Chatham County Online BBS
September 02, 2014, 05:08:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the best Chatlist posts at Chatham Chatlist Highlights

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: America Looks for Leadership - Øbongo Votes Present  (Read 784 times)
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:August 31, 2014, 01:00:48 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 10:27:19 PM

« on: December 28, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »

Fiscal talks conclude as Obama makes no new offer

Updated 5:10 p.m. ET- Congressional leaders departed the White House following an hour-long meeting with President Barack Obama on the fiscal cliff.

The highly-anticipated meeting came and went without any immediate clue from congressional lawmakers as to whether they had made any progress toward resolving the impending onset of automatic tax hikes and spending cuts set to take effect on Jan. 1.

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:38 PM »

Oh, here's a link to the story: http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/28/16217108-fiscal-talks-conclude-as-obama-makes-no-new-offer?lite

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 01:02:50 PM »

I take if from the lack of interest in this thread that everyone is peachy with our fiscal trajectory. We have come down to the wire and all the POSOTUS had to offer was arrogant lectures, feckless finger-pointing, and veiled threats. I'm sure that a few of you enjoy the theater of it all - but I wonder how many are prepared to write that check that is guaranteed to be thousands of dollars more than last years tribute? Don't forget that, thanks to Tax Cheat Timmy and the FED those dollars are worth substantially less than four years ago.

Oh, that's right - I forgot about the magic bubble that spared Chatham Leftists from the economic travails that has hit the rest of us so hard. I guess since it came to you so easily you won't mind giving it back to your masters.

Happy New Years Comrades

1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:30:00 AM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 05:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »

No, I'm not peachy, but I am sick of talking, reading, writing and thinking about it.  But, okay; my two cents ...

The SOB in the WH wants tax increases on "the 1%", which, if given to him, will do NOTHING for the deficit or the debt.  It will, however, punish the people from whom he wants the money and this is his current reason for living.

They don't have a revenue problem -- further confiscation from those making $250K and over would be throwing more money down a rat hole, but that's what's going to happen now without a reset of the current tax rates, and to everybody -- they have a spending problem.  Obongo intends to see to it, with every inch of him, that he and congress can continue to spread around anything he can confiscate and borrow to the gimme-gartners, their cronies, and his, less their share of the vig.

I am on Team Let It Burn.  Yes, I know it's going to cost me.  I also know it's going to have unintended and unforeseen consequences.  It is on some of those I'm counting.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 09:44:55 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 09:29:04 PM

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 03:21:06 PM »

Sorry guys we are just too stupid to understand. The lefties by their own admission are the smart, educated people so they know best. We need to follow Master Obama and submit to his edicts after all he is the chosen one and we are just poor racist white trash.  Green Vomit

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  - Adolf Hitler
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »

I am on Team Let It Burn.  Yes, I know it's going to cost me.  I also know it's going to have unintended and unforeseen consequences.  It is on some of those I'm counting.

Up until team Øbongo came along we weren't doing so badly - the left wanted to tax more and the right wanted to tax less and we were (more or less) only gradually becoming nonviable as a nation.

Øbongo & co has accelerated that beyond even that of Wilson or FDR and guaranteed our collapse. Those unintended consequences are only measured in the manifold ways in which we will crash & burn. The only ones who will survive relatively unscathed will be the very rich and the politburo. The former by virtue of a built-in cushion and the latter because they are connected (for now).

It didn't have to be like this. We didn't have to plunder our own nation.

I too look forward to the reckoning that will take place post crash.

Jeff G
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »

I am on Team Let It Burn.  Yes, I know it's going to cost me.  I also know it's going to have unintended and unforeseen consequences.  It is on some of those I'm counting.

As irrational as it may seem to many folks, it could possibly be the only way to correct what many years of corrupt, overbearing government has done.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:29:02 PM by Jeff G » Logged
Jack Stevens
Chathamite

Last Login:August 31, 2014, 01:43:46 PM
Date Registerd:August 03, 2009, 11:20:06 AM

Professional Net Lurker

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »

Dear Ruler is in a no-lose situation on this one, with the MSM's help.  The Republicans are being buried in the media regardless that Boehner has caved to almost every pre-election demand on this.  Dear Ruler is now saying that his pre-reelection demands are ridiculous, and he MUST have an unlimited debt ceiling and spending increases, not decreases.  And the low-information voters just go along with him.

I don't know by how much, but my taxes are going to go up.  With the Obama Heath Care Tax Hike and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, I know that each of my 26 paychecks in 2013 are going to be at least $100 less take home.  Probably closer to $200 per paycheck take home less.  My household income is less that $100K per year, so I know it's not because I'm over $200K or $250K married, either.
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 01:08:36 AM »

The "sweet-spot" seems to be around 44k/yr. At that income level the extra bite will be in the neighborhood of $4300. Any less or any more and the ratio of tax (by percentage) tapers off.

Once again Øbongo sticks it to the middle class.

Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 01:01:25 AM »

Chill
Chathamite

Last Login:Yesterday at 06:04:28 PM
Date Registerd:August 27, 2008, 10:22:01 AM

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 10:20:47 AM »

You do realize that Obama is NOT trying to raise taxes on the middle class.  Obama extended GWB's tax cuts with a temporary tax cut enacted in 2010 which is now expiring and he's trying to keep it in place for all those making under $250,000.  There are a lot of things that I don't like about Obama but this is not one of them.   
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 09:44:55 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 09:29:04 PM

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 10:41:59 AM »

Is it fair and legal in a Constitutional Republic to raise taxes on one subset of the population and not another?

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  - Adolf Hitler
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »

You do realize that Obama is NOT trying to raise taxes on the middle class.  Obama extended GWB's tax cuts with a temporary tax cut enacted in 2010 which is now expiring and he's trying to keep it in place for all those making under $250,000.  There are a lot of things that I don't like about Obama but this is not one of them.   

There's not an honest bone in his miserable body. The honest thing to do would be to extend - preferably permanently - the Bush tax rates. Or allow them to expire. That would be honest. Instead he attempts to hold all of us (and particularly the middle class who are the most at risk here) hostage to his petty games.

This idiotic gamesmanship is costing the middle class now and will cost more in the very near future.

And it is all on the morons who voted for this cur.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: