Chatham County Online BBS
November 17, 2017, 12:26:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find a local business! Visit the Chatham Business Directory

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The protected, connected liberal media elite  (Read 2558 times)
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 12:46:43 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 09:29:38 PM »

The other difference is that Rush has long railed against drug abusers and even called for more harsh punishments for people like him ...

Never happened.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:October 18, 2017, 02:18:36 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 11:15:29 PM »

I was just pointing out that the "charges were dropped" because he's a mega rich dude with bad rear end lawyers, not that he was in any way innocent of the charges. Getting hooked on pills and doctor shopping across state lines to the tune of 20,000+ pills and making large purchases in parking lots for cigar boxes filled with cash is not in the same league as your friend, and really, not even remotely close. The other difference is that Rush has long railed against drug abusers and even called for more harsh punishments for people like him, except when it comes to him, personally.

If anyone after the OJ Simpson trial has faith in the justice system, then they must have been living under a rock.  Sure, there have been several miscarriages of justice but that was one of the most televised instances that clearly showed that there is no justice in the Judicial System.  There's just due process.  And sometimes you don't even get that depending upon what mood the government is in.

Back in the 90's Rush was one of the vocal supporters of the so-called War on Drugs, which makes him a hypocrite.  All I'm saying is that I can understand someone getting hooked on painkillers.  Personally, I don't like pills, even though I have needed pain meds for short periods of time after surgeries.  Big, bad, ugly surgeries where they open you up and check the engine.  And even then, I only took half a dozen or less, and flushed the rest in the toilet.  I hate the fuzzy feeling they cause.  I'd rather be in control, even if that means being in pain.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 02, 2017, 03:41:05 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 03:52:41 PM

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 09:00:04 AM »

Never happened.

"And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we’re not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

…We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country…. This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you’re sorry, people go, “Oh, OK. A little contrition.”… People say, “I feel better. He said he’s sorry for it.” We’re becoming too tolerant, folks.

–Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/95)

http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/limbaugh-on-drugs/
1911A
Chathamohican

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 09:27:58 AM »

When you can link me to his actual transcripts -- and 1995?  Really? -- then we'll talk.

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »

When you can link me to his actual transcripts -- and 1995?  Really? -- then we'll talk.

Pretty sure those quotes are legit.  It is probably safe to say that Limbaugh doesn't feel that way anymore.  He got hooked on pain meds.  I suspect the reason he bought so many pills at once is that he was trying to reduce the probability of getting caught.  Maybe he thought buying a few pills at a time increased the risk of getting caught.

There are times when Limbaugh says things that make a lot of sense.  But I will admit that I do not listen to his shows.  The only talk radio I listen to is Coast to Coast AM, which I am getting fed up with because George keeps putting people on there to talk about all this magical healing and health B.S., which is getting on my nerves.  I wish Art Bell would come back so they would get back to the bread and butter topics: aliens, bigfoot, demons, cattle mutilations, etc.  I love listening to the nutjobs like Linda Moulton Howe.  That is pure entertainment of the highest quality.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
1911A
Chathamohican

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 12:33:14 PM »

They may just be legit, but I do listen to Rush and have for some time.  In his case, context is everything, thus the request for the transcript from his show.  I'm amused at the number of times he's read headlines and/or a piece of an article -- written by someone else -- or repeated someone else's remarks, and has been lambasted as though they were his words.  As I said:  context.

I suspect once he found himself hooked, if he had been putting forth such opinions, he stopped talking about it.  Being hooked on a drug once needed for pain is a no-win situation to find oneself in.  It hasn't happened to me, but I have a friend who had; rehab for her after a confront by her husband.

Coast-to-Coast:  I used to like hearing about the energy vampires.  ::rollseyes::

Vetustior Humo.
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »

I don't think his transcripts go back that far, but her's the same quote in a Fox News story.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2003/10/11/limbaugh-admits-painkiller-addiction.html

John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 11, 2017, 02:25:46 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 09:00:13 PM »

I don't think his transcripts go back that far, but her's the same quote in a Fox News story.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2003/10/11/limbaugh-admits-painkiller-addiction.html

Once again he had charges brought against him but the libs never got charged with anything even though they clearly committed crimes.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 08:39:46 PM »

Once again he had charges brought against him but the libs never got charged with anything even though they clearly committed crimes.

Who do you mean?  Stephanopoulos? Dishonest, but I don't believe that is a crime in that context.

Gregory? Do you really think he should be charged for using a prop in a news story? Really?

Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 02:08:28 AM »

Gregory? Do you really think he should be charged for using a prop in a news story? Really?

Well, that prop happens to be illegal.  Yes, the law is stupid.  But the point is that a regular gun owner can't possess that.  A college kid can't use it for research purposes.  An artist can't get a big box of them and mold them into some kind of sculpture that has a pro gun control theme.  Those things are highly illegal in D.C. regardless of the purpose unless you are military or law enforcement.  

Help me understand where you are coming from here, Yip.  Why should Gregory be exempt from the law if no one else is?

In my opinion that law is very much arbitrary and no one should be prosecuted for owning one of those magazines.  What I'm questioning is why the law doesn't apply to Gregory as it does everyone else.  If an exception is made for Gregory, that proves my point that the same rules do not apply to the media elite.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:10:23 AM by Pi » Logged

noway2
Chathameister

Last Login:April 22, 2016, 03:02:27 PM
Date Registerd:June 20, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2015, 07:57:30 AM »

Why should Gregory be exempt from the law if no one else is?
In my opinion that law is very much arbitrary and no one should be prosecuted for owning one of those magazines.  What I'm questioning is why the law doesn't apply to Gregory as it does everyone else.  If an exception is made for Gregory, that proves my point that the same rules do not apply to the media elite.
This law is wrong, it is an illegal law to begin with and attempting to enforce it should result in extreme force being brought down on the heads of those trying.  Not only that it is a fundamental violation of basic rights that transcend society.  However, you know as well as anyone else that the reason his stunt was ignored because he is on the side of those who are wrong and is championing their message.
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 11, 2016, 07:23:38 PM
Date Registerd:February 20, 2006, 11:25:33 PM

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »

Why should Gregory be exempt from the law if no one else is?
This law is wrong, it is an illegal law to begin with and attempting to enforce it should result in extreme force being brought down on the heads of those trying.  Not only that it is a fundamental violation of basic rights that transcend society.  However, you know as well as anyone else that the reason his stunt was ignored because he is on the side of those who are wrong and is championing their message.

The typical leftist: Laws are for thee and not for me.

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest <> of freedom, go <>in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. <>may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-- Samuel Adams 1776
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 11, 2017, 02:25:46 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 12:53:20 PM

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »

Who do you mean?  Stephanopoulos? Dishonest, but I don't believe that is a crime in that context.

David Gregory broke the law. I Joe blow on the street would be arrested so should he that would be an equal application of the law. I'm not calling for jail time I'm calling for fairness.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2015, 11:52:59 AM »

Would you have the same opinion if a Fox reporter held it up and called for the law to be repealed?

Listen, I get the whole some animals are more equal then others point there. However, to me, a more apples to apples comparison would be an actor or reporter caught with one on the street or in their car, versus a regular person in the same situation. I just don't see using something as a prop in a media story as really exactly the same. If it had been Wayne LaPierre that pulled it out during the interview, I would not support bringing charges either. That said, if they decided to charge him of fine him or whatever, I would not object.

noway2
Chathameister

Last Login:April 22, 2016, 03:02:27 PM
Date Registerd:June 20, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »

That said, if they decided to charge him of fine him or whatever, I would not object.
So, are you saying you don't have a problem with this law?  Do you believe it to be acceptable and in line with the higher laws of the land, up to and including the US Constitution?
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: