Chatham County Online BBS
April 19, 2014, 07:55:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Pittsboro Journal portal at Pittsboro Journal

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Papa Johns Needs Help  (Read 5275 times)
Country Boy
Chathamite

Last Login:April 23, 2013, 08:33:43 PM
Date Registerd:March 26, 2011, 11:01:52 AM

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »

I used to work there as a driver. Hourly rate was $4.25 and no reimbursement on gas

You might not like what i have to say, but im here to tell you i will say it. My opinion is mine and people dont like it tough

Country Born Country Bred Ill Be Country Till Im Long Dead
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 03:01:18 PM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 10:20:58 AM

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 10:14:01 AM »

I used to work there as a driver. Hourly rate was $4.25 and no reimbursement on gas

Thanks CB......I'd like to hear from the original poster regarding whether that is still the rate.....

If I was me (and I am),  I would not want to put my foot in my mouth without having all the facts!   ( although I have been known to plant it there With all the facts.....that's a fact!)

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
Country Boy
Chathamite

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 01:39:35 PM »

I had to go back there and work recently and yes that is still the rate

You might not like what i have to say, but im here to tell you i will say it. My opinion is mine and people dont like it tough

Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »

I had to go back there and work recently and yes that is still the rate

Does the delivery driver receive any of the $1.99 delivery charge added by the PBO store?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:37:31 PM by Everett McGill » Logged

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
Country Boy
Chathamite

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:27 PM »

They say $1 but when I was there the manager that took care of it was pocketing it he ain't there no more.

Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 06:39:53 PM »

They say $1 but when I was there the manager that took care of it was pocketing it he ain't there no more.

So, now the store keeps half of the delivery charge and the driver gets half?   Still working on getting all the facts before putting this great big size 12 in my mouth....

Country Boy
Chathamite

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »

Yeah but for every ones info that extra dollar don't help with small tips *cough the preserve

snowcamper
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 10:46:01 PM
Date Registerd:January 16, 2007, 01:22:51 PM

Let there be light!

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 08:08:10 PM »

I guess that I was unaware that Papa Johns was responsible for other people's health care.  I would hope that they just cooked a good pizza.  If along the way they provide a job, they've also accomplished one of the most noble things any man could do for another.  Everett seems to have forgotten the principal of private contract and that the terms of employment at John's pizza place are really none of his business.
luvmeorleaveme

Last Login:April 10, 2014, 03:58:22 PM
Date Registerd:June 19, 2011, 05:15:04 PM

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47:43 PM »

Actually it is 4.25 a hour plus 1.33 a delivery..plus tips so the info isn't correct that CB put on here.  I have made good money just in tips alone.
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »

I guess that I was unaware that Papa Johns was responsible for other people's health care.  I would hope that they just cooked a good pizza.  If along the way they provide a job, they've also accomplished one of the most noble things any man could do for another.  Everett seems to have forgotten the principal of private contract and that the terms of employment at John's pizza place are really none of his business.

Snow, you and I agree on most things.  It appears on this one we differ.

Whether I choose to patronize a business or not, it is not unheard of for me to know  a little about them.  In this case, after reading many articles about Big Papa making statements about how Obama Care was going to be horrible for his business,  I am doing something that is long overdue and trying to understand more about this local franchise and the parent company they represent.   We all know that every business is in business for one reason; to make money.   We could discuss things all over the map (pun intended)....things like the labor Wal Mart suppliers use, vs. locally produced certified organic goat cheese etc. etc.    But, at the end of the day, how a company treats its employees is pretty important to me and in turn, it is my business.

Make no mistake, our PBO Papa Johns is not breaking any laws.  http://www.minimum-wage.org/states.asp?state=North%20Carolina

And, before someone takes exception to my singling out Papa, please know this is only one example, there are many many more out there.  And if more of us paid more attention to how we spend our consumer dollars, it is possible attitudes and actions would change in the "C" suites of the world.

But, my point is, in this case, when you must drive your own vehicle, pay for all the vehicle expenses, and then rely so heavily on a customer "tip" for something as basic as having a pizza delivered to your home. it is more than a little financial challenge. ( BTW, I do tip heavily for pizza delivery, but others choose not too. And, the service here does not come close to the tip a waitress gives after waiting on me for an hour during a meal.....just my opinion)

So, for a company with millions upon millions in profit, it would be most noble for them to sacrifice some of that profit for their employees so, our wonderful politicians don't put the burden on us, the taxpayers.

Take a look at one example of a PBO Papa John delivery:   The driver is dispatched to a house in the middle of The Preserve (btw, they deliver even further than this).   He/she is delivering a $15.00 pizza.    It is over 11 miles to the house, 22 miles round-trip.  The round trip takes over 30 minutes.   The homeowner tips the driver 20% ($3.00).   How much did the driver earn after expenses?

.5 hour salary = $2.75  (per luvme)
tip                = $3.00
delivery         =  $1.33  (per luvme)
Gross pay       = $7.08

Expenses get a little tricky.  Sure there is fuel. But, what about all the other things like tires, insurance, oil, wear and tear, etc. etc.    Let's look at three estimates.

First using the approved IRS mileage rate of  56.5 cents per mile....that comes out to $12.43.  The result is a net loss of $5.35 for the 30 minutes of work.

Second using just fuel. .... which is not reality, but how some look at it.....Let's say the vehicle being used gets an average of 22 miles per gallon.   And fuel cost $3.25 per gallon ( I wish!).   Now the result is a net gain to the driver of $3.83 for this 30 minutes of work.    

Third, ok, since you get a tax credit of 56.5 cents per mile, perhaps your net expenses are half of that (28.25 cents)   Using that, your "real" expenses become $6.21 for the trip.  Now you  have a net gain of  87 cents for the 30 minutes of work.

To everyone out there, sorry for hijacking a Wanted Ad in our classified section.   If anyone wants to continue, perhaps Gene could move the thread to a location he feels is more appropriate.

EM
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:46:26 AM by Everett McGill » Logged

luvmeorleaveme

Last Login:April 10, 2014, 03:58:22 PM
Date Registerd:June 19, 2011, 05:15:04 PM

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 11:19:20 PM »

Just Evertt knows when you are in store and not on a delivery you get min wage.  And reality is that majority of the time you get more than 1 delivery in a hour.  Also, you were saying mileage they keep up with your mileage in the computer and if you keep your receipts from gas purchases you can claim all that at the end of the year.  I guess you are not on top knowing how things at Papa are.  But it is obivious that you aren't because you are on here keeping a simple going and going.  I will defend Papa because this is how I pay my bills and support my family.  I will not feed into lack of knowledge anymore, you are on the political deal and I was simply trying to help others who need a job and have a family and bills to pay know that they need help.  Unlike you apparently you have more time on your hands than you know what to do with because, I was trying to help but you try to throw Papa under the bus.  Maybe you should just let somethings go if it not affecting you directly.  THIS IS MY LAST AND FINAL POST TO THE CHILDISH GAME YOU ARE TRYING TO KEEP GOING.  HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 12:11:54 AM »

Just Evertt knows when you are in store and not on a delivery you get min wage.  And reality is that majority of the time you get more than 1 delivery in a hour.  Also, you were saying mileage they keep up with your mileage in the computer and if you keep your receipts from gas purchases you can claim all that at the end of the year.  I guess you are not on top knowing how things at Papa are.  But it is obivious that you aren't because you are on here keeping a simple going and going.  I will defend Papa because this is how I pay my bills and support my family.  I will not feed into lack of knowledge anymore, you are on the political deal and I was simply trying to help others who need a job and have a family and bills to pay know that they need help.  Unlike you apparently you have more time on your hands than you know what to do with because, I was trying to help but you try to throw Papa under the bus.  Maybe you should just let somethings go if it not affecting you directly.  THIS IS MY LAST AND FINAL POST TO THE CHILDISH GAME YOU ARE TRYING TO KEEP GOING.  HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
You accomplished your goal.....you helped ......a great deal.   

NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 12:42:10 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 04:52:41 PM

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »

Likewise, I guess I was unaware that EG did not have a right to express his feelings about the policies of a public business. He has just as much 'business' discussing their policies as anyone else - including Snowcamper discussing EG's personal opinions. One of the most noble things is also when people speak up about something they don't agree with and take action personally. It does not matter if they work for the company or not, as we all have a right to speak out and to vote with our wallet.  Snowcamper seems to forget that since Papa John's is s business that serves the public, the public is entitled to look at how they treat their employees, among other factors, when making their selection of such services.

Their pizza sucks anyway, no offense. It is passable at best.
Country Boy
Chathamite

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 01:12:07 PM »

Their pizza is much much better than bella donnas

Jeff G
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »

Likewise, I guess I was unaware that EG did not have a right to express his feelings about the policies of a public business. He has just as much 'business' discussing their policies as anyone else - including Snowcamper discussing EG's personal opinions. One of the most noble things is also when people speak up about something they don't agree with and take action personally. It does not matter if they work for the company or not, as we all have a right to speak out and to vote with our wallet.  Snowcamper seems to forget that since Papa John's is s business that serves the public, the public is entitled to look at how they treat their employees, among other factors, when making their selection of such services.

Their pizza sucks anyway, no offense. It is passable at best.

Your view of intending no offense is quite odd, Yip. It sure seems it was intended to offend. Reason being, no one was asking for opinions on pizza tastes; nonetheless, you offered yours. But hey, your entitled to said opinion; I just thought it was odd interjecting it in the manner you did. C'est la vie.
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: