Chatham County Online BBS
August 01, 2014, 06:28:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read what Chatham County bloggers are saying at the Blog Aggregator

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Papa Johns Needs Help  (Read 5409 times)
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:July 30, 2014, 05:02:44 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 04:52:41 PM

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »

Sorry, probably should have kept that one to myself. I meant no offense personally to those who happen to work there for a paycheck, but I see your point.

I think I just have too strong of an opinion about pizza.  angel
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:32:22 PM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 10:20:58 AM

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 03:16:32 PM »

........I meant no offense personally to those who happen to work there for a paycheck, .........

Nor did/do I.

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:July 30, 2014, 05:02:44 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 04:52:41 PM

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 03:36:58 PM »

BTW, from Mr. Papa, in his own words on the controversy:

"Many in the media reported that I said Papa John's is going to close stores and cut jobs because of Obamacare. I never said that. The fact is we are going to open over hundreds of stores this year and next and increase employment by over 5,000 jobs worldwide. And, we have no plans to cut team hours as a result of the Affordable Care Act."

"The good news is 100% of the population (full-time workers) is going to get health insurance. I'm cool with that."

"We're all going to pay for it. There's nothing for free."

"And this way I get to provide health insurance and I'm not at a competitive disadvantage ... our competitors are going to have to do the same thing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-h-schnatter/papa-johns-obamacare_b_2166209.html
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:32:22 PM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 10:20:58 AM

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »

BTW, from Mr. Papa, in his own words on the controversy:

"Many in the media reported that I said Papa John's is going to close stores and cut jobs because of Obamacare. I never said that. The fact is we are going to open over hundreds of stores this year and next and increase employment by over 5,000 jobs worldwide. And, we have no plans to cut team hours as a result of the Affordable Care Act."

"The good news is 100% of the population (full-time workers) is going to get health insurance. I'm cool with that."

"We're all going to pay for it. There's nothing for free."

"And this way I get to provide health insurance and I'm not at a competitive disadvantage ... our competitors are going to have to do the same thing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-h-schnatter/papa-johns-obamacare_b_2166209.html

Also,  from that same article:

Reporter: "My understanding is that if you're a full time employee, which is 35 hours or over, you'd be covered. Or if you're part time then you wouldn't be. So wouldn't some business owners just cut people down to like 34 hours a week so they wouldn't have to pay for health insurance?"

John: "It's common sense. It's what I call lose-lose."

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:07:24 PM by Everett McGill » Logged

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: