Chatham County Online BBS
February 23, 2018, 05:20:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the best Chatlist posts at Chatham Chatlist Highlights

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Video Catches Planned Parenthood’s Top Doctor Selling Body Parts of Aborted Babi  (Read 8673 times)
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:46:02 AM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« on: July 14, 2015, 02:29:39 PM »

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/14/shock-video-catches-planned-parenthoods-top-doctor-selling-body-parts-of-aborted-babies/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjxwVuozMnU&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jjxwVuozMnU&amp;rel=0</a>

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 10:13:59 AM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »

I'm not watching the vid, reading the article was bad enough.

... Nucatola admits that Planned Parenthood charges per-specimen for baby body parts, uses illegal partial-birth abortion procedures in order to get salable parts, and is aware of their own liability for doing so and takes steps to cover it up.

The footage shockingly depicts the top medical official at the Planned Parenthood corporation munching on her salad while she discusses the sale of body parts of unborn children victimized by abortions. She brazenly describes how the heads of unborn babies killed in abortions command top dollar.

There are no words ..... really ......

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/newsroom/press-releases/statement-from-planned-parenthood-on-new-undercover-video

“In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different. At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does -- with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards. There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood.  In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.

“A well funded group established for the purpose of damaging Planned Parenthood’s mission and services has promoted a heavily edited, secretly recorded videotape that falsely portrays Planned Parenthood’s participation in tissue donation programs that support lifesaving scientific research.  Similar false accusations have been put forth by opponents of abortion services for decades. These groups have been widely discredited and their claims fall apart on closer examination, just as they do in this case.”

Oh really?

The thing is, there's a profit motive here.  The patient says they want to donate their tissue.  Which, to be honest, could be debated because we're talking about much more than just "tissue" at 24 weeks.  We're talking about a baby that has formed a heart, a liver, etc.  And can probably feel pain.  So Planned Parenthood doctors get together to strategize on how to do the procedure to maximize the body parts and organs. 

So if that is determining where they put the forceps to extract the baby from the womb, are they also taking into account minimizing the baby's discomfort while they end its life?  What about the breech extraction that she describes in the video?  Seems the baby's head comes out last, and therefore it would be able to feel what was happening...

How do we know there's not a conflict of interest when there's profit involved? 

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
noway2
Chathameister

Last Login:April 22, 2016, 03:02:27 PM
Date Registerd:June 20, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:53:35 AM »

How do we know there's not a conflict of interest when there's profit involved? 
I would say that with most things there is a real probability of conflict of interest if there is either profit or an ideology involved.  This issue has both.
srvfan
Chathamohican

Last Login:February 21, 2018, 11:34:06 AM
Date Registerd:February 10, 2006, 03:21:51 PM

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »

The depravity and sickness of the pro abortion crowd apparently knows no bounds

"The government forces those who sell pharmaceutical drugs to list the possible side effects, even if only a few people will suffer those side effects. Unfortunately, the government itself never tells us about the bad side effects of the things it prescribes."- Thomas Sowell
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 04:01:45 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 10:20:30 AM »

So is this part of the idea that a woman can do to their body what they choose to do? Seems to me that since the unfortunate outcome of the abortion is being sold by the doctor the woman no longer owns this "part of her body" and it has been taken from her and is being exploited by the abortionist.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. -- Declaration of Independence
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »

The Planned Parenthood defenders say that these body parts are used in research, and that selling them is inherently good.  However, I think the primary motive is profit.  If the "tissue" as they keep referring to it, belongs to the mother, then why don't the proceeds of the sale of the body parts help subsidize the cost of the procedure?   The patient still has to pay the full procedure amount.

Therefore, the sale of the parts and organs are profit generators for Planned Parenthood.  There's really no way that it isn't a conflict of interest.

Clyde
Chathamohican

Last Login:May 23, 2016, 06:23:52 AM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 09:17:55 PM

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 03:54:03 PM »

Good to see the OP has done his or her research before posting

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/07/14/lila_rose_and_live_action_have_another_planned_parenthood_sting_yet_again.html
Clyde
Chathamohican

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 04:04:06 PM »

http://gawker.com/no-planned-parenthood-is-not-selling-aborted-fetal-bod-1717823538

In other words, this is a case of words being taken grossly out of context. Planned Parenthood is doing nothing even remotely shady here, nor are they doing something they haven’t publicly discussed before on multiple occasions. The real question now, though, is who’s behind this whole campaign in the first place and why so many sheep buy this kind of thing.
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 10:13:59 AM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 06:32:18 PM »

No, nothing has been taken out of context.  And further --

Every provider has had patients who want to donate their tissue, and they absolutely want to accommodate them. They just want to do it in a way that is not perceived as, “This clinic is selling tissue, this clinic is making money off of this.”

Except the "patients" cannot agree to "donate their" tissue because they weren't consulted before being murdered in utero.  But carefully, because a client wants liver.

If you believe PP isn't marketing the "tissue" and making money from it, I've got a bridge t'sell ya.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 04:19:33 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 10:27:41 PM »

I'm glad that she didn't even skip a fork full of food while discussing the dismemberment of a baby.

I can't even think of words vile enough to describe what I think of her personally.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 02:09:27 AM »

Actually I have done my research.  Perhaps you should have taken a moment to actually read what I said about the conflict of interest.  As usual, you've made a knee jerk reaction in which you plaster an article in response without actually thinking about the objections we've raised.

It would be so nice, if for once, progressives like you would slow down for just a moment and think about what people are actually saying rather than immediately start debating a strawman of your own construction.

Where did I say that Planned Parenthood did something illegal?  I did not.

What I am concerned about is the conflict of interest in that there is a revenue generating aspect to the abortion procedure above and beyond just ending the pregnancy.  

Let me give you a specific example.  In the video, Nucatola talks about how the doctors may "huddle" before a day of procedures begins.  They talk about the parts that can be harvested and determine which procedures make the most sense to harvest the organs or parts.  Nucatola talks about using a breach birth and the correct placement of forceps to preserve the organs when the baby is extracted from the womb.

Now why would I find that concerning?  We've had discussions about abortion on this board before.  We talked about the research that shows brain activity and when a baby may be able to feel pain.

There are therefore some issues I have with the practice of selling body parts the way that Planned Parenthood goes about it:

1. They should be thinking of the comfort of the baby while terminating its life.  That should trump the profit from whatever organs and parts are sold.  Remember that in the video Nucatola spoke about performing abortions on baby's that were up to 24 weeks old.  Research shows that brain activity may start as early as 16 weeks.

2. Since non-profits like Planned Parenthood are running on a razor thin budget, I am concerned that there is a profit motive to counsel the mother to abort.  I'm not saying they are pushing the mother very hard, but if someone is having a really difficult time, how do we know it doesn't play a small role?  The fact is, we don't.

3. If Planned Parenthood were really concerned about serving the interests of the patient, then one would think the proceeds from the parts would subsidize the procedure.  But that's not what Planned Parenthood is doing.

Clyde, I'm pro-life.  But the things I have just brought up are things a pro-choice person could have also made.  Pro-choice people are always telling me that they want abortion to be as rare an occurrence as possible.  When you have a profit motive entered into this equation, that muddies the waters.

And that's something even the pro-choice crowd should be concerned about.  

And for the record, the article you posted from Slate talks about how surgery is gross and these procedures are no different from having heart surgery.

Well, I don't buy that.  Surgeries like heart procedures, transplants, etc. are done with a goal in mind.  That goal is to save a life.  Abortion is a procedure that is most often done to end a life.  That's a fundamental and important difference.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:11:16 AM by Pi » Logged

Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 11:53:30 AM »

It doesn't surprise me that Clyde hasn't returned to discuss this issue. 

By the way, Federal law requires that no alteration in the timing or method of abortion be done for the purposes of fetal tissue collection (42 U.S.C. 289g-1).

Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/28/planned-parenthood-investigation-reportedly-shows-doctors-discussing-how-to-maximize-revenue-from-sale-of-fetal-tissue-graphic-footage/

In a new video just released by the Center for Medical Progress, a former clinical worker at StemExpress described her job of identifying pregnant women “who met criteria for fetal tissue orders and to harvest fetal body parts after their abortions.”

The new video also shows undercover footage of Dr. Savita Ginde, vice president and medical director of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, who operates abortion clinics in Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Nevada.

She was secretly videotaped in the Planned Parenthood pathology lab, where babies are taken after being aborted. She also talks about making money for body parts: “I think a per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.”

And once again, there's that conflict of interest.  But the defenders of Planned Parenthood want to focus on the whistleblowers. 

Now that it is clear there is a profit motive, as admitted by Planned Parenthood employees, I think in addition to a conflict of interest there are also legal issues.  At first I thought it was legal, but after looking at the laws concerning the sale of body parts, I believe Planned Parenthood has a lot of explaining to do.

Clyde
Chathamohican

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »

It doesn't surprise me that Clyde hasn't returned to discuss this issue. 

By the way, Federal law requires that no alteration in the timing or method of abortion be done for the purposes of fetal tissue collection (42 U.S.C. 289g-1).

Surprising would be someone coming back to discuss y'alls "issues". If you haven't noticed very few do. Maybe y'all should ponder that for a minute or two.
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: