Chatham County Online BBS
October 23, 2017, 11:16:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Before you go out to eat check out the Local Restaurant Reviews

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Liberty Soccer Tryouts  (Read 441 times)
Muddylaces
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 08:11:18 PM
Date Registerd:December 26, 2007, 09:46:35 AM

HiLlARy Fraudham Nixon for Prison '16

« on: May 05, 2017, 02:26:59 PM »

Liberty has moved into Chatham to provide competitive soccer players access to professional coaching.

In another thread you will see CSL's tryout information.   All I can really say is you can send your kids to both tryouts to get a feel what is best for your kids.

As a parent, I made a mistake.   My kids tried out for CSL, unfortunately CSL, for my kid's age group could not rally up enough kids to build a competitive team.  At that time I was ignorant of what Chatham Soccer League was, I assumed it was a league run by the county, that is how sports were run when I was a child.  I didn't realize it was a private business or club and my kids were free to play wherever they want and as a result my kids sat out a year with no place to play.   The problem in Chatham as I see it is kids who are looking for more, are leaving the county to play for TUSA, CASL, TFC, WakeFC, and Liberty.   Liberty seems to have done a head count of where there players come from and a high % where Chatham residents.   What they are looking to do is rather than make players come to them, they are bringing their coaching to Chatham. If Chatham can start keeping their competitive players they will compete and beat the mega Wake Clubs.

I can tell you this, if your kid loves soccer, you will not ever hear, "I do not feel like going to practice" if they are on a Liberty team.   

You don't change kayaks in the middle of the Haw. Return Bock-Stewart-Petty
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: