Chatham County Online BBS
December 18, 2017, 05:49:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read what Chatham County bloggers are saying at the Blog Aggregator

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Diagonal parking PBO  (Read 6491 times)
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 15, 2017, 04:18:16 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 12:01:25 AM »

I stopped using the diagonal parking years ago. Easy to whip in, serious risk of losing back end of your vehicle getting out of one of them! Seems every time it came time to leave, something the size of the Berlin wall had pulled in next to me Grin Not sure that parallel parking would work though. Many people don't do that very well and a lot of see-sawing attempts would gum up traffic flow even worse.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 16, 2017, 04:27:29 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 10:18:06 AM »

When you drive a vehicle the size of the Titanic like I do that problem does not exist. Sucks to be you doesn't it? Here is an idea, before buying a car the size of a Mini Cooper start to think about the area you live in. Contrary to popular NE Chatham opinion those of us that live in the rural county have big vehicles for a reason.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 12:47:52 PM »

When you drive a vehicle the size of the Titanic like I do that problem does not exist. Sucks to be you doesn't it? Here is an idea, before buying a car the size of a Mini Cooper start to think about the area you live in. Contrary to popular NE Chatham opinion those of us that live in the rural county have big vehicles for a reason.

No, it doesn't suck to be me BTW...you, mmm???
I use to have an extended cab truck and it had a blind spot that could hide a bus Grin I rarely parked it where I couldn't depart going forward vs. reverse. My current vehicle is smaller, but not the size of a Mini. However, that could be an idea to consider. Limit the 'grand strand' PBO diagonal parking to compacts only for safety reasons. I can SEE your head exploding now...bwaahaaa!
Truth be, I don't shop downtown PBO a lot~
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 01:21:16 PM »

I park my behemoth in compact spaces too and fuel efficient vehicle spots. BTW an 8 passenger vehicle getting 23 MPG on diesel is a lot more fuel efficient than a 4 passenger Prickus. Fuel efficiency is all relative and size matters.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »

I park my behemoth in compact spaces too and fuel efficient vehicle spots. BTW an 8 passenger vehicle getting 23 MPG on diesel is a lot more fuel efficient than a 4 passenger Prickus. Fuel efficiency is all relative and size matters.

And I suspect with your nasty attitude you'd be the type to snag handicap spaces from those in need without your having a sticker. Just FYI the only compact spaces in downtown PBO are where trees are along the street and will only accommodate a shorter vehicle for SAFETY reasons. Has ZIP to do with MPG...DUH on you.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »

And I suspect with your nasty attitude you'd be the type to snag handicap spaces from those in need without your having a sticker. Just FYI the only compact spaces in downtown PBO are where trees are along the street and will only accommodate a shorter vehicle for SAFETY reasons. Has ZIP to do with MPG...DUH on you.

I fully respect handicapped spots in fact I leave the closer spots in the front of the lot open to the old and lazy people, I like to walk. Enjoy your front parking spot.

natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »

I fully respect handicapped spots in fact I leave the closer spots in the front of the lot open to the old and lazy people, I like to walk. Enjoy your front parking spot.

Try to keep up. I've said I park along side streets in PBO and consider it part of exercise for the day. I also park in tim buktu locales in parking lots in hopes that some some uncaring ole behemoth doesn't beat my door in just trying to get out of their hog.
You should be ticketed for parking your 'behemoth' vehicle for parking in compact spaces, JMO. There generally is a reason for those spaces which is safe length reasons and not obstructing traffic flow and not to favor your imaginary reason of preference to a fuel efficient vehicle hubris on your part.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »

Try to keep up. I've said I park along side streets in PBO and consider it part of exercise for the day. I also park in tim buktu locales in parking lots in hopes that some some uncaring ole behemoth doesn't beat my door in just trying to get out of their hog.
You should be ticketed for parking your 'behemoth' vehicle for parking in compact spaces, JMO. There generally is a reason for those spaces which is safe length reasons and not obstructing traffic flow and not to favor your imaginary reason of preference to a fuel efficient vehicle hubris on your part.

Just an FYI, you know I rarely go to Pittsboro and only shop at Pittsboro Feed and Seed and Lowes, Siler City has most everything else I need so you don't have to worry about my awesome machine taking up your precious Prickus parking spots.

1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 16, 2017, 03:41:08 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »

See, this is the problem with you and your ilk:  whatever you don't like needs a law against it.

And how is it you manage to pick a fight with everybody who posts here?

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 05:50:42 AM »

See, this is the problem with you and your ilk:  whatever you don't like needs a law against it.

People like you are why this BBS is virtually dead compared to what it once was.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 05:54:22 AM »

Just an FYI, you know I rarely go to Pittsboro and only shop at Pittsboro Feed and Seed and Lowes, Siler City has most everything else I need so you don't have to worry about my awesome machine taking up your precious Prickus parking spots.

Wrong. I often shop in Siler City, matter of fact plan to do so today.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 08:50:35 AM »

I am glad you know where Siler is, many of the NE residents have never been there.

natvrabit
Chathamohican

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 10:22:56 AM »

I am glad you know where Siler is, many of the NE residents have never been there.
Born/grew up there, family, friends there. Try to keep as much of my money in county tax base as I can.
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 12, 2017, 09:38:12 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »

People like you are why this BBS is virtually dead compared to what it once was.

No it's your people that couldn't make an argument for their side and went home to cry.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Donnie Springfield
Chathameister

Last Login:December 07, 2017, 09:14:21 AM
Date Registerd:September 26, 2007, 03:34:55 PM

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »

I thought it was because everyone was busy posting garbage on facebook now.
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: