Chatham County Online BBS
April 17, 2014, 05:59:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Before you go out to eat check out the Local Restaurant Reviews

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new pizza place on 15-501 in Pittsboro?  (Read 9708 times)
chatterbox
Chathamite

Last Login:April 04, 2014, 11:19:27 AM
Date Registerd:September 25, 2007, 01:26:31 PM

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 08:33:28 PM »

In 1991, "The Original NY Pizza" opened on N. Harrison Ave in Cary (basically across the street from SAS
Institute).  We have been eating their pizza for 20+ years, and each time it's like being teleported across
space and time back to any number of favorite pizza joints from my youth.  Have I had better elsewhere?  Yes.
Have there been other local pizza places that come close?  Absolutely.  But for a restaurant to stay consistent
for such a long period of time, they have earned a special place in my pizza place rotation.  Other options...

NY pizza now has 5 locations and has been rated "Best Pizza" in the Triangle a few times. I used to work for Nick and Mario they make pretty good NY pizza for Jersey guys!! I have been eating there for 20 years.

Being from the home of Pepe's pizza I've had my fair share of great pizza. There are some good ones if you look around. Maybe not all like "Italian" like Lillies' in Raleigh. Not even close to an Italian Pie but an awesome pizza.
If your ever out in the Varina area of Fuquay I would suggest going to J&S the owners are straight from Sicily. Daniels in Apex isn't too bad either as he and his wife are from Ct area. I especially recommend Daniels for his pasta dishes....doesn't get any better than that!
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 14, 2014, 01:19:22 AM
Date Registerd:February 21, 2006, 12:25:33 AM

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 12:13:59 AM »

Okay, I are there. I won't be back, I think. It is  not horrible. But it was crowded. They did not have time to serve and produce a good pizza.  My instinct says they can do better, but there were SO busy they could not do adequate. They TRIED. I give them that. They lost our order. And they gave us free foutiain drinks while they started over. They have no concept of what my time is worth, clearly.  They have a beautiful story.

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest <> of freedom, go <>in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. <>may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-- Samuel Adams 1776
Muddylaces
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 01:59:57 PM
Date Registerd:December 26, 2007, 10:46:35 AM

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 09:09:53 AM »

Okay, I are there. I won't be back, I think. It is  not horrible. But it was crowded. They did not have time to serve and produce a good pizza.  My instinct says they can do better, but there were SO busy they could not do adequate. They TRIED. I give them that. They lost our order. And they gave us free foutiain drinks while they started over. They have no concept of what my time is worth, clearly.  They have a beautiful story.

Yeah, I think hey do have some growing pains to overcome.   I mentioned English as a second language before.  The counter worker when I was there talked very quietly and didn't make real good eye contact.   After 10 minutes they gave a cheese slice.   I said ordered a large cheese.   They got me the correct pizza quickly.  I think their counter help will get better with time.   

I'm willing to look the other way on some issues because they make the best pizza in the area IMO.

Cavegirl

Last Login:April 15, 2014, 10:03:41 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 11:32:23 AM

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »

I will agree that they are disorganized and have zero concept of time.
I ordered by phone and was told 15-20 minutes. I arrived more than 20 minutes later, then proceeded to stand around waiting for another 15+ minutes for our garlic knots to cook, while our pizzas sat on top of the oven, getting old. That wouldn't have been so bad, but the crust on one of the pizzas was covered in tiny dough balls and globs of flour, and tasted awful. There is SO much potential in their pizza, if they can just get their cr*p together.
treein dixie

Last Login:January 11, 2014, 06:08:29 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2013, 11:09:13 AM

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2013, 09:25:38 PM »

I ate there last night and have ate there several times.  I must say they have the best food in Pittsboro and the best service.  Hope it stays forever can't nock them.
Ellencostilio

Last Login:February 15, 2014, 11:47:48 AM
Date Registerd:February 13, 2014, 01:18:04 PM

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 10:30:14 PM »

Ok here is the deal with John's Pizza.   Real good pizza.   I haven't tried the other food yet.   The place seems to be kept real clean.  But they have some issues..  

1.  Marketing.   They named the place John's Pizza.   You can not to a web search for John's Pizza in Pittsboro without getting pages of Papa John's  So how do you call in your order?   Does 411 even exist anymore?   So here is their number:

STILL PREFER Elizabeth's pizza Any time!!!!

2.  English is a second language for these people.  And I worry their searching for the correct words may come off as unprofessional.   (Don't let this stop you from eating here...the pizza is worth it)

I'm going to try to get a menu and upload it for them.   I hope they make it because this is the best pizza I've had west of Carolina Beach.

closed sunday

Well informed.
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: