This Thursday July 18 we will hold a Chatham Conservation Partnership meeting from 9:00 am-noon in the Agriculture Building Auditorium. The topic will be Chatham Park, the proposed new 7,000 acre development in Pittsboro.
- Welcome and Introductions
- What is Chatham Park? Overview of Preston Development’s proposed project
- Chatham Park Project History and Timeline, including the Town of Pittsboro Review Process
- Highlights of the Proposed Chatham Park Master Plan Application and Maps
- A look at the Chatham Comprehensive Conservation Plan relative to the Chatham Park Proposal - a zoomed-in look at data and maps for the project area
- Triangle Land Conservancy’s Southwest Shore Conservation Assessment - revisiting a 2008 effort to plan for the conservation values of the Preston Development property (i.e., Chatham Park) along the southwestern shore of Jordan Lake
- Natural Resource Protection in the Town of Pittsboro - NC Wildlife Resources Commission’s review of Pittsboro’s ordinances and applications to Chatham Park; information on new REDESIGN grant
- CCP updates and announcements from members
For more information about the Chatham Conservation Partnership go tohttp://chathamconservation.wikispaces.com/
Hope to see you there!