Chatham County Online BBS
November 17, 2017, 12:11:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Before you go out to eat check out the Local Restaurant Reviews

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The protected, connected liberal media elite  (Read 2557 times)
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:October 18, 2017, 02:18:36 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 12:33:19 PM »

Would you have the same opinion if a Fox reporter held it up and called for the law to be repealed?

Yeah, because that's the law. 

Listen, I get the whole some animals are more equal then others point there. However, to me, a more apples to apples comparison would be an actor or reporter caught with one on the street or in their car, versus a regular person in the same situation. I just don't see using something as a prop in a media story as really exactly the same. If it had been Wayne LaPierre that pulled it out during the interview, I would not support bringing charges either. That said, if they decided to charge him of fine him or whatever, I would not object.

You say you get the point but then make the assertion that some animals are in fact more equal.  Here's the thing: I don't want to see anyone charged because it is a stupid law.

As far as your "apples and oranges" comparison, you've got it very wrong.  The point I made, which you once again missed (why the hell do I even try?) is that the intended use of the magazine makes NO DIFFERENCE under the law.  Please read that slowly and absorb it.  It doesn't matter if it is a "prop" or if it was melted down and made into an ash tray.  At some point, before said magazine was thrown into the fire to melt it, it was being illegally possessed. 

You and I might not see the usage as the same, but that makes no difference when it comes to how the law sees it.  By definition, deviating from the law and allowing some people to get away with it is blatant favoritism.  Doesn't matter if it is the resurrected form of Charlton Heston or a TV anchor.

Again I have to ask why the hell you are arguing if you agree.  If you don't agree then just say as much.  Just come right out and say that reporters are a protected class and be done with it, if in fact that's how you feel. 

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 11, 2017, 02:25:46 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »

Would you have the same opinion if a Fox reporter held it up and called for the law to be repealed?

Listen, I get the whole some animals are more equal then others point there. However, to me, a more apples to apples comparison would be an actor or reporter caught with one on the street or in their car, versus a regular person in the same situation. I just don't see using something as a prop in a media story as really exactly the same. If it had been Wayne LaPierre that pulled it out during the interview, I would not support bringing charges either. That said, if they decided to charge him of fine him or whatever, I would not object.

Rosen and his parents were investigated by this Injustice dept  for being a reporter for FOX. Wire tapping and all that fun stuff foe being a FOX reporter and no charges brought so was it intimidation by Holder and Obama trying to bring them in line or was it just for fun??

So you think that they would be arrested for what Gregory did??

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 11, 2016, 07:23:38 PM
Date Registerd:February 20, 2006, 11:25:33 PM

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 04:02:33 AM »

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/second-amendment-2/liberals-want-trey-gowdy-arrested-and-charged-over-ar-15-picture

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest <> of freedom, go <>in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. <>may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-- Samuel Adams 1776
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: