Chatham County Online BBS
September 02, 2014, 02:42:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Before you go out to eat check out the Local Restaurant Reviews

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chatham County Vegetarians  (Read 2299 times)
whatsup
Chathamohican

Last Login:August 08, 2014, 12:46:10 AM
Date Registerd:March 02, 2006, 01:56:39 AM

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 12:37:45 PM »

We could solve several problems if we weren't so culturally biased.

Let's "unchain the dogs" and let the people who eat tasty animals serve up some dog meat for lunch and dinner.  angel

If your main goal is to show that your heart is in the right place, then your heart is not in the right place. - philosopher David Schmidtz
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:30:00 AM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 05:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »

Let's "unchain the dogs" and let the people who eat tasty animals serve up some dog meat for lunch and dinner.  angel

Culturally biased?  Tell me that was tongue in cheek?

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 04:17:35 PM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 05:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »

I'm sure the vegan food nazis exist, but of the many vegetarians I know, I've never encountered an attitude other than live and let live.  As far as Mary's party goes, it is quite astounding that she would expect the hosts to go against their principles and cook meat.  After all, it is only one meal.  If a guest can't tolerate one meal without meat, don't go to the party.   Would she be so annoyed if she went to a Jewish seder and they didn't serve pork?  Or to the home of a celiac sufferer who didn't serve gluten?  Or a Catholic of yor who only had fish at a Friday dinner?

My son (now 40) became a vegetarian in high school, but he doesn't care what others eat... only what he puts into his own mouth.  He has even worked in restaurants and cooked meat there.  I am in several groups where there are vegetarians, or have medical restrictions.  Throughout the world thousands of delicious recipes are available that do not contain meat, or other specific ingredients that some folks do not eat.  Our group members always bring something delicious that every member can eat.  Our meals are very varied and good tasting.  And the vegetarians I know who are at parties or restaurants or wider groups than our small group, eat what they can and don't give a hoot what others eat.

And thanks to my son being vegetarian from so long ago, I eat a lot less meat, too.  Mainly just chicken.  And I'm quite a healthy old gal.  However I get other meats for my dog.  People gotta lighten up.... on both sides.

It was nothing they cooked. It was at a swanky restaurant and they closed a room and provided all the food. Most people had no idea they were vegetarians and many, myself included, felt they could hav stated "vegetarian fare only" on the invite to prepare people. They disguised what looked like meat dishes such as hamburger sliders but they were black bean sliders and very nasty. Most people threw them away. If you have a crowd of around 100 it would be polite to offer a variety.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 12:17:52 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 01:53:20 PM

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »

You mean to tell me that you've never eaten dog meat?

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:August 31, 2014, 01:00:48 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 10:27:19 PM

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 01:40:57 PM »

You mean to tell me that you've never eaten dog meat?

No....I guess I'm not that....presidential  Shocked

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
witler

Last Login:May 02, 2014, 06:56:19 AM
Date Registerd:July 22, 2011, 06:22:56 PM

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »

If God didn't intend for us to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat!
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 11:24:15 PM
Date Registerd:February 21, 2006, 12:25:33 AM

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »

Shame on all, y'all!!  I LOVE vegetarians.....in fact, I eat them several times a day.

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest <> of freedom, go <>in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. <>may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-- Samuel Adams 1776
Kira
Chathamite

Last Login:March 03, 2014, 03:57:09 PM
Date Registerd:June 09, 2008, 10:20:41 AM

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »

Axio wrote:   kira - I don't believe you.

Just curious; what part of my post didn't you believe?
whatsup
Chathamohican

Last Login:August 08, 2014, 12:46:10 AM
Date Registerd:March 02, 2006, 01:56:39 AM

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 03:18:03 PM »

Vegan Sellout List

OMG. Here's a website where vegans "out" ex-vegans and send hate mail. You can't make this sh*t up.
— divadoll123 (@divadoll123)

http://www.exvegans.com/

Our Mission.

If you’re no longer vegan, you’re going on the list.

The spirits of the billions murdered have risen to deliver: The Vegan Sellout List – an online directory of those who have regressed from moral consistency to moral depravity.

The Vegan Sellout List is our answer to the epidemic of vegan sellouts – those who are aware of the suffering caused by meat, dairy, egg, fur, and leather production, yet choose to look away while the animals suffer.

Selling out veganism is a trend on the upswing, bringing with it swarms of haughty, nose-turning carnists uttering nonsensical buzzwords re: veganism being “privileged”, or “trendy”, critiquing themselves into ethical degeneracy and paleo-terrorism.

To those who have regressed from veganism, yet display symptoms of a soul not fully blackened to it’s core, we ask you to remind yourself why you were what you were:

Meet Your Meat

And if that fails to stir your conscience, we ask that you go here and follow the directions closely.

What is this?

The Vegan Sellout List is 100% user-submitted. Click the “Submit” tab, enter all known information for an ex-vegan, and submit the entry. We will review and post all entries deemed to have merit.

The guidelines.

Please don’t double post names. If you don’t know if a name is listed already, look it up. Please do not post names that fall under the following categories:
 •Was never vegan
 •Pretended to be vegan
 •“Was vegan for 3 days then sold out.”
 •SOMEONE WHO IS STILL VEGAN.

If the person has a vegan/activist project they can be identified with (band, book, activist history, etc), or other notable associations, please mention.

If the person was a vocal vegan who has moved post-selling out, please list the location the person was commonly acknowledged to be vegan in.

Please only enter relevant material in the description box. Focus on FACTS, not opinions or rumors.

If you have questions, or noticed a mistake with your post, please submit feedback to the list.

If your main goal is to show that your heart is in the right place, then your heart is not in the right place. - philosopher David Schmidtz
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:30:00 AM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 05:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 03:37:40 PM »

"Carnists"?  "Regressed"?  Ya know, whoever's website that is -- and I notice he/she didn't provide *that* name -- is NUTZ, but this ....

"The spirits of the billions murdered ... "

.... is the best of lunacy considering the reference is not to the aborted.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:August 31, 2014, 01:00:48 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 10:27:19 PM

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »

Axio wrote:   kira - I don't believe you.

Just curious; what part of my post didn't you believe?

I don't believe you when you say, of the many vegetarians I know, I've never encountered an attitude other than live and let live. I believe you say that just to be disputatious and contrarian.

No one here is saying that all vegetarians are alike but I am saying that I've never known one that kept their vegetarianism to themselves. No one is saying that they are not entitled to eat what they want or need to conform to an arbitrary standard. From the comments here I would say that most people who have met vegetarians have encountered a similar experience - someone who can't resist making value judgments about what others consume.

Or maybe you just don't get out much...

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Kira
Chathamite

Last Login:March 03, 2014, 03:57:09 PM
Date Registerd:June 09, 2008, 10:20:41 AM

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »

Well, you omitted the beginning of that sentence that said "I'm sure the food nazis exist".  I guess I just don't get out much, like you said, because I was honest in saying, of the vegetarians I KNOW, there is a philosophy of live and let live.
UNC70
Chathameister

Last Login:July 02, 2013, 04:19:29 PM
Date Registerd:June 23, 2009, 10:07:24 PM

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »

Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food.

You should live an let live.  People should be allowed to eat what they want to eat without someone like you denigrating them.  Did it ever occur to you than some people are not vegetarians due to choice?  Thanks to the ticks, there are more and more vegetarians whether they want to be or not.

"Democrats work to help people who need help. That other party, they work for people who don't need help.  That's all there is to it."
Harry S. Truman
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 04:17:35 PM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 05:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »

Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food.

You should live an let live.  People should be allowed to eat what they want to eat without someone like you denigrating them.  Did it ever occur to you than some people are not vegetarians due to choice?  Thanks to the ticks, there are more and more vegetarians whether they want to be or not.

That goes both ways. I have been denigrated by vegetarians for eating meat. They need to stop it and when they do meat eaters will.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: