Chatham County Online BBS
April 23, 2014, 06:29:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read what Chatham County bloggers are saying at the Blog Aggregator

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IRS finally admits it has been targeting groups because they are conservative!  (Read 3480 times)
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 05:01:33 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 01:53:20 PM

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »

Hmmm......not sure why they were asking, but I got a call from someone at the IRS asking how long my company (a large telephone company that provides Internet access over DSL) retains subscriber connection information.  We do that for troubleshooting reasons and law enforcement support reasons.

The only legitimate reason I can come up with why the IRS would want this info is if someone filed a fraudulent tax return, perhaps as an identity theft issue.

We need a subpoena or warrant to release that information to anyone outside the company.  They don't get the info just demanding it.

They sure hope that the mention of their name will bring you too you're knees,but they need to follow the law as we all do.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 10:57:45 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 11:12:40 AM

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »

<<<<<<<< CRICKETS >>>>>>>>>>

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:46:38 PM by Pi » Logged

"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch"
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2013, 02:57:35 PM »

In case anyone is confused, this is something that was also orchestrated from Washington.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/17/irs-officials-washington-ordered-special-scrutiny-/

Can't blame this on a few rogues. 

1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 05:48:30 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 05:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »

More than two years after her upstart Senate campaign rocked the Delaware political world, Christine O'Donnell got an unexpected contact from a U.S. Treasury Department agent warning that her private tax records may have been breached.

... “Ms. O'Donnell, this is Dennis Martel, special agent with the U.S. Department of Treasury in Baltimore, Md. … We received information that your personal federal tax info may have been compromised and may have been misused by an individual,” he said in the January message left on her cellphone.

For Ms. O'Donnell, the message immediately raised red flags.

On March 9, 2010, the day she revealed her plan to run for the Senate in a press release, a tax lien was placed on a house purported to be hers and publicized. The problem was she no longer owned the house. The IRS eventually blamed the lien on a computer glitch and withdrew it.

Now Mr. Martel, a criminal investigator for the Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration, was telling her that an official in Delaware state government had improperly accessed her records on that very same day.

Beyond that, Ms. O'Donnell and Senate investigators who have tried to help her have run into a wall of silence, leaving more questions than answers about whether abuses of the IRS system extend to private individuals and not just the tax-exempt groups already identified as victims.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2013, 12:18:11 AM »

That self righteous sack, NC Yippie, has still not participated in this thread.  By his rationale, I guess that means he approves of such behavior on the part of the government.  Goodness knows that if Obama ran for a third team he'd be first in line to vote for him.  Again.

NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 08:59:48 AM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 04:52:41 PM

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »

I've already commented on this issue, so take your drama back home. You are becoming a parody of yourself.
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2013, 11:10:16 AM »

I've already commented on this issue, so take your drama back home. You are becoming a parody of yourself.

That doesn't cut it.  You're dodging the issue.  It is quite simple really.  If Obama were able to run again, would you vote for him again?  It's a simple question.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:18:33 AM by Pi » Logged

NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »

Nobody here has to live up to your little drama cues. This is a thread about the IRS and I have to answer some random question from you? It would depend on who he was running against.

Take your pathetic drama-baiting back to your home where it belongs.
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2013, 03:35:39 PM »

Nobody here has to live up to your little drama cues. This is a thread about the IRS and I have to answer some random question from you? It would depend on who he was running against.

Take your pathetic drama-baiting back to your home where it belongs.

You won't talk about the IRS either.  You won't talk about Obama's possible culpability.  You'd vote for him again, because you don't have a big problem with it. 

NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2013, 04:00:02 PM »

Why would anyone want to talk to you when you are like this man?
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2013, 04:00:54 PM »

Why would anyone want to talk to you when you are like this man?

Because when I'm nice you ignore me even more.  What do you want, chocolate and flowers?  Man up.

NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »

Mr. Keyboard Cowboy, what a bad a**.  Roll Eyes
Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »

Mr. Keyboard Cowboy, what a bad a**.  Roll Eyes

So to clarify, after all the things Obama has done, you would still consider voting for him.  True or false?

Pi
Chathamohican

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »

http://nationalreview.com/corner/354801/e-mails-suggest-collusion-between-fec-irs-target-conservative-groups-eliana-johnson

Embattled Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner and an attorney in the Federal Election Commission’s general counsel’s office appear to have twice colluded to influence the record before the FEC’s vote in the case of a conservative non-profit organization, according to e-mails unearthed by the House Ways and Means Committee and obtained exclusively by National Review Online. The correspondence suggests the discrimination of conservative groups extended beyond the IRS and into the FEC, where an attorney from the agency’s enforcement division in at least one case sought and received tax information about the status of a conservative group, the American Future Fund, before recommending that the commission prosecute it for violations of campaign-finance law. Lerner, the former head of the IRS’s exempt-organizations division, worked at the FEC from 1986 to 1995, and was known for aggressive investigation of conservative groups during her tenure there, too.

“Several months ago . . . I spoke with you about the American Future Fund, a 501(c)(4) organization that had submitted an exemption application the IRS [sic],” the FEC attorney wrote Lerner in February 2009. The FEC, which polices violations of campaign-finance laws, is not exempted under Rule 6103, which prohibits the IRS from sharing confidential taxpayer information, but the e-mail indicates Lerner may have provided that information nonetheless: “When we spoke last July, you had told us that the American Future Fund had not received an exemption letter from the IRS,” the FEC attorney wrote.

The timing of the correspondence between Lerner and the FEC suggests the FEC attorney sought information from the IRS in order to influence an upcoming vote by the six FEC commissioners. The FEC received a complaint in March 2008 from the Minnesota Democratic Farmer Labor Party alleging that the American Future Fund had violated campaign-finance law by engaging in political advocacy without registering as a political-action committee. The American Future Fund responded to that complaint in June 2008, telling the commission that it had applied for tax exemption in March of that year and was a “501(c)(4) social-welfare organization that was organized to provide Americans with a conservative and free-market viewpoint and mechanism to communicate and advocate on the issues that most interest and concern them.” According to the e-mail correspondence, a month after receiving the American Future Fund’s response, the FEC general counsel’s office — which is prohibited under law from conducting an investigation into an organization before the FEC’s six commissioners have voted to do so — contacted Lerner to investigate the agency’s tax-exempt status.

The Obama Administration is wonderful.  I mean, who wouldn't want this kind of leadership in place?  Let's all vote for him a third time.  "Yes, we can".

John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 05:01:33 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 01:53:20 PM

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »

Where's the special prossecutor and offer only reduced jail time if they talk if they fight it's off the table. I blame the repubs for that not happening.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
Tags: Democratic  corruption  Abuse of power  IRS  Obama  politics  enemies list 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: