Chatham County Online BBS
February 23, 2018, 05:07:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: View 1000s of full-color action-filled local sports images at Chatham Photos

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: sadly, not an onion article  (Read 608 times)
srvfan
Chathamohican

Last Login:February 21, 2018, 11:34:06 AM
Date Registerd:February 10, 2006, 03:21:51 PM

« on: September 16, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-16/14-year-old-texan-ahmed-mohammed-arrested-home-made-clock-because-it-looks-bomb

"The government forces those who sell pharmaceutical drugs to list the possible side effects, even if only a few people will suffer those side effects. Unfortunately, the government itself never tells us about the bad side effects of the things it prescribes."- Thomas Sowell
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 04:19:33 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 02:54:23 PM »

Just as bad as suspending students for shooting a pretend finger gun.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
noway2
Chathameister

Last Login:April 22, 2016, 03:02:27 PM
Date Registerd:June 20, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 07:36:19 AM »

Just as bad as suspending students for shooting a pretend finger gun.

Or worse, getting suspended over a pop tart gun (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/examiner-recommends-school-board-uphold-pop-tart-suspension/).

In February of 2002, I was working for a company that manufactured electronic control systems and we had built a demonstration and unit that had the panels for the user interface along with some knobs, switches, and indicator lights to simulate how one would work with the machine it emulated.  I was sent on a business trip to among other things demonstrate this device to our largest customer.  While the unit was in a Pelican case, it was still semi fragile and I didn't want to put it in checked baggage on the airplane.  I am sure everyone can see where this is going.  I put it on the carry on baggage scanner and it went through, came out, then the conveyor stopped and it went back in.  A minute or so later a guy held it up and said, "who does this belong to - and I stepped forward.  He asked me what the device was and I told him. He said come with me please."  I was taken over to a special area and asked for my shoes, which were swabbed along with the case.  I remember watching when the guy swabbed the unit and then put the paper cardboard 'swab' in the machine and it came out clear.  He honestly got a puzzled look on his face and did it again, and then again a third time.  At this point some supervisor level person came over and the guy doing the check said, there's no explosives just a lot of electronics and the supervisor said, "There is nothing wrong with that."  Handed me my papers, apologized and sent me on my way.

The thing is that by the look on the guys face when the swab came up negative, I KNEW he was certain that they had a bomb.
noway2
Chathameister

Last Login:April 22, 2016, 03:02:27 PM
Date Registerd:June 20, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 03:41:55 PM »

As a follow up on this one, supposedly this is a picture of this alleged clock: https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/UtnAiZqXjH_AarSDW.kM6w--/YXBwaWQ9bWFnYXppbmVzO3c9ODAw/https://s.yimg.com/os/en_US/News/BGR_News/clock-bomb.jpg

In short, he didn't really build a clock, but disassembled on and put it in a suitcase knowing that it would look like a damned bomb, which also puts the first teachers comment about how he should put it away and not show it off in perspective.
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: