Chatham County Online BBS
December 14, 2017, 11:45:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Before you go out to eat check out the Local Restaurant Reviews

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing turn out??  (Read 2572 times)
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 09:58:51 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 09:27:19 PM

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »

The Women's March numbers were amazing WORLDWIDE...the 'Grabber in Chief' best listen up Wink

I'm udderly unimpressed.

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 05, 2017, 05:31:15 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 12:52:55 AM »

Trump's mother's name is Mary.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 12:54:09 AM »

What kind of parent puts these kinds of signs on their kids?

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:June 02, 2017, 12:51:36 PM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 04:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 03:40:06 PM »

I heard the news exclaim "around 2 million worldwide"!  That is about 1/4 of the population of Chicago. A yawn by any standards.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 05:47:26 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »

The kind that don't want some boorish man to this it is acceptable to randomly think it's okay to do that to them because he has some fantasy about himself being a celebrity or otherwise.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »

I heard the news exclaim "around 2 million worldwide"!  That is about 1/4 of the population of Chicago. A yawn by any standards.

Try to keep up Mary, as numbers come in projections are around 3 mil. now...I suppose Dump will now claim he had 4 mil. @ inauguration. Can't be upstaged. Going to get tough come Super Bowl time...130+ mil. them, 150 mil. watched mini me Grin
I'm torn~buy the new Golden Book of Alternative Facts OR.... LOL Rolling
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »

The kind that don't want some boorish man to this it is acceptable to randomly think it's okay to do that to them because he has some fantasy about himself being a celebrity or otherwise.

What in the hell are you trying to say?  This is such a jumbled up mess it's like you tried to divide by potato.

BOFH
Chathamite

Last Login:March 07, 2017, 04:48:08 PM
Date Registerd:October 03, 2013, 09:15:08 AM

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 08:45:01 PM »

Conehead
Chathamite

Last Login:November 29, 2017, 01:14:18 PM
Date Registerd:March 11, 2012, 10:39:04 AM

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 10:37:46 PM »

John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 12, 2017, 09:38:12 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 10:59:31 PM »

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »

And she was gracious enough out of love and belief in her country to attend the inauguration. Tho' I don't believe I saw her kiss the man/child King's ring Wink
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 12, 2017, 09:38:12 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »

It wasn't the ring she was kissing there is still a chance she goes to the retirement home for crooks.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Conehead
Chathamite

Last Login:November 29, 2017, 01:14:18 PM
Date Registerd:March 11, 2012, 10:39:04 AM

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2017, 09:19:12 AM »

NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 05, 2017, 04:02:11 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 03:52:41 PM

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 11:45:26 AM »

There were many, many signs at the march. Some were over the top, some were a bit offensive, some were funny, some provoked thought. The vast majority of women did not have the pussy hats. The ones that did said that they were 'reclaiming that word for our own use" or that they were "wearing the hat to call attention to Trump's offensive statement" or that "it made them feel unified with other women at the march." I can certainly see how some found it offensive, yet I can also see how many felt is was unifying or empowering.

There were many clear issues displayed on signs as well. Some were against fracking, and had signs that stated that, calling on Trump to respect the environment and not push policies that would reduce regulations on pollution, etc. Some had signs against new abortion laws of in support of a woman's right to control her own body. Many signs were just anti-Trump and many were in support of Planned Parenthood. I agree that there were so many issues that it kind of watered down the overall message a bit, but hey, that's freedom I guess. I can see why some think that American women should not complain because they have it better than many women in other countries. I guess the same logic could be applied to most protests though.

I think the sign posted earlier in the thread has been misinterpreted. I think the women was saying that she was a radical, an Islamist and a feminist. I don't think she was saying that she was a radical Islamist, which implies something a bit different. I certainly did not agree with the entire platform that was presented, as I am against open borders and a few other things. However, like the Episcopal church, the idea was that there is more we agree upon than disagree, and that is what is important.

It was certainly one of the largest demonstrations in US history. There's no doubt there were over 500,000 people there and another couple million across the country. I can totally see how some saw the entire event as a 'sore losers rally' or whatever. However, there's quite a bit of hypocrisy to go around for all those telling the left to 'move on' and to 'respect the President and come together' and 'support your President' all those type of statements we are now hearing from the right.

Overall, the entire march seemed to be about wanting women to have control of their own bodies and their own destiny, and to make the world better for their kids. It was no doubt one of the most polite, patient and kind large gatherings I have ever seen, any place. People went out of their way to help others, shared food and drinks, let older people have their seat on the subway, and help people with kids navigate through the masses. There was also a lot of information about how to contact your representatives, and how to better become involved in supporting your beliefs.

Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 04:30:28 PM »

There were many, many signs at the march. Some were over the top, some were a bit offensive, some were funny, some provoked thought. The vast majority of women did not have the pussy hats. The ones that did said that they were 'reclaiming that word for our own use" or that they were "wearing the hat to call attention to Trump's offensive statement" or that "it made them feel unified with other women at the march." I can certainly see how some found it offensive, yet I can also see how many felt is was unifying or empowering.

If I had one wish it would be as follows:  I wish that you had looked at the Tea Party with the same frame of mind you looked at this one.

I'm encouraged to see that people are passionate about their governance.  Even if I don't agree with them.  I think the protest was extremely incoherent.  If the goal was to show that women are about more than their genitalia, then they certainly went about it the wrong way.  If I wanted to convey the concept that I was something other than a sperm donor, I don't believe I would protest in a penis costume.

There were many clear issues displayed on signs as well. Some were against fracking, and had signs that stated that, calling on Trump to respect the environment and not push policies that would reduce regulations on pollution, etc. Some had signs against new abortion laws of in support of a woman's right to control her own body. Many signs were just anti-Trump and many were in support of Planned Parenthood. I agree that there were so many issues that it kind of watered down the overall message a bit, but hey, that's freedom I guess. I can see why some think that American women should not complain because they have it better than many women in other countries. I guess the same logic could be applied to most protests though.

Part of the reason the protests were so big is because they were a catch-all.  It lacked the same focus the Tea Party had, which was about taxation and government overspending.  I guess I look at these protests and compare them to the Tea Party because they have both occurred at the beginning of a new president's term.

Personally, I think people should complain if they want to.  It doesn't mean they should also be immune to criticism. 

I think the sign posted earlier in the thread has been misinterpreted. I think the women was saying that she was a radical, an Islamist and a feminist. I don't think she was saying that she was a radical Islamist, which implies something a bit different. I certainly did not agree with the entire platform that was presented, as I am against open borders and a few other things. However, like the Episcopal church, the idea was that there is more we agree upon than disagree, and that is what is important.

The only way to be a feminist and a devotee of Islam is to be an apostate Islamist.  She would have been beaten for speaking out in many Islamic countries.  At some point, I think the Left is going to have to come to terms with the fact that they have chosen to ally themselves with regressives.  Right now, they have a common enemy, which is the American right.  If there was ever two strange bed fellows, it is feminists and Islamists. 

It was certainly one of the largest demonstrations in US history. There's no doubt there were over 500,000 people there and another couple million across the country. I can totally see how some saw the entire event as a 'sore losers rally' or whatever. However, there's quite a bit of hypocrisy to go around for all those telling the left to 'move on' and to 'respect the President and come together' and 'support your President' all those type of statements we are now hearing from the right.

And plenty of hypocrisy to go along with the detractors of the Tea Party who once said "Give Obama a chance".  You, NC Yippie, were very critical and often mocked the Tea Party.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you wail about hypocrisy.  Might want to consider you're one of the guilty ones.

Personally, I don't go in for supporting anyone just because they hold public office.  I think it is our duty to hold their feet to the fire, regardless of what side of the fence they are on.  This is something you'll continue to see from me throughout the Trump Admin and is something we didn't see from you, Yipster, because you took it upon yourself to be Obama's surrogate on the forum.

Trump is not the best and brightest, but he may do some things I agree with.  So far he's done a lot to keep his promises, which surprises me.  Then again, much of what goes on with Trump surprises me.  I predicted early on that he wouldn't get the Republican nomination.  When he got it, I predicted that Hillary would beat him in a landslide.  Here's hoping that he continues to surprise me. 

Overall, the entire march seemed to be about wanting women to have control of their own bodies and their own destiny, and to make the world better for their kids. It was no doubt one of the most polite, patient and kind large gatherings I have ever seen, any place. People went out of their way to help others, shared food and drinks, let older people have their seat on the subway, and help people with kids navigate through the masses. There was also a lot of information about how to contact your representatives, and how to better become involved in supporting your beliefs.

Sounds like you were there, which wouldn't surprise me.  The Tea Party protests were incredibly kind too.  And to think, we didn't have to distance ourselves from a bunch of trouble makers destroying property.

I asked a woman who attended what Obama had specifically done for women that she felt Trump would overturn.  She couldn't name a single thing.  I heard one person bemoan the loss of funding to Planned Parenthood International.  First of all, the duplicity of Planned Parenthood leadership is well documented.  The idea is that prenatal care and screenings wouldn't be available to women if not for PP.  But then it was revealed in a Congressional inquiry that PP doesn't actually provide most of those services.  They simply "refer" people to local clinics.  Much of the caterwauling turned out to be much ado about nothing.

Outside of that, it was more or less an anti=Trump protest and despite the size of it, I think it might have had the opposite effect the organizers wanted.  They wanted it to be a warning shot across the bow of the Trump admin.

But they couldn't hide the fact that one of the main organizers was Linda Sarsour, who consistently tries to downplay the subjugation of women in Islamic countries.  Ironic, to say the least.  More like worrying.
http://www.clarionproject.org/news/5-things-you-need-know-about-linda-sarsour#

Then we have Madonna's infamous foot in mouth incident.  Despite the "nice" people at the march, the left as a whole has become more and more violent.  Look at what has occurred over the past few years with regard to various riots.  From BLM to the destruction of Berkley last night, it's getting worse.

At some point the left needs to acknowledge that this is actually turning people toward someone like Trump.  Trump's election was the backlash against all the virtue signaling guilt trippers who, instead of engaging in actual debate, played the labeling game.

Now the ordinary people, who by the way are NOT the cause of all the world's problems, are sick of it.  We always get the representation we deserve.  This election was satisfying in one respect: both sides got exactly what they deserved.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: