Chatham County Online BBS
December 11, 2017, 11:51:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Best Email List in the Triangle! Join the Chatham Chatlist

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dirtbag Scoreboard  (Read 31522 times)
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 05, 2017, 05:31:15 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2017, 04:51:32 PM »

So wait, are you forgetting the UN sanction led by Obama and company that has cost North Korea over $800 million in annual export revenue? Maybe it hasn't worked exactly the way we wanted it to, but "Not a damn thing" is a real stretch. The latest sanctions are pretty much more of the same policy.

That was my fault because I wasn't clear.  Let me explain.  Whether it is Bush, Obama, Trump, etc.  I am convinced that sanctions are ineffective and "don't do a damn thing" to lessen the threat that we face.  I'm not saying that 800 million is insignificant.  I just find that incongruous with Obama sending a pallet of cash to Iran.  Especially considering that they are an even more serious threat.  What sanctions do most effectively is increase the level of starvation in North Korea.  Even though Obama did send aid on a couple of occasions to North Korea.  Once right after an earthquake.  And again just days before Trump took office.  The timing of that is interesting...
Either way, no matter what we do with regard to sanctions, you can bet that Kim isn't missing any meals.

Please pardon me for the tangent I'm about to get on here.  This is pretty important stuff, in my opinion.  Even though I know you're not really here to actually discuss anything and of course are trying to accuse me of making a mistake while ignoring the ridiculous assertions that Rabit is making.  Other people reading this might actually find it interesting.

When we're dealing with North Korea, Iran, etc., we have to think in terms of the threat level.
1. Are the actions exacerbating the threat or are they diminishing it?  Is it remaining the same?
2. If we can't reduce the threat, what can we do to defend ourselves?

The best solution is a better defensive position.  But I don't mean a military one.  Hopefully Trump isn't dumb enough to get us involved in that.  You know what Vizzini says:

When I say "defense" I mean systems and infrastructure hardening when it comes to resistance to an Electromagnetic Pulse or EMP.  This is something that has been circulated in Congress and the White House since Clinton was in office.  Currently, North Korea has a couple of satellites in orbit.  Incidentally, that satellite has a trajectory that takes it over the United States.  

See here:
http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/emp-alert-2-n-korean-satellites-now-orbit-over-u-s/

You can track these satellites in real time as well.  In my opinion, this is the biggest threat we face from North Korea.  Of course, we mostly hear about the threat of ICBMs on the news.  But those aren't really that big of an issue because they, for some strange reason, don't seem to have mastered the rocketry and guidance issues.  What worries me is the possibility that a nuclear device could be delivered via a satellite and detonated at an altitude of approximately 200 miles.  

That, my lefty friend, is what worries me.  And if all Trump does is keep the status quo, then he's failing to do something that will actually protect us.  An infrastructure failure caused by a high altitude detonation is a nightmare scenario.  Sanctions isn't going to avoid that.  There are enough countries willing to flout the UN and continue to do business with our enemies.

Every Congress and President up until now has dropped the ball on this.  It's not some conspiracy theory nonsense.  it's science.  And we ignore it at our peril.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 09, 2017, 07:18:57 PM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #316 on: December 09, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Hillary and Obongo go to prison, but I'm not holding my breath.

And for the record, NO, I don't think Judge Moore did anything untoward.

Why was Moore banned from trolling a mall then?
Moore is right in there with Hastert and Sandusky in way of wrong doings with minors...just in his case was with opposite sex. Statute of limitations shouldn't apply. Didn't with them, shouldn't with him.
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 12:23:34 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #317 on: Yesterday at 12:23:34 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Hillary and Obongo go to prison, but I'm not holding my breath.

And for the record, NO, I don't think Judge Moore did anything untoward.

Why was Moore banned from trolling a mall then?
Moore is right in there with Hastert and Sandusky in way of wrong doings with minors...just in his case was with opposite sex. Statute of limitations shouldn't apply. Didn't with them, shouldn't with him.

He wasn't banned from a mall -- more Fake News.

Try to keep up.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: