then determine the price.

That was well played I love it.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: