Chatham County Online BBS
April 28, 2017, 06:42:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find a local business! Visit the Chatham Business Directory

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Obamacare Concerns  (Read 2256 times)
Conehead
Chathamite

Last Login:March 09, 2017, 03:23:43 PM
Date Registerd:March 11, 2012, 10:39:04 AM

« on: January 26, 2017, 03:26:54 PM »

http://www.wral.com/unc-prof-uncertainty-instability-to-follow-aca-repeal/16467696/

Often referred to as "Obamacare," the signature legislation of former President Barack Obama's administration ushered in free preventive care, from annual physicals to free mammograms and colonoscopies, coverage for those with pre-existing conditions and children remaining on their parents' health plans until age 26.

Nothing is FREE! Someone is paying for the service. Why is this such a hard concept to understand?

"If you go ahead and take away that individual mandate, you will probably make that population that signs up for coverage even sicker," said Dr. Jonathan Oberlander, a professor of social medicine and health policy and management at the UNC School of Medicine. "So, Republicans in the Trump administration have to find a substitute for that penalty, a different way to get healthy people to sign up for coverage."

A lack of "coverage" will not make anyone "sicker". Health "care" (the actual application of a therapeutic approach) is still available to everyone even if they don't have coverage.

Making "healthy" people sign up takes their money and then redistributes it to others (via subsidies) to receive care. What is the benefit to the healthy person?
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 02:05:14 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 09:27:19 PM

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:39:58 PM »

Right on Conehead! My Mom taught me TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch) before I turned double-digits. It isn't just that they shifted free medical services onto the backs of the middle and lower classes, but that Řbozocare did it in the most inept and costly fashion possible.

Good riddance to bad ideas!

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
UNC70
Chathameister

Last Login:April 09, 2017, 01:42:27 AM
Date Registerd:June 23, 2009, 09:07:24 PM

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »

Well, hope neither of you have a pre-existing condition or you will find out the difference between insurance and healthcare.
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »

Well, hope neither of you have a pre-existing condition or you will find out the difference between insurance and healthcare.

I understand the differences far more than your walnut-sized brain ever could.

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:March 31, 2017, 06:50:07 AM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »

I heard they are not taking the pre existing clause away.

Rand Paul headed a committee and they came up with a replacement.

1) Buy across state lines (not just BCBSNC)
2) Write off premiums and deductible on your taxes
3) More tax write off for your HSA and higher savings limits
4) Kids stay on until 26
5) Doctors get write offs for free services to incentivize them to offer them
6) A low cost government options
7) No mandate or penalty to buy or not
Cool States get to control their Medicaid

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
oakrunfarm
Chathameister

Last Login:February 17, 2017, 07:49:35 PM
Date Registerd:January 26, 2007, 06:14:27 PM

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 07:57:06 PM »

Can't wait to see what they come up with!

I am sure it will be great, just great. Because you know, everything he does is YUGE, as bigly YUGE as possible.

And you know... Trump knows more than ANYONE about healthcare. You just can't BELIEVE how much he knows! Pretty much more than everyone ELSE all put together!

I am so excited because this is going to be so YUGE and BIGLY great!

Gosh, I am on pins and needles to hear because I know it will be amazing and SO much better and cheaper than the ACA too!

WOO HOO!
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »

Anything is better and cheaper than Řbozocare.

natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 04:06:56 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 03:41:34 PM »

I am sure it will be great, just great. Because you know, everything he does is YUGE, as bigly YUGE as possible.

And you know... Trump knows more than ANYONE about healthcare. You just can't BELIEVE how much he knows! Pretty much more than everyone ELSE all put together!

Gosh, I am on pins and needles to hear because I know it will be amazing and SO much better and cheaper than the ACA too!

WOO HOO!

We've all waited what 6 yrs. for THEIR ideas and alternative plan, or modifications to improve ACA and got...ZIP beyond repeal, repeal and repeal chatter Roll Eyes Even now that their dog caught the tire, they have no real plan. At best trying to cobble together something equally as insane as the recent immigrant ban that is preventing entitled people to return home.
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 05:50:57 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »

WOO HOO!

We've all waited what 6 yrs. for THEIR ideas and alternative plan, or modifications to improve ACA and got...ZIP beyond repeal, repeal and repeal chatter Roll Eyes Even now that their dog caught the tire, they have no real plan. At best trying to cobble together something equally as insane as the recent immigrant ban that is preventing entitled people to return home.

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/press/dr-rand-paul-unveils-obamacare-replacement-act

http://paulryan.house.gov/healthcare/

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-to-expect-from-tom-price-president-elect-trumps-pick-for-hhs-secretary-2016-11-29

Some of this is new, some isn't.  Maybe your "news" sources would rather you weren't informed properly.  Jonathan Gruber crowed in public, after Obamacare was rammed through, that he and the Obongo Regime made sure you weren't .... because we're all stupid anyway, according to him.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 06:07:29 PM »

Yeah, Paul Ryan in the consolation lost prize from VP to house speaker babbles on. Opposed Trump on all fronts and now looks like he's swallowed a bowl of goldfish. Hypocrite. Remember the Drumph gave him marching orders if he dared to disagree Wink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:10:33 PM by natvrabit, Reason: added opinion » Logged
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 05:52:15 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 07:43:41 PM »

Yeah, Paul Ryan in the consolation lost prize from VP to house speaker babbles on. Opposed Trump on all fronts and now looks like he's swallowed a bowl of goldfish. Hypocrite. Remember the Drumph gave him marching orders if he dared to disagree Wink

Sucks to be on the other end doesn't it??Well I guess well have to pass it to see what's in it.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 05:50:57 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »

Look, you brought up "the GOP has no plan".  There are plans; I posted the links, so either respond to them and/or say you were wrong.

You're like an ADHD wabbit.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »

Sucks to be on the other end doesn't it??Well I guess well have to pass it to see what's in it.

Not overly concerned as I believe he will get himself impeached in pretty short order.
He's finally got his million plus numbers he's been chasing after...# of Brit's petitioning to have his visit to UK and meeting the Queen canceled. I believe that may be a 1st!
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 26, 2017, 12:15:48 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:45 AM »

WOO HOO!

Sarcasm is often used to obscure a poor understanding of the issue.  Obama knew next to nothing about healthcare.  And when they did put together the ACA, it wasn't a carefully considered piece of legislation.  It was every Congresscritters cobbled together idea, and they threw it against the wall hoping it would stick.  Remember Pelosi saying we needed to pass the bill to see what was in it?

The Obama Admin and the Democrats were dishonest with the American people when it came to the ACA.  They said we could keep our doctor.  They said it would be affordable.  They said it wasn't a tax...even though they went before the Supreme Court and argued that it WAS a tax.

Say what you want, but the Democrats haven't set the bar very high with regard to what we've got now.  

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 26, 2017, 12:15:48 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 10:18:21 AM »

Not overly concerned as I believe he will get himself impeached in pretty short order.

Want to put some money on that? 

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: