Chatham County Online BBS
June 26, 2017, 03:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Best Email List in the Triangle! Join the Chatham Chatlist

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chatham Comprehensive Plan  (Read 7086 times)
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:June 23, 2017, 03:44:44 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 07:24:33 AM »

F indeed an auto manufacturer or other hit Siler site, your 'paradise' too would be flattened by bulldozers and paved over. Look for it in your future if you live long enough. Greed rules Wink

They don't flatten and pave over the whole damn county when they build an auto plant.  The problem is that aging hipsters work in the East and don't give a damn about some man or woman in the West who is trying to feed his family.

As far as Eastern elitists like are concerned, the West can starve so long as they get to take their Sunday drive and look at the countryside.

I was born in the west, have lived in the county many decades and fully understand the cycles of ALL corners of the county and have supported all corners of the county in way of businesses. Can YOU say that of yourself? I'm pulling for the West to gain good jobs, but understand there are tradeoffs that come with it just saying and that they may just mean unwillingly impact to someone's 'paradise' there. All I'm saying.
I live in what was once a peaceful semi and rural area...not anymore due to BC's California dream of paving paradise. They have the NERVE to offer a giddy little earth day celebration, when ALL they have done is throw up cheap quality houses with a myriad of issues to leave buyers with holding the bag for and throwing up pseudo businesses that they promoted the residents would walk 3 miles to under the premise of live, work, play BS.  Upside the head
Careful what you ask for Silk. Folks in my area didn't ask for BC, but they got it due some commissioners that didn't have to live with it one iota, nor care~ I suspect with a kickback vote tho'. JMO

Growth is going to happen but clogging up HWY 64 at the Lake is not it. Yes, 64 in Chatham is sometimes laden with heavier traffic than it is in Cary! We need jobs in Western Chatham, people are out of work or stuck with low wages unless you go out of county. Where do the young people work in this county after they get on their own? News flash, they move away! No jobs!

Chatham has also become unaffordable for many elderly, their taxes have gone up and if they need part time employment none is available.

Keep griping about BC but in reality the huge residential growth in the East is one of the only things keeping this County afloat. Look at the County permit report, virtually no one is building houses West of Pittsboro.

Keep griping about lack of jobs in western Chatham and driving a hundred miles a day to a job instead of becoming proactive to change that. You've dissed any attempts to improve or advance that side of the county, so not much sympathy here for you. I truly hope things will improve there for many reasons. When and then U may understand some other tradeoffs that come with that Wink Who knows, the GREAT screwed up NORTH you escaped from may again appeal to you Wink

Rabit, you left the Western County years ago and have repeatedly said you enjoy the East so to be blunt YOU DON'T LIVE HERE! Now go back to your Rabit Hole and meds.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 06:42:25 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »

F indeed an auto manufacturer or other hit Siler site, your 'paradise' too would be flattened by bulldozers and paved over. Look for it in your future if you live long enough. Greed rules Wink

They don't flatten and pave over the whole damn county when they build an auto plant.  The problem is that aging hipsters work in the East and don't give a damn about some man or woman in the West who is trying to feed his family.

As far as Eastern elitists like are concerned, the West can starve so long as they get to take their Sunday drive and look at the countryside.

I was born in the west, have lived in the county many decades and fully understand the cycles of ALL corners of the county and have supported all corners of the county in way of businesses. Can YOU say that of yourself? I'm pulling for the West to gain good jobs, but understand there are tradeoffs that come with it just saying and that they may just mean unwillingly impact to someone's 'paradise' there. All I'm saying.
I live in what was once a peaceful semi and rural area...not anymore due to BC's California dream of paving paradise. They have the NERVE to offer a giddy little earth day celebration, when ALL they have done is throw up cheap quality houses with a myriad of issues to leave buyers with holding the bag for and throwing up pseudo businesses that they promoted the residents would walk 3 miles to under the premise of live, work, play BS.  Upside the head
Careful what you ask for Silk. Folks in my area didn't ask for BC, but they got it due some commissioners that didn't have to live with it one iota, nor care~ I suspect with a kickback vote tho'. JMO

Growth is going to happen but clogging up HWY 64 at the Lake is not it. Yes, 64 in Chatham is sometimes laden with heavier traffic than it is in Cary! We need jobs in Western Chatham, people are out of work or stuck with low wages unless you go out of county. Where do the young people work in this county after they get on their own? News flash, they move away! No jobs!

Chatham has also become unaffordable for many elderly, their taxes have gone up and if they need part time employment none is available.

Keep griping about BC but in reality the huge residential growth in the East is one of the only things keeping this County afloat. Look at the County permit report, virtually no one is building houses West of Pittsboro.

Keep griping about lack of jobs in western Chatham and driving a hundred miles a day to a job instead of becoming proactive to change that. You've dissed any attempts to improve or advance that side of the county, so not much sympathy here for you. I truly hope things will improve there for many reasons. When and then U may understand some other tradeoffs that come with that Wink Who knows, the GREAT screwed up NORTH you escaped from may again appeal to you Wink

Rabit, you left the Western County years ago and have repeatedly said you enjoy the East so to be blunt YOU DON'T LIVE HERE! Now go back to your Rabit Hole and meds.

I have family, friends that live there and property ownership there. Still go there, shop there. As far as I can tell you luckily MARRIED into Chatham county. Shown very little support to any new local biz endeavors. Bragged about going OUT of county to do your shopping in surrounding counties because Chatham didn't suit you. Work outside of county~in general it seems you just THUMB your nose to the county outside of a mattress. Why don't you go back to Yankee Land that seems to invade and then tell us all what's best, better for all of us TRUE locals? Phtt!

Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:June 08, 2017, 02:44:02 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 08:46:52 AM »

I have family, friends that live there and property ownership there. Still go there, shop there. As far as I can tell you luckily MARRIED into Chatham county. Shown very little support to any new local biz endeavors. Bragged about going OUT of county to do your shopping in surrounding counties because Chatham didn't suit you.

For the record, you vote for people that are anti-business.  You've made that abundantly clear.  You don't support an auto manufacturer either, which means you really don't support local jobs outside of the few mom and pop ventures that fit a very narrow view of what you find "acceptable".

Thus, you making this charge is about as hypocritical as it gets.  

Work outside of county~in general it seems you just THUMB your nose to the county outside of a mattress. Why don't you go back to Yankee Land that seems to invade and then tell us all what's best, better for all of us TRUE locals? Phtt!

The Yankee Land liberals are the ones trying to determine what's "best for us locals", you tendentious turd.  You're in lock step with whatever crazy plans they dream up.  I bet you gleefully voted for the same snobby gits that tried to circumvent the will of the people and institute the Land Transfer Tax.  The same slimy, imbecilic sphincters that wanted the Major Corridor Ordinance.

It's the transplants who want to come to Chatham and shut the door behind them.  Then tell the locals what they can and can't do with land that's been in their family for generations.  It's the left that wants every land owner with less than 10 acres to have to come, hat in hand, and beg the BOC for permission to build a small barn.  Why?  Because the laws they put in place are meant to give them the maximum amount of control.  Every ditch is a "seasonal stream" or some such nonsense.  And therefore they can restrict people's rights based on fuzzy headed notions of "environmentalism".

NO.  Just NO.  You don't know what you're talking about, and every time you manage to hunt and peck out your next message, it serves to once again prove that some people are nothing more than useful idiots for interests that don't give a DAMN about anything but themselves.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 02:37:34 PM »

I have family, friends that live there and property ownership there. Still go there, shop there. As far as I can tell you luckily MARRIED into Chatham county. Shown very little support to any new local biz endeavors. Bragged about going OUT of county to do your shopping in surrounding counties because Chatham didn't suit you.

For the record, you vote for people that are anti-business.  You've made that abundantly clear.  You don't support an auto manufacturer either, which means you really don't support local jobs outside of the few mom and pop ventures that fit a very narrow view of what you find "acceptable".

Work outside of county~in general it seems you just THUMB your nose to the county outside of a mattress. Why don't you go back to Yankee Land that seems to invade and then tell us all what's best, better for all of us TRUE locals? Phtt!

The Yankee Land liberals are the ones trying to determine what's "best for us locals", you tendentious turd.  You're in lock step with whatever crazy plans they dream up.  I bet you gleefully voted for the same snobby gits that tried to circumvent the will of the people and institute the Land Transfer Tax.  The same slimy, imbecilic sphincters that wanted the Major Corridor Ordinance.

It's the transplants who want to come to Chatham and shut the door behind them.  Then tell the locals what they can and can't do with land that's been in their family for generations.  It's the left that wants every land owner with less than 10 acres to have to come, hat in hand, and beg the BOC for permission to build a small barn.  Why?  Because the laws they put in place are meant to give them the maximum amount of control.  Every ditch is a "seasonal stream" or some such nonsense.  And therefore they can restrict people's rights based on fuzzy headed notions of "environmentalism".

NO.  Just NO.  You don't know what you're talking about, and every time you manage to hunt and peck out your next message, it serves to once again prove that some people are nothing more than useful idiots for interests that don't give a DAMN about anything but themselves.

Roll Eyes to you.
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:June 02, 2017, 12:51:36 PM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »

Guess Rabbitt does not realize the eat has been drowned by  liberals from New York. She loves them but calls all who disagree with her Yankees. If Chatham County offered anything but mom and pop shops who are pricey with little variety we would shop here. Lot of us drop a solid dollar in the 2 Walmarts. Plus she does not get that if more people worked here we would spend money here. Easier to shop where you work on lunch hours.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
srvfan
Chathamohican

Last Login:May 29, 2017, 01:03:43 PM
Date Registerd:February 10, 2006, 03:21:51 PM

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »

what I don't understand is 10 or 15 years ago all we heard was that Chatham needed industrial development, IIRC one of the lines was how Durham Co. "laughs all the way to the bank" thanks to Chatham residents coming there to work in their industries.  Ironically that's one of the funniest lines ever on the board since Durham has one of the highest prop tax rates in the state showing that's it's not what you make it's what you spend, but that's another topic.

Anyway, back to my point - previously Chatham needed industy to avoid becoming a bedroom community.  Now that Chatham has that opportunity guess what, it's not what we need.  Turns out the party of the left(east) is actually the party of NO

"The government forces those who sell pharmaceutical drugs to list the possible side effects, even if only a few people will suffer those side effects. Unfortunately, the government itself never tells us about the bad side effects of the things it prescribes."- Thomas Sowell
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »

Guess Rabbitt does not realize the eat has been drowned by  liberals from New York. She loves them but calls all who disagree with her Yankees. If Chatham County offered anything but mom and pop shops who are pricey with little variety we would shop here. Lot of us drop a solid dollar in the 2 Walmarts. Plus she does not get that if more people worked here we would spend money here. Easier to shop where you work on lunch hours.

And you've done what toward promo of job growth in the west? You've shunned businesses there. I have always stated that the industrial site would be transformational for the area and supported whole heartedly for GOOD paying jobs. People would be able to sell homes they no longer need and can barely 'give' away etc.
Well, the town put all their 'eggs' in chickens, selling water to them and sat back and let anything else crumble around them. When that 'plan' went south, it only became worse there. At least many jobs in that sector are returning, albeit many low paying.

Charles Johnson seemed to work hard to pursue more industry anyway, tho' during a very difficult recession period.

Takes bit of effort, but I always managed to do most of my shopping back in Chatham. I was just committed to that, our tax base, our businesses.
Mom and pops add character and sure offer better service on average.
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »

And you've done what toward promo of job growth in the west? You've shunned businesses there. I have always stated that the industrial site would be transformational for the area and supported whole heartedly for GOOD paying jobs. People would be able to sell homes they no longer need and can barely 'give' away etc.
Well, the town put all their 'eggs' in chickens, selling water to them and sat back and let anything else crumble around them. When that 'plan' went south, it only became worse there. At least many jobs in that sector are returning, albeit many low paying.

Charles Johnson seemed to work hard to pursue more industry anyway, tho' during a very difficult recession period.

Takes bit of effort, but I always managed to do most of my shopping back in Chatham. I was just committed to that, our tax base, our businesses.

Could you maybe stop with your BS virtue signaling long enough to realize a couple things you're missing?  The economy of the West can't exist on Mom and Pop shops alone.  That's not how it works.  There's not enough of a service industry to employ people.  That's because we're not a tourist destination. 
On the one hand you say you're already supported the industrial site and then on the other hand you make comments about paving the world.  Which is it?

I shop locally too as much as I can.  But while that helps local small business it doesn't do a whole lot to improve the lot of locals who are looking for a job. 

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 05:36:33 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 07:54:25 PM »

Those are the right type of Yankees they vote with her I'm a carpetbagger.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 09:21:24 AM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »

You're nothing of the kind.  You're a smart, hard-working, sincere American patriot and I wish there only were more like you.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »

Could you maybe stop with your BS virtue signaling long enough to realize a couple things you're missing?  The economy of the West can't exist on Mom and Pop shops alone.  That's not how it works.  There's not enough of a service industry to employ people.  That's because we're not a tourist destination. 
On the one hand you say you're already supported the industrial site and then on the other hand you make comments about paving the world.  Which is it?

I shop locally too as much as I can.  But while that helps local small business it doesn't do a whole lot to improve the lot of locals who are looking for a job. 

What are U missing? The West had a Lowe's Food that offered more options, People didn't shop there. Shopping strips had Belk's a great Chinese restaurant (that I personally loved) other. U didn't support it. I DID most every time I went there! Story after story there of NON support by those that actually lived there. Phitt! Get what you ask for or DON'T.

I know for the West side of the county to become healthy again it means some new industry. I've always been open for that. I'll say I believe the town was lazy a long while on pursuing that just because they could survive off of selling water to the poultry biz to keep afloat eggs in one basket strategy that obviously did not pan out well. Round 2 coming up with that revitalization!

I stand by ALL my local chatham biz visits that they offer best in customer service.
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 05:36:33 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »

You're nothing of the kind.  You're a smart, hard-working, sincere American patriot and I wish there only were more like you.

You're way too kind and I thank you.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »

What are U missing? The West had a Lowe's Food that offered more options, People didn't shop there. Shopping strips had Belk's a great Chinese restaurant (that I personally loved) other. U didn't support it. I DID most every time I went there! Story after story there of NON support by those that actually lived there. Phitt! Get what you ask for or DON'T.

Excuse me, but as usual you're dead wrong.  I did support those businesses.  But I also recognize that in order for businesses that are service industries, the people need to have money to shop there.  You need one (industry) for the other (service) to survive.  Why is this so difficult for you to understand?  A first grader could grasp the concept.

I know for the West side of the county to become healthy again it means some new industry. I've always been open for that.

It's hard to tell what you're for when you say pithy like things like an auto manufacturer would "pave over" the county.  You're not part of the solution, Rabid.  As usual, you're part of the problem because you type before you think about what you're saying.

Ice Pilot2
Chathamite

Last Login:June 20, 2017, 10:22:56 AM
Date Registerd:January 16, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 07:42:08 AM »

Shopping strip had Belk's a great Chinese restaurant................

I miss them both.  The sit down aspect of the restaurant and the (imho) higher quality of food was refreshing.  The customer service and small town feel of that Belk was a throwback that was appreciated.   
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »

Shopping strip had Belk's a great Chinese restaurant................

I miss them both.  The sit down aspect of the restaurant and the (imho) higher quality of food was refreshing.  The customer service and small town feel of that Belk was a throwback that was appreciated.   

I was in Siler yesterday and spent $ @ 3 different businesses (even being from the evil east some want to portray, lol) Roll Eyes Working hard still to keep my $/tax base in Chatham. It's a mindset with me.

That was some great Chinese food and great service for sure! Miss them for real! The Belk's there sure solved some B-day, Christmas shopping solutions for me in the men category! Sad that more people didn't support both to keep them there vs. now empty spaces.
I've supported many a new great restaurant venture there that just willowed away on the vine from lack of local support. I liked PC's for a quick grab lunch.

Oh well. Hope they figure out re-inventing themselves. It was really a nice town to grow up in. Active downtown/community.
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: