Chatham County Online BBS
November 17, 2017, 12:14:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read what Chatham County bloggers are saying at the Blog Aggregator

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ferguson Rent-A-Mobs Exposed  (Read 702 times)
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:October 18, 2017, 02:18:36 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« on: May 20, 2015, 04:42:51 PM »

Interesting article, if true.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/matthew-vadum/ferguson-rent-a-mobs-exposed/

ACORN’s successor group in Missouri has been paying protesters $5,000 a month to generate civil unrest in Ferguson, the troubled St. Louis suburb where black youth Michael Brown was killed by a white police officer last August.

We know this because some of the protesters haven’t been paid and, now, they are demanding what they were promised. They held a sit-in at the offices of Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (MORE) and posted a demand letter online.

MORE is the rebranded Missouri branch of the former Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) which filed for bankruptcy in late 2010. That ACORN state chapter reconstituted itself in December 2009 as MORE under orders from ACORN’s national headquarters. President Obama used to work for ACORN and he represented it in court as a lawyer. (See my previous article on MORE.)

MORE has been active in the Ferguson protests and in efforts to free jailed demonstrators so they can continue vandalizing businesses, intimidating perceived adversaries, setting fires, throwing projectiles and human waste at cops, and engaging in the Left’s usual modes of so-called nonviolent protest. MORE believes that protesters should be given a blank check to inflict whatever harm they wish on the community in pursuit of social justice.

The unpaid rent-a-mob operatives complain that MORE stiffed them the same way ACORN did to hired protesters throughout its 40 years of radical left-wing rabble-rousing. The ACORN network’s leadership was always predominantly white while its foot soldiers were mostly non-white, a fact that caused tension within the criminal community organizing outfit.

Blogger Kristinn Taylor reported at St. Louis-based blogger Jim Hoft’s website, Gateway Pundit, that “black activists held a sit-in at the office of MORE … on Thursday to press their claim that groups led by whites have collected tens of thousands of dollars in donations off of the Black Lives Matter movement without paying the Black participants their fair share.”

One of the angry protesters can be observed threatening MORE executive director Jeff Ordower, a bald white man, in a video posted to the Twitter account of @search4swag on May 14 with the hashtag #CutTheCheck.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 02, 2017, 03:41:05 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 03:52:41 PM

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:11:57 AM »

Paying any protestors is weak. This stuff stinks to high heaven!
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »

Paying any protestors is weak. This stuff stinks to high heaven!

Did it bother you when it was revealed that the Obama campaign paid people to protest against Romney?

In other news:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/05/18/report-jay-z-paid-ferguson-baltimore-protesters-bail/

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 02, 2017, 03:41:05 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 03:52:41 PM

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 12:06:06 PM »

Yes, I'm against it across the board. Union guys as well. All of them.

Did it bother you when Freedomworks & Americans for Prosperity did the same? Even giving them scripts to yell?

Or when Freedomworks paid millions of dollars to Beck and Limbaugh for favorable coverage?

I'm assuming it did.
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:49:11 PM »

Yes, I'm against it across the board. Union guys as well. All of them.

Did it bother you when Freedomworks & Americans for Prosperity did the same? Even giving them scripts to yell?

Or when Freedomworks paid millions of dollars to Beck and Limbaugh for favorable coverage?

I'm assuming it did.

That would be a good assumption.  I'm quite certain of my feelings on the matter.  I was just curious about yours since you did end up voting for Obama.  So, you voted for Obama in spite of that.  It appears you voted for Obama in spite of a lot of things.

But on the bright side we agree. 

I wasn't aware that Freedomworks and Americans for Prosperity paid people by the hour to protest.  I did find one article where a guy named Ballard was asked to speak to 500 people about retirement accounts.  Freedomworks picked up the bill for this travel expenses.  I'm not sure that's the same thing as paying protesters an hourly fee.

If I were you, Yip, and I read this article, I think I'd have made the same claim:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/10/06/337446/occupy-wall-street-freedomworks/
The biggest example would be FreedomWork’s central role in promoting President Bush’s attempt to privatize Social Security. In 2005, FreedomWorks literally paid people to attend rallies to support Bush’s event.

So the article says "paid people to attend rallies", but then when you click on the link there that's supposedly the source, it brings you to this article:
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/article/Bush-kicks-off-push-for-Social-Security-proposal-1163925.php

And that article is the one that talks about Freedomworks paying a speaker's travel expenses.  I think the Thinkprogress verbiage is a little bit misleading, but that's just me.  And if I'd read the article and not followed the source, I think I might have come away from it with a perception that wasn't quite 100 percent accurate.

Now, I could easily rip the Thinkprogress article apart.  You probably have other sources of information that shows that paid protesters were used.  If you know of some, post them up.  I don't trust these lobbying firms as far as I could throw my house, so I'm not doubting there was impropriety.  Please read my last sentence again, as you have a tendency to ignore the points where there is agreement and focus on the negatives.  Now, if you'll be so kind as to read it one more time so I don't have to repeat myself, that would be lovely.

So...speaking of astroturf and using money to buy support...are you ready for Hillary?

Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 10:50:58 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 09:27:19 PM

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 06:05:11 PM »

So...speaking of astroturf and using money to buy support...are you ready for Hillary?

What, at this point, difference does it make?

Shocked

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: