Chatham County Online BBS
November 26, 2014, 04:10:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: View 1000s of full-color action-filled local sports images at Chatham Photos

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Guns and Ammo this weekend in Raleigh  (Read 4289 times)
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 04:07:48 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 08:29:04 PM

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »

Agreed, laws are already there but are not being enforced. We also need to promote training, classroom instruction is available free online and actual shooting courses are inexpensive and readily available. The truth is most law enforcement officers want to see properly trained people and are more than willing to assist. However, there are law enforcement officers that only shoot once a year to qualify yet do not practice using their self defense.

They want all guns Everett, the "assault weapons" are the first step. The lefties wasnt to make people to believe that guns are like cigarettes, a public health hazard whose habit must be quit.

If we, as a country, spent half as much law enforcement effort (time, money, action etc. etc.) as we do on handing out speeding tickets and seat belt tickets,  on ENFORCING the existing gun laws and exacting penalties for violators, this discussion would not be happening.

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  - Adolf Hitler
WolfpackFan
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 13, 2014, 08:39:48 AM
Date Registerd:February 23, 2006, 04:33:05 PM

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »

I read a cop was checking a gun before allowing a patron to enter when it accidently went off.  It hit a man in the hand and a woman in the side.

Found a link: http://www.wral.com/two-people-injured-in-shooting-at-raleigh-gun-show/12000843/

It also says it was not a cop, but an offical at a safety check-in station.

The TV news last night says that no gun show official (cop,check-in person, etc.) ever touched the shotgun........and speaking of that, it was a shotgun, something not even being mentioned as an "assault" rifle, or now as snooty Nora O'Donnel (along with others) is calling them;  Weapons of Mass Destruction.   

It appears the story changed about every hour yesterday.  You have to love the "got have some kind of story right now" media.  They can add the facts later.

More today than yesterday - Mindy
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 01:54:49 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 09:27:19 PM

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »

I read a cop was checking a gun before allowing a patron to enter when it accidently went off.  It hit a man in the hand and a woman in the side.

Found a link: http://www.wral.com/two-people-injured-in-shooting-at-raleigh-gun-show/12000843/

It also says it was not a cop, but an offical at a safety check-in station.

The TV news last night says that no gun show official (cop,check-in person, etc.) ever touched the shotgun........and speaking of that, it was a shotgun, something not even being mentioned as an "assault" rifle, or now as snooty Nora O'Donnel (along with others) is calling them;  Weapons of Mass Destruction.   

Democratic Party: Weapons of Mass Destruction

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
kstraughn
Chathamite

Last Login:Today at 03:49:54 PM
Date Registerd:March 10, 2006, 02:07:41 PM

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 02:19:13 PM »

I heard from someone that was there that the officer put the zip tie on the trigger without clearing the chamber.

One EYEWITNESS says the shotgun was laying on the table, law enforcement EYEWITNESS said the gun was still in the case, gun show officials said it was being removed from it's case.

No matter which story is correct, blame goes to the weapon clearing table personnel, what IDIOT clears a weapon with it pointed close to people?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 11:40:18 AM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 09:20:58 AM

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »

I heard from someone that was there that the officer put the zip tie on the trigger without clearing the chamber.

One EYEWITNESS says the shotgun was laying on the table, law enforcement EYEWITNESS said the gun was still in the case, gun show officials said it was being removed from it's case.

No matter which story is correct, blame goes to the weapon clearing table personnel, what IDIOT clears a weapon with it pointed close to people?

I don't know.....maybe the same kind of idiot that brings a loaded shotgun to a gun show?

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

I don't know.....maybe the same kind of idiot that brings a loaded shotgun to a gun show?

Both excellent points. It grieves me to see such negligence within one of my chosen pursuits. My Pa taught me better I see it only going to further fan the flames against us.

(notice how I refrained from the "give them ammunition against us" pun? ;-)

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 21, 2014, 04:06:24 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 10:12:40 AM

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 11:24:58 PM »

Here's a scary thought for you guys:

I know a guy who used to work at a gun shop.  A customer came in and asked to see a revolver.  The gun shop employee obliged but as was his custom, kept a close eye on the customer.  The customer slipped a live round into the chamber and closed it.  He put it back on the counter and asked to see another one.  At this point, the employee (as nonchalantly as possible) had his hand on his own gun, thinking that this might have been some kind of robbery attempt.  Instead, he hit the silent alarm and allowed the guy to look at a couple other guns in an effort to keep him busy, all the while making sure no one touched the loaded revolver.  Just as the guy started to walk out the door, the police arrived and arrested him.  Turns out, the guy was an anti-gun activist.  His hope was that the next customer would come in and accidentally shoot someone, thus resulting in negative press. 

Moral of the story: Never underestimate the willingness of the opposition to hurt people to make their point.  I know for a fact that other people have been caught loading rounds in guns at gun shows in an effort to cause trouble.  I can't speak to all of their motives, but this is why it is important to keep a sharp eye and obey all safety rules.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »

Interesting Pi - and disturbing as well. I was taught firing line diligence and overall sitrep but beyond maintaining a wary eye - even at the gunshow - I must admit that there can be aspects to the underhanded antics of totally unscrupulous people that I hadn't considered.

That said, another habit I learned from my Pa was to clear a weapon - even if the guy cleared it right before handing it to me (you should see the looks I get sometimes!).

Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 11:40:18 AM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 09:20:58 AM

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 01:10:55 PM »

Here's a scary thought for you guys:

I know a guy who used to work at a gun shop.  A customer came in and asked to see a revolver.  The gun shop employee obliged but as was his custom, kept a close eye on the customer.  The customer slipped a live round into the chamber and closed it.  He put it back on the counter and asked to see another one.  At this point, the employee (as nonchalantly as possible) had his hand on his own gun, thinking that this might have been some kind of robbery attempt.  Instead, he hit the silent alarm and allowed the guy to look at a couple other guns in an effort to keep him busy, all the while making sure no one touched the loaded revolver.  Just as the guy started to walk out the door, the police arrived and arrested him.  Turns out, the guy was an anti-gun activist.  His hope was that the next customer would come in and accidentally shoot someone, thus resulting in negative press. 

Moral of the story: Never underestimate the willingness of the opposition to hurt people to make their point.  I know for a fact that other people have been caught loading rounds in guns at gun shows in an effort to cause trouble.  I can't speak to all of their motives, but this is why it is important to keep a sharp eye and obey all safety rules.

Wow....never would have come up with that.......can see the possibility of it though.....

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: