Chatham County Online BBS
December 11, 2017, 11:37:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Pittsboro Journal portal at Pittsboro Journal

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another mass murder, made possible by leftist policies of gun-free zones!  (Read 3372 times)
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 11, 2016, 07:23:38 PM
Date Registerd:February 20, 2006, 11:25:33 PM

« on: October 01, 2015, 05:27:35 PM »

They are reporting 13 dead.  And the biggest failure in the country just called for more deaths.....indirectly. He wants more good people to be unarmed when attacked, just like all these people were. 

There is only ONE solution. Let good people have the CHANCE to live......stop giving nuts, Islamic Extremists, Racists, and other murderers, a hunting refuge where they KNOW they can freely kill and further their causes or their insane need for fame. Liberals, you OWN this. Revel in it. The blood of these students is on your hands yet again. 

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest <> of freedom, go <>in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. <>may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-- Samuel Adams 1776
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 01:52:41 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:28:43 PM »

These are all old arguments we've heard it all before and I don't give a damn about it any more.   I own guns and will own guns as is my right to do so period the end.

I'm more concerned that the police haven't released the name of the murdered what are they protecting???What about this killer don't they want us to know?Huh

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 12:23:34 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:26:02 PM »

The gunman who opened fire at an Oregon community college was forcing people to stand up and state their religion before he began blasting away at them, survivors said Thursday.

Chris Mercer, suspect.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »

"A former president of the college said that the school has only one unarmed security officer and that the community decided against armed guards last year."

I suspect this may have been a bad decision.

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest <> of freedom, go <>in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. <>may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-- Samuel Adams 1776
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:46:43 AM »

http://www.weaselzippers.us/235741-gunman-identified-as-chris-harper-mercer/

Scary, if true. Connections to Islamic Extremism and admired Gay Liberal Killer of media on live TV.

chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:54:20 AM »

The President made a public statement, which can be condensed as: "I have a plan! A plan which disarms more good people after every mass shooting......we can call them survivors! And my plan calls for more and more disarmament until there are no more survivors!"

1911A
Chathamohican

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:23:30 AM »

He's an a$$.  And he, and "they" can try to pass more of their ineffectual gun laws, but I will not be disarmed.  Ever.

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 01:26:11 AM »

"Dangerous Devices

Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited.

Possession of knives with a blade longer than 4 is prohibited.

Brandishing weapons is prohibited.

Misuse of personal defensive weapons e.g., pepper spray, etc. is prohibited. The owner is responsible and accountable for any misuse of these devices."

From the school's own website, just in case anyone is stupid enough to believe leftist propaganda.

noway2
Chathameister

Last Login:April 22, 2016, 03:02:27 PM
Date Registerd:June 20, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »

Noticing a real pattern here that these sorts of things always occur in Liberal Lockdown and Kiss your rear end goodbye - Gun Free Zones.  I wonder why that is?  Little to no chance of meeting a forceful response perhaps.  Of course once again, the guy stops once confronted by force.  Too bad that a proper response wasn't available earlier.

Of course, Oboingo, never to let a tragedy go to waste was on TV fast enough calling for more gun restriction laws, claiming that they would PREVENT (what a dolt) this sort of thing.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 02:41:04 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 08:58:25 AM »

The left believes responsible gun owners are to blame. When was the last time you heard about a concealed carry permit holder doing something like this?

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
1911A
Chathamohican

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 12:24:51 PM »

Noticing a real pattern here that these sorts of things always occur in Liberal Lockdown and Kiss your rear end goodbye - Gun Free Zones.  I wonder why that is?  Little to no chance of meeting a forceful response perhaps.  Of course once again, the guy stops once confronted by force.  Too bad that a proper response wasn't available earlier.

Of course, Oboingo, never to let a tragedy go to waste was on TV fast enough calling for more gun restriction laws, claiming that they would PREVENT (what a dolt) this sort of thing.

News reported there was a group of Vets meeting in a nearby campus building.  One armed young man, carrying concealed, wanted to go where the shots were being fired and, he says, he was stopped by the "staff" from doing so.

Vetustior Humo.
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »

One unarmed vet charged the shooter, and was shot seven times before he could not continue......and he is STILL alive.  I wish HE had been allowed to be armed. This would have stopped much sooner. Even a powerful warrior stopping an armed crazy person is an unreasonable expectation when you have already disarmed our warrior.

Jabberwock
Chathamite

Last Login:May 05, 2016, 03:25:48 PM
Date Registerd:February 11, 2006, 10:40:30 AM

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 11:30:33 PM »

There were, by news accounts, at least one person with a concealed weapon on campus. The college may have discouraged weapons, but it seems this individual knew he was allowed to carry his weapon. Not knowing how far away police response was from the shooting, and being about 200 yards away from the building where the shooting was happening, an armed good samaritan could easily be mistaken for the shooter by authorities, or by another good samaritan.
Paradox
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 08:02:53 AM »

One unarmed vet charged the shooter, and was shot seven times before he could not continue......and he is STILL alive.  I wish HE had been allowed to be armed. This would have stopped much sooner. Even a powerful warrior stopping an armed crazy person is an unreasonable expectation when you have already disarmed our warrior.

And, Chris Mintz, the Veteran mentioned above, is from Randleman North Carolina.   Check out the Go Fund Me campaign for his medical bills.  Had a goal of $10K and it is over $750K right now. 
noway2
Chathameister

Last Login:April 22, 2016, 03:02:27 PM
Date Registerd:June 20, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 08:42:35 AM »

Not knowing how far away police response was from the shooting, and being about 200 yards away from the building where the shooting was happening, an armed good samaritan could easily be mistaken for the shooter by authorities, or by another good samaritan.

This hits on an area, or rather a fiction, often used by those who support gun free zones that if citizens have weapons available that they will play Rambo and confuse the govt. agents responding to an event.  Having immersed  myself in the concealed carry culture for several years I can say that with a few notable exceptions, such as the infamous Gecko 45, http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/, this is an unfounded concern.  Every person in every conversation that I've been involved in has made it clear that they are not police, they are not a hero and would not try to play one, even if they do sleep in a Holiday Inn Express the night before.  Rather, if something we're to happen that put them, or in some cases others around them, in immediate peril that they would take action if they were able to do so without further endangering those around them. 

In other words, having guns in places like cars, such as we are now able to do here in NC, is pointless.  People are not going to run to their vehicles and then play Mighty Mouse shouting "Here I am to Save The Day".  What could make all the difference, though, is if one or more of these people happened to be in the right place at the right time.  In other words, be present when and where bad things are happening.  Unfortunately, in our present climate this is not an option as we're legislatively put into guaranteed victim zones.  This needs to change.
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: