Chatham County Online BBS
March 26, 2017, 03:57:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the best Chatlist posts at Chatham Chatlist Highlights

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chatham Comprehensive Plan  (Read 1269 times)
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 06:24:16 AM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 07:24:33 AM »

F indeed an auto manufacturer or other hit Siler site, your 'paradise' too would be flattened by bulldozers and paved over. Look for it in your future if you live long enough. Greed rules Wink

They don't flatten and pave over the whole damn county when they build an auto plant.  The problem is that aging hipsters work in the East and don't give a damn about some man or woman in the West who is trying to feed his family.

As far as Eastern elitists like are concerned, the West can starve so long as they get to take their Sunday drive and look at the countryside.

I was born in the west, have lived in the county many decades and fully understand the cycles of ALL corners of the county and have supported all corners of the county in way of businesses. Can YOU say that of yourself? I'm pulling for the West to gain good jobs, but understand there are tradeoffs that come with it just saying and that they may just mean unwillingly impact to someone's 'paradise' there. All I'm saying.
I live in what was once a peaceful semi and rural area...not anymore due to BC's California dream of paving paradise. They have the NERVE to offer a giddy little earth day celebration, when ALL they have done is throw up cheap quality houses with a myriad of issues to leave buyers with holding the bag for and throwing up pseudo businesses that they promoted the residents would walk 3 miles to under the premise of live, work, play BS.  Upside the head
Careful what you ask for Silk. Folks in my area didn't ask for BC, but they got it due some commissioners that didn't have to live with it one iota, nor care~ I suspect with a kickback vote tho'. JMO

Growth is going to happen but clogging up HWY 64 at the Lake is not it. Yes, 64 in Chatham is sometimes laden with heavier traffic than it is in Cary! We need jobs in Western Chatham, people are out of work or stuck with low wages unless you go out of county. Where do the young people work in this county after they get on their own? News flash, they move away! No jobs!

Chatham has also become unaffordable for many elderly, their taxes have gone up and if they need part time employment none is available.

Keep griping about BC but in reality the huge residential growth in the East is one of the only things keeping this County afloat. Look at the County permit report, virtually no one is building houses West of Pittsboro.

Keep griping about lack of jobs in western Chatham and driving a hundred miles a day to a job instead of becoming proactive to change that. You've dissed any attempts to improve or advance that side of the county, so not much sympathy here for you. I truly hope things will improve there for many reasons. When and then U may understand some other tradeoffs that come with that Wink Who knows, the GREAT screwed up NORTH you escaped from may again appeal to you Wink

Rabit, you left the Western County years ago and have repeatedly said you enjoy the East so to be blunt YOU DON'T LIVE HERE! Now go back to your Rabit Hole and meds.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 02:26:14 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »

F indeed an auto manufacturer or other hit Siler site, your 'paradise' too would be flattened by bulldozers and paved over. Look for it in your future if you live long enough. Greed rules Wink

They don't flatten and pave over the whole damn county when they build an auto plant.  The problem is that aging hipsters work in the East and don't give a damn about some man or woman in the West who is trying to feed his family.

As far as Eastern elitists like are concerned, the West can starve so long as they get to take their Sunday drive and look at the countryside.

I was born in the west, have lived in the county many decades and fully understand the cycles of ALL corners of the county and have supported all corners of the county in way of businesses. Can YOU say that of yourself? I'm pulling for the West to gain good jobs, but understand there are tradeoffs that come with it just saying and that they may just mean unwillingly impact to someone's 'paradise' there. All I'm saying.
I live in what was once a peaceful semi and rural area...not anymore due to BC's California dream of paving paradise. They have the NERVE to offer a giddy little earth day celebration, when ALL they have done is throw up cheap quality houses with a myriad of issues to leave buyers with holding the bag for and throwing up pseudo businesses that they promoted the residents would walk 3 miles to under the premise of live, work, play BS.  Upside the head
Careful what you ask for Silk. Folks in my area didn't ask for BC, but they got it due some commissioners that didn't have to live with it one iota, nor care~ I suspect with a kickback vote tho'. JMO

Growth is going to happen but clogging up HWY 64 at the Lake is not it. Yes, 64 in Chatham is sometimes laden with heavier traffic than it is in Cary! We need jobs in Western Chatham, people are out of work or stuck with low wages unless you go out of county. Where do the young people work in this county after they get on their own? News flash, they move away! No jobs!

Chatham has also become unaffordable for many elderly, their taxes have gone up and if they need part time employment none is available.

Keep griping about BC but in reality the huge residential growth in the East is one of the only things keeping this County afloat. Look at the County permit report, virtually no one is building houses West of Pittsboro.

Keep griping about lack of jobs in western Chatham and driving a hundred miles a day to a job instead of becoming proactive to change that. You've dissed any attempts to improve or advance that side of the county, so not much sympathy here for you. I truly hope things will improve there for many reasons. When and then U may understand some other tradeoffs that come with that Wink Who knows, the GREAT screwed up NORTH you escaped from may again appeal to you Wink

Rabit, you left the Western County years ago and have repeatedly said you enjoy the East so to be blunt YOU DON'T LIVE HERE! Now go back to your Rabit Hole and meds.

I have family, friends that live there and property ownership there. Still go there, shop there. As far as I can tell you luckily MARRIED into Chatham county. Shown very little support to any new local biz endeavors. Bragged about going OUT of county to do your shopping in surrounding counties because Chatham didn't suit you. Work outside of county~in general it seems you just THUMB your nose to the county outside of a mattress. Why don't you go back to Yankee Land that seems to invade and then tell us all what's best, better for all of us TRUE locals? Phtt!

Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 03:52:39 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 08:46:52 AM »

I have family, friends that live there and property ownership there. Still go there, shop there. As far as I can tell you luckily MARRIED into Chatham county. Shown very little support to any new local biz endeavors. Bragged about going OUT of county to do your shopping in surrounding counties because Chatham didn't suit you.

For the record, you vote for people that are anti-business.  You've made that abundantly clear.  You don't support an auto manufacturer either, which means you really don't support local jobs outside of the few mom and pop ventures that fit a very narrow view of what you find "acceptable".

Thus, you making this charge is about as hypocritical as it gets.  

Work outside of county~in general it seems you just THUMB your nose to the county outside of a mattress. Why don't you go back to Yankee Land that seems to invade and then tell us all what's best, better for all of us TRUE locals? Phtt!

The Yankee Land liberals are the ones trying to determine what's "best for us locals", you tendentious turd.  You're in lock step with whatever crazy plans they dream up.  I bet you gleefully voted for the same snobby gits that tried to circumvent the will of the people and institute the Land Transfer Tax.  The same slimy, imbecilic sphincters that wanted the Major Corridor Ordinance.

It's the transplants who want to come to Chatham and shut the door behind them.  Then tell the locals what they can and can't do with land that's been in their family for generations.  It's the left that wants every land owner with less than 10 acres to have to come, hat in hand, and beg the BOC for permission to build a small barn.  Why?  Because the laws they put in place are meant to give them the maximum amount of control.  Every ditch is a "seasonal stream" or some such nonsense.  And therefore they can restrict people's rights based on fuzzy headed notions of "environmentalism".

NO.  Just NO.  You don't know what you're talking about, and every time you manage to hunt and peck out your next message, it serves to once again prove that some people are nothing more than useful idiots for interests that don't give a DAMN about anything but themselves.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 02:26:14 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 02:37:34 PM »

I have family, friends that live there and property ownership there. Still go there, shop there. As far as I can tell you luckily MARRIED into Chatham county. Shown very little support to any new local biz endeavors. Bragged about going OUT of county to do your shopping in surrounding counties because Chatham didn't suit you.

For the record, you vote for people that are anti-business.  You've made that abundantly clear.  You don't support an auto manufacturer either, which means you really don't support local jobs outside of the few mom and pop ventures that fit a very narrow view of what you find "acceptable".

Thus, you making this charge is about as hypocritical as it gets.  

Work outside of county~in general it seems you just THUMB your nose to the county outside of a mattress. Why don't you go back to Yankee Land that seems to invade and then tell us all what's best, better for all of us TRUE locals? Phtt!

The Yankee Land liberals are the ones trying to determine what's "best for us locals", you tendentious turd.  You're in lock step with whatever crazy plans they dream up.  I bet you gleefully voted for the same snobby gits that tried to circumvent the will of the people and institute the Land Transfer Tax.  The same slimy, imbecilic sphincters that wanted the Major Corridor Ordinance.

It's the transplants who want to come to Chatham and shut the door behind them.  Then tell the locals what they can and can't do with land that's been in their family for generations.  It's the left that wants every land owner with less than 10 acres to have to come, hat in hand, and beg the BOC for permission to build a small barn.  Why?  Because the laws they put in place are meant to give them the maximum amount of control.  Every ditch is a "seasonal stream" or some such nonsense.  And therefore they can restrict people's rights based on fuzzy headed notions of "environmentalism".

NO.  Just NO.  You don't know what you're talking about, and every time you manage to hunt and peck out your next message, it serves to once again prove that some people are nothing more than useful idiots for interests that don't give a DAMN about anything but themselves.

Roll Eyes to you.
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 03:09:07 PM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 03:04:56 PM »

Guess Rabbitt does not realize the eat has been drowned by  liberals from New York. She loves them but calls all who disagree with her Yankees. If Chatham County offered anything but mom and pop shops who are pricey with little variety we would shop here. Lot of us drop a solid dollar in the 2 Walmarts. Plus she does not get that if more people worked here we would spend money here. Easier to shop where you work on lunch hours.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: