Chatham County Online BBS
July 22, 2014, 01:40:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Pittsboro Journal portal at Pittsboro Journal

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Northwood Band Mattress Sale  (Read 4431 times)
JBBootie

Last Login:June 30, 2014, 08:03:47 AM
Date Registerd:March 07, 2013, 11:41:29 AM

« on: September 06, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »

Saturday, September 14, between 10am-5pm the Band program here at Northwood High School will be hosting a Mattress Sale Fundraiser! 

These are all quality name brand mattresses, such as Restonic and Southerland, with all sizes available. 

Savings range from 30-60% off retail prices. 

Need a mattress or know someone who does? Stop by the band room on Saturday the 14th and get a great deal!  All proceeds from the sale directly support the band programs here at Northwood High School!! 

Ask any band student for a $50 off coupon or contact Vanessa Kennedy at aliasidk@gmail.com
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 09:57:48 AM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 10:20:58 AM

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 10:35:13 PM »

Few things are more frustrating than shopping for a mattress.  The games the manufacturers play with model names, warranty terms, feature terminology is absolutely mind boggling.   Not to mentioned the "Retail Price Shuffle"

Now we can buy one out of a truck for a band fundraiser?

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
JBBootie

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:47:23 AM »

That is exactly what I thought when we were first approached about this fundraiser.

This will be the second time that the band has held this sale. It does not involve picking a mattress from a truck fortunately. For one day, the band room will be turned into a mattress showroom where people can test mattresses and talk to knowledgeable mattress salespeople.

The experience is like going to a mattress store to buy a mattress, except the mattresses really are discounted.

We have a number of parents who purchased mattresses last time we held this sale that were completely satisfied. Once the sale is over, those who have purchased mattresses have contact information for the company in the event that they have questions or a problem.

This was a successful sale with happy customers the first time we held it. Otherwise we would not be holding one again.

Real mattress discounts are possible because this company does not spend the money to maintain fixed showrooms and the fact that the bulk of their advertising is handled by the local group they are selling for. There will be no high pressure sales. Salespeople are paid for working, not on commission.

If you are in the market for a mattress, stop by and take a look. We believe you will find name brand mattresses at a great price and receive great customer service. A slightly unconventional showroom, however the sales seriously help a local group of kids.
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 09:57:48 AM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 10:20:58 AM

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:10:54 PM »

Thanks!  Excellent response and info JB Bootie.   I hope it goes well!

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
murph
Chathamite

Last Login:June 17, 2014, 11:44:07 AM
Date Registerd:August 27, 2008, 11:21:39 PM

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:33:14 PM »

Everett, you got the spelling of John's name just right.  If you ever see him in person, however, please remember that it is pronounced Boo-TAY.   As I recall, he can get a little sensitive about that.  :-)

Oh, and I second wishing the Northwood Band Program a successful mattress sale!

-murph

Thanks!  Excellent response and info JB Bootie.   I hope it goes well!

Straight 8s ROCK-A-BILLY:  http://www.straight8s.com
Gene Galin
Administrator
Chathamohican

Last Login:July 17, 2014, 10:44:52 PM
Date Registerd:February 06, 2006, 02:00:00 AM

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »

Just remember to keep at least one foot on the floor.  Wink

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”

madean

Last Login:September 10, 2013, 08:04:58 AM
Date Registerd:September 09, 2013, 12:31:45 PM

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 08:04:58 AM »

Our family happened to be in the market to replace the mattresses for our sons beds that we had for 16 years.  I was past time and we were expanding to the x-long twin.  Not something easy to find or get delivered quicly.  This fundraiser came at an opportune time and we decided to check it out.  Prices were comparable and even cheaper that the local mattress stores.  It was easy to purchase and we scheduled delivery within a week.  My children have loved these mattresses in comparison to their old ones and we were more than satisifed with what we received.

When you think about it, the mass markets have been very largly advertising to change your mattresses, why not consider helping out one of the best school programs Chatham County has.
JBBootie

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 10:19:58 AM »

Thank you Everett and Murph for the well wishes.

A special thank you to Murph for knowing how to pronounce my name. It is a rare person indeed who knows how to say it right. You made my day.  Smiley
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: