Chatham County Online BBS
December 20, 2014, 11:30:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read what Chatham County bloggers are saying at the Blog Aggregator

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 First Fence Build  (Read 614 times)
frogofthecreek

Last Login:March 13, 2014, 01:40:36 PM
Date Registerd:February 28, 2007, 04:33:33 PM

« on: January 03, 2014, 09:58:45 AM »

Happy New Year Chatlist Crew! We hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year! This past year we have released 37 dogs off their chains into fenced in areas, many more spayed and neutered since we include all animals in the households to qualify which includes indoors. . And even though we are not in the business,  we have also found homes and rescues for several puppies and dogs that DOC came across during outreaches, all of which are doing well. We would like to say Thank you to the everyone involved in saving those pups.

A special Thanks to Chatham County Animal Shelter and staff, C.A.R.E. and their fosters, ASPCA, and Guardian of Angels for all your support this past year working collaboratively with DOC when needed.

Thank you to all of our committed fence builders, donators and sponsors! Also a very special Thanks to our very special volunteers who go above and beyond what is needed for these DOC dogs. We have several volunteers that took time out of their schedules to make special trips to visit dogs in emergencies, take down fences, relocate them, bring other dogs food when needed, just do welfare checks on others, transport and foster when needed.  One volunteer and her husband even made up Christmas Packages for all of the 2013 dogs and delivered them personally to each household with bales of wheat straw for each individual dog.

We plan to make this year just as productive as this past year and hope you will continue along for the ride.    Now it's time to kick off DOC's first fence build of 2014 with Rambo in Siler City. It will be a single dog panel fence and we would love it if you can come, just email or call to let us know and get the details. 919-624-1963

Rambo

Siler City, NC 27344

Date: Sunday, January 12, 2014

Time: 10:00am
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:01:01 AM by frogofthecreek, Reason: mispelled » Logged
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 07:14:38 AM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:06:24 AM »

It must be nice to get a free fence, I am in the process of building my own because I am a responsible pet owner. It is costing me a bunch of money that I am having to finance and I am doing my own labor but hey, they are my dogs and I have to do what I have to do.

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  - Adolf Hitler
frogofthecreek

Last Login:March 13, 2014, 01:40:36 PM
Date Registerd:February 28, 2007, 04:33:33 PM

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:16:51 AM »

That's awesome. We spent a lot of money we didn't have also on our own fence for our own dogs also. My husband and I also did our own labor. It felt good afterwards knowing we saved and put the money in time in doing so for our pets. It is all worth it.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 07:14:38 AM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:55:36 AM »

That's awesome. We spent a lot of money we didn't have also on our own fence for our own dogs also. My husband and I also did our own labor. It felt good afterwards knowing we saved and put the money in time in doing so for our pets. It is all worth it.

Well than don't you think other dog owners need to take responsibility for their own pets? If they cannot afford the animal or are unable to care for one maybe they don't need to have pets.

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  - Adolf Hitler
tack4sale
Chathameister

Last Login:December 14, 2014, 09:44:12 PM
Date Registerd:February 18, 2006, 11:10:30 PM

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »

I agree with Silk Hope here. I have to rebuild my fence for my dog yard. Some have learned to jump/climb out. I hate keeping those closed up in the chain link kennel away from the house. So, now I guess I'll have to redo the yard itself with 6' stockade, which is all I can figure they won't be able to climb. Want to finance that for me, we'll do the labor?? And I still say each case needs to be taken on its own merit, not just a blanket No Tethering for all.

www.HiddenPondFarmNC.com Performance-bred Quarterhorses with color! Saddles & tack for sale.

Look for    HiddenPond Quarterhorses   on FaceBook
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: