Chatham County Online BBS
October 23, 2014, 07:00:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the best Chatlist posts at Chatham Chatlist Highlights

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pittsboro mayor Randy Voller to run for NC Democratic party chairmanship  (Read 12051 times)
Bill Crawford
Chathamite

Last Login:Today at 05:42:28 AM
Date Registerd:September 26, 2008, 02:53:33 PM

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »

Do the "math", Belle?

Let's see: one organization who plays cheesy political games and busts on the rules is equal or congruent to one party leader who plays cheesy political games and busts on the rules whenever it suits him. Yes, I think that works.

Gosh, I never knew one way or another whether or not Randy was a charter member of the Coalition. Are you trying to tell me that he didn't even have the secret handshake? This was just a case of 'if the shoe fits'.

But thank you for sticking to that and not bothering to challenge me on the necessity I felt to use "garbage trucks" in my summary. Maybe we will find some common ground here, after all.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:43:15 AM by Bill Crawford » Logged
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 03:29:57 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 01:53:20 PM

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2013, 07:35:19 PM »

I think Voller is a perfect fit for them and are welcome to take him out of peoples hair.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
beinginferior
Chathamite

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:01:55 PM
Date Registerd:October 17, 2012, 05:48:52 PM

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »

Heck Bill, she could not even get that right in one post. Randy lists it on his accomplishments! 

So much fail in one thread for belle.
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 03:29:57 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 01:53:20 PM

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »

You guys should all be concerned for belle,she might be out of meds again.Ever think about that? Now say you're sorry and call for help if you know where she lives,I would do it but all I know is that she has a sidewalk.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
caddy
Chathamohican

Last Login:February 04, 2013, 09:07:33 AM
Date Registerd:September 08, 2010, 06:08:33 PM

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »

Bill,

belle said:

Voller was never part of the Coalition, Crawford, do the math. he has been Mayor 7 years, his very first foray into politics. the Coalition is ancient history, its members no longer linger in the halls of power. they are at most behind-the-scenes advisors, doing math and writing emails.

But then went on to say, in his accomplishments:

Chatham Coalition, Special Advisor - Political organization identified candidates, planned campaigns and successfully elected officials to county government positions to promote bi-partisan policies of managed-growth, improved schools and open Chatham County government.

Excellent research belle, simply outstanding.

maybe I should explain to you what an advisor is, since obviously you don't know.

an advisor is someone who gives advice to another person or body of people, and since he advised the group, we must assume he was separate from that group. if he had been part of it, the group would not have had to seek advice from outside, from an advisor.

my father and others I have known worked as advisors to groups they were not part of, sometimes paid, sometimes not, but if the expert information, or advice, exists within the group it does not need to seek the service of an advisor.

sheesh.

"Chocked full of spin, slanted facts, and the pretension of innocence."
Charles39
Chathamite

Last Login:September 10, 2013, 05:40:52 PM
Date Registerd:July 17, 2007, 01:28:32 PM

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »

Bill,

belle said:

Voller was never part of the Coalition, Crawford, do the math. he has been Mayor 7 years, his very first foray into politics. the Coalition is ancient history, its members no longer linger in the halls of power. they are at most behind-the-scenes advisors, doing math and writing emails.

Chatham Coalition, Special Advisor - Political organization identified candidates, planned campaigns and successfully elected officials to county government positions to promote bi-partisan policies of managed-growth, improved schools and open Chatham County government.

maybe I should explain to you what an advisor is, since obviously you don't know.

an advisor is someone who gives advice to another person or body of people, and since he advised the group, we must assume he was separate from that group. if he had been part of it, the group would not have had to seek advice from outside, from an advisor.

my father and others I have known worked as advisors to groups they were not part of, sometimes paid, sometimes not, but if the expert information, or advice, exists within the group it does not need to seek the service of an advisor.

sheesh.

You left out the part about how an adviser can instruct a group and have them carry out his advice.  I guess your father was never an academic adviser for one thing.

But for fun, what advice did Voller provide, what did the group not know, and did they follow his advice?
caddy
Chathamohican

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2013, 10:51:26 PM »

Bill,

belle said:

sheesh.

You left out the part about how an adviser can instruct a group and have them carry out his advice.  I guess your father was never an academic adviser for one thing.

But for fun, what advice did Voller provide, what did the group not know, and did they follow his advice?

advice and instruction are all an advisor does, I left nothing out. for liability and other reasons, an advisor is legally not a part of the group, so any actions taken by the group are the responsibility of the group alone, not the advisor. that is the whole point, look it up.

as a matter of fact, my father was a professor, and gave both academic and professional advice in his field.

if you mean the type of advisor that tells a student what course to take, they no longer exist. do catch up.

I do not know what Mayor Voller advised them to do, just what is on his web page, as I posted. ask him yourself.

http://randyvoller.nationbuilder.com/randy_s_bio

beinginferior
Chathamite

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2013, 12:00:49 AM »

Whatever Virginia, you backpedal better than Ed Reed did tonight!!!!!

LOL@ belle!!!!!
beinginferior
Chathamite

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2013, 12:05:12 AM »

BTW, you said he was NEVER involved with the Chatham Coalition.

He was an advisor, which makes you a liar, which is par for the course.

Keep spinning, Virginia, you are making he laugh so much!!!!! 

Advisor for the Chatham Coalition, on his accomplishments, does NOT make him never involved with the Coalition. LOL @ belle/caddy/Virginia!!!!!!!

Keep chatting sweetheart, this is too funny!!!   LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling
beinginferior
Chathamite

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2013, 12:12:18 AM »

Well, he certainly deserves it. The contrast between his year in 2012 and the Democrat party at the state level was palpable.

It will be interesting to see how his local tactics will play out in a world where he doesn't have a significant registration edge.

I will be looking forward to the release of the doves when garbage trucks pull up into places like Mecklenburg County and the ways of the Chatham Coalition are unleashed on the locals.

I will enjoy watching what happens at the state level when he starts brooking dissent by labeling it as suffering "duress".

Somebody's going to get a reality check, eventually.

it was great. for the first time in history, North Carolina Democrats have a grass roots leader.

Randy Voller:

Civic and Community Involvement
Triangle Area Rural Planning Organization (TARPO), Chair 
Advises NCDOT regarding transportation initiatives and planning for Orange, Lee, Chatham, and Moore counties. First municipal leader ever elected as Chair and re-elected as Chair in August 2009.

Chatham County Democratic Party (CCDP), Chair

Advanced Energy Corporation Board, Board Member
Creates economic, environmental and societal benefits through innovative and market-based approaches to energy issues.

NC Juvenile Justice Planning Committee, Board Member
Provides resources for youth who are at-risk of becoming delinquent due to individual, school, family, peer or community factors.

Progressive Democrats of NC, Board Member 
Promotes economic, social, global and environmental justice, and peace and sustainability in North Carolina.

Chatham Soccer League, Board Member
Runs recreational and competitive soccer leagues in Chatham County, NC.

Chatham County Fairgrounds Association, Advisory Board Member
The oldest continually operating African-American association of its kind tasked with educating the public about the history of agricultural development and rural life in Chatham County.

Chatham County Economic Development Corporation (CCEDC), Ex officio (former Vice-Chair)  Attracts new businesses and industries, and retains and expands existing businesses and industries. Initiated process to create Chatham County’s first strategic plan for economic development.

Chatham County Affordable Housing Task Force, Ex officio member, Founding Board Member - Advises the County of Chatham regarding policies in support of affordable housing. During Voller’s tenure, received over $1,000,000 from the federal government for Habitat for Humanity initiatives in Pittsboro.

North Carolina Housing Finance Agency, former board member

The Emil Verban Society, member

Past Civic and Community Memberships
Mid-Carolina Work Force Development Board, former Vice Chair 
Addresses issues of job training, economic development, job link centers, pertaining to the Community College System support of business in Chatham, Harnett, Lee, and Sampson Counties.

Major Corridor Ordinance Task Force, former Board Member 
Evaluates and recommends location of planned nodes for commercial development on major transportation corridors in Chatham County.

Positive Revenue Options, Chair - Successful bi-partisan referendum committee that advocated for the passage of liquor by the drink (mixed beverage referendum) May 2009.

Bev Perdue for Governor, Co-Chair, Chatham County - Successful bi-partisan organization focused on electing Beverly Perdue as the next Governor of North Carolina. Co-chaired with Paul Hardin, former UNC Chancellor from 1988-1995.

Pittsboro Together, Founding Member & former Board Member -   
Political organization identifies candidates, plans campaigns and has successfully elected officials to municipal government positions to promote smart growth.

Professional Memberships
National Association of Realtors

Home Builder’s Association

Chatham County Chamber of Commerce

Accolades
Marshall Fellow, 2010, German Marshall Fund

Leadership Triangle Graduate, 2010

Honors Program Indiana University

Phi Eta Sigma, National Collegiate Academic Honor Society

Indiana University Foundation, Awarded “Most Funds Raised, Annual Fund 1988–1991”

the way you people disregard this man's accomplishments on a state level is baffling to me.

Voller was NEVER part of the Coalition!!!!!!   LOL@ belle/caddy!!!!!!  Too bad you are too stupid to see how he uses you.

Keep em coming research queen, I hope your father did not pass on these awesome research skills to his students. No wonder you turned out as led by the nose as you did.

Thanks for the laughs woman!!!!!   LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling LOL Rolling
caddy
Chathamohican

« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2013, 01:31:46 AM »

btw, my father touched thousands of lives in a very positive way, as his best friend said at his funeral, when the friend could speak at all. he was overcome by grief, as were we all.

my father was a teacher, and everything he taught was positive, and was spread to everyone his pupils taught. he was a progressive man, a Roosevelt Democrat. he was a positive man, he touched lives and made them better.

try it, you may like it.

mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:September 17, 2014, 11:13:58 AM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 05:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2013, 08:02:10 AM »

Plus, the coalition is not ancient history, They disbanded a year ago. He was a part of it as his name as mayor was a link on it.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:48:10 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 04:52:41 PM

« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »

There seems to be a lot of hate and animosity going around. It accomplishes nothing.

Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 04:35:33 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 11:12:40 AM

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2013, 12:28:58 PM »

There seems to be a lot of hate and animosity going around. It accomplishes nothing.

One source of that happens to be Randy Voller, which is why I think it is good for Republicans that he's taken that role.  I'm not sure they could have found a more self-serving, divisive person.  I guess my hopes that cooler heads will prevail in the Democrat party have been dashed. 

There are a lot of people in Chatham county that consider themselves Democrats and don't feel Voller represents them accurately.  Now we see that he is to be the spokesman for all Democrats in NC.  Wonder how the rank and file Democrat feels about that, or if they are even aware?  Locally, things are looking a bit rough for you guys, Mr. Yippie.  Not that the Republican leadership is anything remotely great.  It isn't.  But Randy Voller?  This is going to be entertaining at the very least.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. - John Adams
NC YIPPIE
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 08:48:10 PM
Date Registerd:February 09, 2006, 04:52:41 PM

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2013, 04:19:33 PM »

I think you guys have enough issues to work on without worrying about posting pix of Randy.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: