Chatham County Online BBS
December 21, 2014, 07:36:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the best Chatlist posts at Chatham Chatlist Highlights

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Papa Johns Needs Help  (Read 5730 times)
luvmeorleaveme

Last Login:April 10, 2014, 02:58:22 PM
Date Registerd:June 19, 2011, 04:15:04 PM

« on: January 13, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »

Papa Johns needs drivers in Pittsboro apply in person @ 120 Lowes Drive
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 08, 2014, 12:45:38 PM
Date Registerd:November 11, 2008, 09:20:58 AM

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:06:30 PM »

Poor Papa......maybe if John cared a little more about his employees, the ones enabling him to be wealthy, then he could get some good help.

It's called corporate citizenship. Big Papa makes MILLIONS on the backs of other people who ACTUALLY DO THE WORK? Is it OK that he has a house with a private golf course and a 22-car garage, and because of a nickel a pizza he's going to hurt the people who've made him rich?  (I'm referring to articles about him cutting the workforce, not being able to afford healthcare for his employees, etc. etc.)

These are his EMPLOYEES. This isn't welfare, this isn't handouts, it's making sure that people don't get sick, so they can continue to work, so he can go play golf in his backyard.

Do the right thing Big John.  Don't make us taxpayers pay while you increase your portfolio........I would bet you could still increase your portfolio and provide health insurance for employees.   Just a hunch.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:02:02 AM by Everett McGill » Logged

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
luvmeorleaveme

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:35:16 PM »

Just so you know Everett McGill that store is not a corporate store.  So BIG JOHN doesn't actually that store, so until you have all the information I wouldn't open my mouth and put my foot in it if was you.  Have a GREAT DAY!!   Wink Wink Wink
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:17:46 AM »

Just so you know Everett McGill that store is not a corporate store.  So BIG JOHN doesn't actually that store, so until you have all the information I wouldn't open my mouth and put my foot in it if was you.  Have a GREAT DAY!!   Wink Wink Wink

And, Ice Cream has no bones.  Who gives a rat's arse if it is a Franchise Store or a Corporate Store?  So what?

Are you are saying the Corporation that sells Franchises and collect Franchise fees has no responsibility in how it's Franchise Owners conduct business?.......And, are you are saying saying that Big John Papa, as CEO of Papa John's International Inc.,  has nothing to do with how business is conducted?   If so, with my feet firmly on the ground, I disagree.

BTW, here is some light reading for you, as we strive to obtain ALL the information.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/PZZA/2274892055x0x610203/4e1bc944-b7a9-4467-abd5-7a315c007b1b/Q3_2012_Press_Release_-_Final.pdf
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:58:59 AM by Everett McGill » Logged

You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its… stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention, not even Buddhists or Christians.--prot (K-Pax)
hhr girl

Last Login:June 16, 2013, 08:43:05 AM
Date Registerd:September 19, 2010, 05:07:34 PM

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »

Good god...they are just posting about help wanted..why bash them,mabey some high school kid needs a job? And Im sure that kid/job seeking/unemployed poor soul NEEDS a job,and could care less about all the "Corporate " cr*p. They need a JOB. Better off working than sitting on your lazy rear end complaining there is no jobs to be had.
natvrabit
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 05:53:22 AM
Date Registerd:March 08, 2008, 02:45:06 PM

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »

Good god...they are just posting about help wanted..why bash them,mabey some high school kid needs a job? And Im sure that kid/job seeking/unemployed poor soul NEEDS a job,and could care less about all the "Corporate " cr*p. They need a JOB. Better off working than sitting on your lazy rear end complaining there is no jobs to be had.

Yeah, really...Welcome to Chatham County Huh
luvmeorleaveme

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:18 PM »

I'm glad that someone else sees that I was only trying to help the ones who do not have a job.  Nut some people just want to sit around and knock people in the dirt no matter what they do. Grin
Jeff G
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure Everett didn't mean anything personally and was attempting to thwart your efforts to find a viable candidate. It appears to me that he merely has taken issue with Papa Johns due to what he perceives as wrongdoing on behalf of corporate. At least that's my take.

BTW, I hope you found your new employee!

Best wishes to you!
Andy
Chathamohican

Last Login:November 29, 2014, 02:29:29 PM
Date Registerd:February 22, 2011, 04:04:37 PM

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 08:32:35 AM »

I'm pretty sure Everett didn't mean anything personally and was attempting to thwart your efforts to find a viable candidate. It appears to me that he merely has taken issue with Papa Johns due to what he perceives as wrongdoing on behalf of corporate. At least that's my take.

Best wishes to you!

I don't believe Everett had any intention of thwarting his efforts to find a viable candidate.
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 10:31:10 AM »

Best wishes to you!

I don't believe Everett had any intention of thwarting his efforts to find a viable candidate.

Exactly.  I too hope there is now a new person working for the PBO franchise.

Two points to clarify.   Yes, my initial post was intended to point out the greedy (my opinion) practices of the Papa John chief pizza maker in charge.   And, my second post was a response to being told essentially to shut up you do not know what you are talking about.

.....yes, welcome to Chatham County.  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:33:07 AM by Everett McGill » Logged

NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 17, 2014, 12:55:15 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 03:52:41 PM

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »

I can clearly see how Everett may have misread the subject line though.  Cool
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »

I can clearly see how Everett may have misread the subject line though.  Cool

Well Yip....not that I misread it....just kind of inspired me to think a little more broadly.   Frankly, I have never given much thought to this kind of business and it is very interesting when you dig in to the ins and outs of how laws are used/interpreted for these entry level employees.....usually not in their favor.  

Generally, I did know they are not treated very well (no indictment of the PBO store!), and when possible try to help them out.  For example, we once ordered from the PBO store, pizza was delivered very fast, I met the driver in the driveway, gave the driver 5 one dollar bills as a  tip, he hurriedly shoved them in his pocket, made change for the pizza charges and away he went.   About 20 minutes after he left, I went back outside to get something out of a car.  It was dark, and I saw something on the ground......three one dollar bills.....they must have fallen out of his hands as he was putting them in his pocket somehow?    Anyway, I called the store, explained what had happened, offered to mail it in, drop it off the next day, whatever......the store employee said he would talk to the driver......well, about 15 minutes later the driver shows back up.   I gave him the money.  He was quite grateful and very appreciative.    
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:28:12 AM by Everett McGill » Logged

Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 11:29:58 AM »

As a follow-up, to ensure I know what I am talking about, I've done a little research on Papas drivers.  There is wide variation to what/how drivers are paid.  

So, before commenting further I'd like to know more about this specific store.  How much does this driver position pay?  (Hourly, any commission, any per delivery rate, mileage, in-store vs. out of store hourly rate, etc. etc.)

Cheers,

NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:December 17, 2014, 12:55:15 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 03:52:41 PM

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »

[/sarc]   Grin
Everett McGill
Chathamohican

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »

[/sarc]   Grin

Cool.....thanks.....guess I did miss that!    Cool

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: