Chatham County Online BBS
November 01, 2014, 09:50:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the best Chatlist posts at Chatham Chatlist Highlights

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new pizza place on 15-501 in Pittsboro?  (Read 11712 times)
Morand.Massage

Last Login:June 12, 2013, 09:23:59 PM
Date Registerd:October 09, 2010, 06:13:38 PM

« on: February 08, 2013, 09:03:28 PM »

Today, for the first time in a long time, I drove south on 15-501 past the circle and saw (in the red building on the right across from Court house - where Diana's Tex-Mex restaraunt used to be) GRAND OPENING for a pizza place. It was dark, I was surprised to see it, kids in the car making noise, car in front of me put on their brakes etc., but I could not read the name of the place clearly. However, lights were on, people were walking out of the door, parking lot full...

I have looked through the BB and read every day's Chatham Chatlist and have found only one mention of it regarind "joe or john's pizza", but no one replied any information that pertains to this restaurant. Does anyone know what it is? Website? Tried it? Menu? Hours?

I think one of the main reasons some of these small mom'n'pop restaurants fail is because they don't do simple/basic advertising for free in their local community, like this resource. I'd love to know more about it - my son and I went on a mother-son-dinner-date and he had me drive all the way to Apex for Johnny's Pizza (since Bella Donna's isn't opened yet) - if I knew this new pizza joint existed we would have definitely stopped there to check it out.
AnnaS

Last Login:February 08, 2013, 11:28:39 PM
Date Registerd:October 24, 2011, 08:58:10 PM

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »

Johns Pizza.  My husband & I got a pie from there last night and it was good, I would recommend it.  The menu is traditional Italian Food & Pizza.  Calzones, stromboli, pizza, parmigiana dishes, salads, etc. 
Muddylaces
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 08:34:41 AM
Date Registerd:December 26, 2007, 10:46:35 AM

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:51:41 PM »

Today, for the first time in a long time, I drove south on 15-501 past the circle and saw (in the red building on the right across from Court house - where Diana's Tex-Mex restaraunt used to be) GRAND OPENING for a pizza place. It was dark, I was surprised to see it, kids in the car making noise, car in front of me put on their brakes etc., but I could not read the name of the place clearly. However, lights were on, people were walking out of the door, parking lot full...

I have looked through the BB and read every day's Chatham Chatlist and have found only one mention of it regarind "joe or john's pizza", but no one replied any information that pertains to this restaurant. Does anyone know what it is? Website? Tried it? Menu? Hours?

I think one of the main reasons some of these small mom'n'pop restaurants fail is because they don't do simple/basic advertising for free in their local community, like this resource. I'd love to know more about it - my son and I went on a mother-son-dinner-date and he had me drive all the way to Apex for Johnny's Pizza (since Bella Donna's isn't opened yet) - if I knew this new pizza joint existed we would have definitely stopped there to check it out.

I reviewed it last night in the best pizza thread.

You don't change kayaks in the middle of the Haw. Return Bock-Stewart-Petty
Hardy Boy

Last Login:February 10, 2013, 09:19:07 AM
Date Registerd:September 03, 2007, 07:31:56 AM

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:58 AM »

If someone has a menu, or a link to one, I would appreciate it! It will go into my cache of "Dad saves the day by bringing dinner home" stops.
Muddylaces
Chathamohican

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:52:47 PM »

Ok here is the deal with John's Pizza.   Real good pizza.   I haven't tried the other food yet.   The place seems to be kept real clean.  But they have some issues..  

1.  Marketing.   They named the place John's Pizza.   You can not to a web search for John's Pizza in Pittsboro without getting pages of Papa John's  So how do you call in your order?   Does 411 even exist anymore?   So here is their number:

(919) 542-5027

2.  English is a second language for these people.  And I worry their searching for the correct words may come off as unprofessional.   (Don't let this stop you from eating here...the pizza is worth it)

I'm going to try to get a menu and upload it for them.   I hope they make it because this is the best pizza I've had west of Carolina Beach.

closed sunday
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:12:58 PM by Muddylaces » Logged

Donnie Springfield
Chathameister

Last Login:Yesterday at 09:34:32 PM
Date Registerd:September 26, 2007, 04:34:55 PM

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:06:05 AM »

I ate dinner there with my family on Saturday. The kid was ravenous after an eight mile hike at Raven Rock with her Venturing Crew, so I figured this would hit the spot. Daughter and I split a pepperoni pizza, wife had a ham and pepperoni stromboli and we all started out with the small garden salad. The pizza was fantastic; thin crust with just enough crispness to keep it from being floppy. Real pepperoni, not the porkless variety they serve at Elizabeth's. Service was quick and our server was attentive. Salads were fresh and neatly presented, though the dressings were nothing special. The sweet tea was properly made.

The atmosphere was a bit strange. The building definitely has some age, but it is well kept. The space has yet to develop much character, but if the quirky choice of stadium photos for wall art is any indicator, it'll be entertaining to see where they go with it. The way it looks and feels now, John's Pizza is a great spot for a reasonably priced lunch or a family meal, but don't take your date there for a romantic dinner.

One more thing, and I'll say this as plainly as possible for those who are concerned about a potential language barrier. Our server was a middle-aged white lady. English is her first language. The kids who rang us up after the meal were hispanic, but spoke English just as well as I do. Language shouldn't be a concern, so don't let that stop you from having a great pizza.
Muddylaces
Chathamohican

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »

These are links to John's Pizza's menu on my google drive.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-MunaK4VUhKQ21RcDVFOHJoTms/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-MunaK4VUhKR2RiMUN4NWV4VE0/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-MunaK4VUhKWDR5dDJsZDZKUU0/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-MunaK4VUhKcTVSdGRRTFZCcUU/edit?usp=sharing

Again they aren't to good with marketing....No address on the menu.   They are located across from the new courthouse in PBO
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:33:56 PM by Muddylaces » Logged

Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 02:04:21 PM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 10:20:58 AM

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:12:07 PM »

I'm going to try to get a menu and upload it for them.   I hope they make it because this is the best pizza I've had west of Carolina Beach.

OK, I'll bite.....going over/down to Carolina Beach in about two weeks.....where is the best there?

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
Muddylaces
Chathamohican

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:14:30 PM »

michaelangelo's pizza in front of the Marriott.  I had a hard time remembering the name.  CB makes me think of Brits.

Chill
Chathamite

Last Login:Today at 09:47:12 AM
Date Registerd:August 27, 2008, 10:22:01 AM

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 12:17:47 AM »

An Italian place that serves burgers, hot dogs and gyros.  Makes me feel a little skeptical. 
chatterbox
Chathamite

Last Login:October 22, 2014, 12:48:32 PM
Date Registerd:September 25, 2007, 01:26:31 PM

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »

We got lunch from Johns yesterday. The subs and stromboli were good. Not any different than Elizabeths. They had some glitches at the checkout counter and they forgot to add the chips that were supposed to go with the meal. Not a big deal and would order take out from them again.
Muddylaces
Chathamohican

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 09:00:20 AM »

An Italian place that serves burgers, hot dogs and gyros.  Makes me feel a little skeptical. 
Yeah they have an Italian flag on their menu, but calling the place Italian is a stretch.   All I'm saying is it is the best New York Style Pizza in the Triangle area.

Cavegirl

Last Login:June 03, 2014, 10:04:19 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 11:32:23 AM

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 10:38:30 PM »

Yeah they have an Italian flag on their menu, but calling the place Italian is a stretch.   All I'm saying is it is the best New York Style Pizza in the Triangle area.

Hmm... Have you tried Randy's? That's long been the best NY Style in the Triangle, by most accounts of those who have tried it, and I'd love to know how it compares.

Muddylaces
Chathamohican

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »

Hmm... Have you tried Randy's? That's long been the best NY Style in the Triangle, by most accounts of those who have tried it, and I'd love to know how it compares.

I have it for lunch too regularly.   Randy's is good.   John's is better.   Better tasting cheese, better crust consistency. 

chathamfan

Last Login:September 01, 2014, 11:59:12 AM
Date Registerd:July 26, 2008, 11:38:40 AM

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 12:35:24 PM »

Loved the pizza!!  Will definitely be making this our regular pizza place

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: