Chatham County Online BBS
August 28, 2014, 05:20:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the latest Chatham news at Chatham Journal

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: We need Chatham Park !  (Read 2322 times)
SlowEasy
Chathamite

Last Login:August 25, 2014, 01:02:31 PM
Date Registerd:November 04, 2011, 11:31:06 PM

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 11:27:56 AM »

Sloweasy -

I don't remember how much of a financial stake you had in this venture.

Do you mind if I came over to your home and tell you how to run things.

I guess the concept of private property rights is one you are not very familiar with?

1. You don't remember me because this is the first time we ever communicated on the bulletin board. I own some wooded property near where Chatham Park has big plans,  so I have concerns what I should do with my own!
2.I'm open to criticism if you came over Zorro. Hey I'll even give you a cup of coffee, your white horse some oats and even have my boy friend tighten up your whip or sharpen your sword in North Chatham, but I don't think you would want to gallop all the way to Nash county on where I live now!
3. Property rights, of course I do silly! What kind of dumb question is that anyways. I'm just an opinionated visionary when it comes to small historic towns that are losing their charm to quickly to yet another Research Triangle Park, but in this case it should be more like Research Chatham Park.
June
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:30:38 AM by SlowEasy » Logged
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:59:07 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 09:29:04 PM

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 12:24:59 PM »

Sloweasy -

I guess the concept of private property rights is one you are not very familiar with?

1. You don't remember me because this is the first time we ever communicated on the bulletin board. I own some wooded property near where Chatham Park has big plans,  so I have concerns what I should do with my own!
2.I'm open to criticism if you came over Zorro. Hey I'll even give you a cup of coffee, your white horse some oats and even have my boy friend tighten up your whip or sharpen your sword in North Chatham, but I don't think you would want to gallop all the way to Nash county on where I live now!
3. Property rights, of course I do silly! What kind of dumb question is that anyways. I'm just an opinionated visionary when it comes to small historic towns that are losing their charm to quickly to yet another Research Triangle Park, but in this case it should be more like Research Chatham Park.
June

So you don't have a dog in this fight.

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  - Adolf Hitler
zorro
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 07:24:05 AM
Date Registerd:June 09, 2007, 09:29:22 PM

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 12:40:06 PM »

Sloweasy -

Apparently not. Like a lot of the Pittsboro Matters, beyond their small core group, most are people from outside the area.

My favorite are the people from Chapel Hill who want to maintain the "Big Woods" feel for their own eclectic benefits.

June

So you don't have a dog in this fight.

I defend the people of the land against tyrannical governors and other villains and bumbling authorities.
SlowEasy
Chathamite

Last Login:August 25, 2014, 01:02:31 PM
Date Registerd:November 04, 2011, 11:31:06 PM

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 01:55:44 PM »

For me personally I have no dog as you boldly pointed out, though I do have concerns for my future husband business that has been battered and bruised financially,his dreams shifted as well as for all those poor developers who have lost so much in the Zombieland. It's all so very sad. I do hope for the best for whatever positive outcome will be. I really really do! I'm just concern, just like everyone else, thats all...
June
Livin-in-Chatham

Last Login:June 09, 2014, 08:27:57 AM
Date Registerd:March 09, 2010, 10:22:27 PM

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »

It seems to me that this has nothing to do with a new development in Chatham County.  On one side, we have the power brokers of Chatham/Pittsbor that want to keep their power.  They don't want a bunch of "outsiders" coming into Pittsboro upsetting their apple cart.  They don't want 20-30 thousand people not voting for the "right" people. 

On the other side, we have a group that wants to upset the apple cart and dethrone the current power brokers, and become the new power brokers. 

For me, I see Pittsboro and Chatham as a business.  The more customers (tax payers) the more profit the company makes.  The more profit a company makes, the more employees they can hire and the more they can expand their products.  These people need to live somewhere.  Why give that revenue to Wake, Durham, or Orange counties?

Why not allow this new development to become a new town within Chatham?  They can have their own government.  Raise their own taxes and spend their own money.  Problem is that Pittsboro will no longer be the power within Chatham.  Opps, there we go with the power again.

Just my two cents worth.
chickham

Last Login:August 12, 2014, 08:34:53 PM
Date Registerd:March 30, 2012, 09:20:03 AM

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »

In my opinion Chatham Park should be allowed to come in, but only be about 5 fold to every ten years. This way better planning and developing can be achieved without the whole 20 loads of disaster piled up. We may regret this decision later. By the way have you ever seen how Burlington is now? Residential and business mixed together without careful long term thought, how ugly is that!!! Oh and one more thing. If new buildings are to come in to be built. Developers should have them designed to look like they are a part of downtown Pittsboro.  Modern and Antique clash together. Keep Pittsboro a Tourist town, not like any other towns that give in to progress to quickly,
June

How many tourists come to Pittsboro? If I am a tourist, I prefer to visit Chapel Hill, UNC, Duke, Raleigh, and my last choice is not Pittsboro. Sorry.
Grumble69
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 09:39:30 PM »

Why not allow this new development to become a new town within Chatham?  They can have their own government.  Raise their own taxes and spend their own money. 

The problem is that a good chunk of their property is nested within Pittsboro. 

Personally I wish they were elsewhere in the county.  Either further north up 15-501 or to the east on 64.  Then all the folks that want that lifestyle could move to the new city.  And those of us that want Pittsboro to stay the way it is, can have it.  It's not like there would be Great Wall around the new city.  Money still would be spent within the county.  There would be job opportunities within the county (closer than driving to RTP). 

In fact, I'd wager that Pittsboro would still grow even with a larger neighbor nearby.  Not everyone likes living in an urban setting right where you work.  There are a lot of folks in Pittsboro like this--live here; work elsewhere.  I imagine there would be a fair number who might move to Pittsboro (or surrounding countryside) to enjoy the rural life with a little bit of land while having a short commute to RTP 2.0.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:59:07 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 09:29:04 PM

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 09:44:08 PM »

Big problem with the town being East of Pittsboro, it is the Jordan Lake. Wilsonville is almost Apex and Cary is over there too.

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  - Adolf Hitler
zorro
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 07:24:05 AM
Date Registerd:June 09, 2007, 09:29:22 PM

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 09:48:40 PM »

Guess you all missed out on the golden opportunity to buy out all the land from the Wade Barber family before Preston Development did.

I defend the people of the land against tyrannical governors and other villains and bumbling authorities.
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: