Chatham County Online BBS
October 22, 2017, 08:36:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find a local business! Visit the Chatham Business Directory

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: So went to recycle today...  (Read 14042 times)
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 01:46:45 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2017, 01:39:16 PM »

BACK to the original post...RECYCLE +. Loaded up this morn and got to the dang center and the 'thingy' was gone again...rode the garbage around whilst doing errands, passed back by 1.5 hr. later and NO recycle thingy there still  Angry Had to bring it back home Angry
If can't provide the service being charged for then need to reduce sum paying for. JMO

Looking back at your dates, Jan 30 and yesterday Feb 13, it appears you are trying to recycle on Mondays.  Perhaps that is the day the thingy is emptied and gone.  I suspect most recycle on the weekends and they have to empty it on Mondays.  Perhaps you can try on a Tuesday or another
day with a different result....  My husband has gone probably about 3 times since the change and thankfully the bin has always been there.

OR maybe when they arrive to pick up a FULL bin, they should come in tow with an empty one to replace the full one vs none available Huh Some sites are busier than others I know, but that should have been taken into consideration.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:33:53 PM by natvrabit » Logged
kimmimom
Chathamohican

Last Login:February 14, 2017, 02:39:41 PM
Date Registerd:March 10, 2006, 03:58:16 PM

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2017, 02:40:27 PM »

BACK to the original post...RECYCLE +. Loaded up this morn and got to the dang center and the 'thingy' was gone again...rode the garbage around whilst doing errands, passed back by 1.5 hr. later and NO recycle thingy there still  Angry Had to bring it back home Angry
If can't provide the service being charged for then need to reduce sum paying for. JMO

Looking back at your dates, Jan 30 and yesterday Feb 13, it appears you are trying to recycle on Mondays.  Perhaps that is the day the thingy is emptied and gone.  I suspect most recycle on the weekends and they have to empty it on Mondays.  Perhaps you can try on a Tuesday or another
day with a different result....  My husband has gone probably about 3 times since the change and thankfully the bin has always been there.

OR maybe when they arrive to pick up a FULL bin, they should come in tow with an empty one to replace the full one vs none available Huh Some sites are busier than others I know, but that should have been taken into consideration.

But apparently they don't have that capability so adjust to another day and then you don't have to feel frustrated.  Just a thought! 
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2017, 04:46:43 PM »

But apparently they don't have that capability so adjust to another day and then you don't have to feel frustrated.  Just a thought! 
''
Never had an ability  before, why know? Paying my taxes all the while for the service
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:31:21 AM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »

So you have no suggestions at all to improve the schools.  Kinda what I figured.

Roll Eyes

Fine, if people want their kids to go to a $$ private school, then start plunking coins into the piggy bank when they leave the maternity ward. Should not be at expense of withdrawing funds elsewhere.

So they should save up and pay for private schooling and at the same time pay taxes for a system that they won't be using??

Many people are childless and yet they pay taxes toward schools. No tax discount given to them!

Not having children is a choice having them and being forced to pay twice is theft.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2017, 10:09:04 PM »

I'm not going to 'rain down' on the attendants there in their quaigmire that have NO control over idiotic decisions been made behind the scenes and they have to front up deal with the public's frustration of taking items back home, esp. being hired by a 'ghost company' that pays them beans.

then save up your money and hire a private contractor to handle your trash

problem solved

I HAD a really great private contractor, but I am committed to recycling and he wasn't allowed to  do that. I also compost. Since I was going to recycle center weekly anyway and PAYING for that within my taxes, I had to let him go for my tiny little bag of garbage.

So you don't want to pay twice??Yet people paying twice for education because of inferior service is OK for you.

FILIPPO MAZZEI
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:October 20, 2017, 09:14:05 AM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2017, 11:24:05 AM »

When the compactor is full at the site I use we are directed to throw our trash into a bulky bin, I did it this morning, not a big deal.

Unless I take a load on a weekend I am usually on my way to work when I drop off the trash. The recycling bins are a lot easier now, I don't have to sort, just dump and run. I like the new system.

Maybe you don't have the new ONE, SMALL container that is expected to replace like 6 cardboard bins, 2 huge mixed paper, a huge newspaper + a huge metal cans bin closest to where I live.

Like you sort or recycle anyway~you've clearly declared your disbelief in doing so. Dump and run is a more adequate description I think. Glad to know you do that @ a center and not randomly along a road...maybe?

I recycle shipping box cardboard and oil. I don't have time to sort all of the paper, plastics and glass, as a Gladys Kravitz busy body you obviously have all of the time in the world. Also, much of the plastic I generate they don't recycle because oil or other chemicals were in the bottles. Funny, plastic is primarily made of oil yet oil containers can't be recycled.

Also, how I use the recycling centers is really none of your business.

BTW... I am all for school choice and vouchers, competition among schools is a good thing!

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »

When the compactor is full at the site I use we are directed to throw our trash into a bulky bin, I did it this morning, not a big deal.

Unless I take a load on a weekend I am usually on my way to work when I drop off the trash. The recycling bins are a lot easier now, I don't have to sort, just dump and run. I like the new system.

Maybe you don't have the new ONE, SMALL container that is expected to replace like 6 cardboard bins, 2 huge mixed paper, a huge newspaper + a huge metal cans bin closest to where I live.

Like you sort or recycle anyway~you've clearly declared your disbelief in doing so. Dump and run is a more adequate description I think. Glad to know you do that @ a center and not randomly along a road...maybe?

I recycle shipping box cardboard and oil. I don't have time to sort all of the paper, plastics and glass, as a Gladys Kravitz busy body you obviously have all of the time in the world. Also, much of the plastic I generate they don't recycle because oil or other chemicals were in the bottles. Funny, plastic is primarily made of oil yet oil containers can't be recycled.

BTW... I am all for school choice and vouchers, competition among schools is a good thing!

Likewise, how I use the center is none of your business. I'm fine with someone choosing to send their child to a private school~as long as they pay for it.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:October 20, 2017, 09:14:05 AM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »

Likewise, how I use the center is none of your business. I'm fine with someone choosing to send their child to a private school~as long as they pay for it.

I don't want to pay for public schools because of the curriculum being pushed but I have to.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2017, 01:16:07 PM »

I don't want to pay for public schools because of the curriculum being pushed but I have to.

Well I'm done with this topic and ur R spin...too busy keeping up with the Orangutan in Chief's latest 'gift' of treason to all of us! Thanks~not!!!

Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:14:34 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 09:27:19 PM

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2017, 03:31:09 PM »

You're dim enough to think what he's doing is treasonous? For real?!

Then what are you gonna do about it? Let's see the torches and pitchforks. I'm waiting.

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2017, 05:12:19 PM »

Then what are you gonna do about it? Let's see the torches and pitchforks. I'm waiting.

And you are DIM enough to think Flynn didn't collude with the Kremlin & is not an offense, or just a gratis or/if not by the Orangutan in Chief direction? Only reason he got dispensed of was because it got EXPOSED and not because of it happened or was directed. Get a grip. Corruption at its worst.
Dangerous times for this country for sure, playing out every day with this Baboon in Chief. Every power in the world has identified him as the illiterate, simple minded idiot he is.
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2017, 06:03:08 PM »

They don't anything for nothing they want to pay for it with their tax money not pay for public and private schools at the same time. The taxes follow the student.

FILIPPO MAZZEI
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:October 20, 2017, 10:58:15 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2017, 06:56:48 PM »

And you are DIM enough to think Flynn didn't collude with the Kremlin & is not an offense, or just a gratis or/if not by the Orangutan in Chief direction? Only reason he got dispensed of was because it got EXPOSED and not because of it happened or was directed. Get a grip. Corruption at its worst.
Dangerous times for this country for sure, playing out every day with this Baboon in Chief. Every power in the world has identified him as the illiterate, simple minded idiot he is.

It is the former Baboon in Chief whose embedded bureaucrats spied on Trump's Transition Team and then leaked parts of the transcripts to the Praetorian media.

There's been no crime committed by Flynn or otherwise.

You want to know the truth?  Let's see a release of the illegally wiretapped transcripts in their entirety, along with the names of did the wiretapping and the leaking.

How's 'at?

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
srvfan
Chathamohican

Last Login:May 29, 2017, 01:03:43 PM
Date Registerd:February 10, 2006, 03:21:51 PM

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2017, 09:38:55 PM »

If your blood pressure gets this elevated over taking out the trash it's a good thing you don't own a business and have to deal with the alphabet soup of regulatory agencies.  The new NC sales tax rules alone would be enough to give you a stroke

"The government forces those who sell pharmaceutical drugs to list the possible side effects, even if only a few people will suffer those side effects. Unfortunately, the government itself never tells us about the bad side effects of the things it prescribes."- Thomas Sowell
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:14:34 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 09:27:19 PM

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2017, 10:45:09 PM »

No, but you've proven stupid enough to think any part of that is accurate. So answer the quest: what are you going to do about it? Follow in the footsteps of the "great" Dhimmicrat party and set off some bombs? Maybe mail some suspicious powder to the Whitehouse? Or just continue to flap your gums about sorting tin cans?

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: