Chatham County Online BBS
April 24, 2014, 10:51:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read what Chatham County bloggers are saying at the Blog Aggregator

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Number of Days Without the Apocalypse (caused by Democrats)  (Read 12535 times)
John Florida
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 02:22:05 PM
Date Registerd:May 30, 2010, 01:53:20 PM

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2012, 08:22:29 PM »

Interesting read Jeff. I believe the "Fiscal Cliff" is a purely partisan invention and we should go over it. Why? Well it automatically increases the tax rate on the wealthy and the middle class. Do I want higher taxes? No, but to be fair all citizens must bear the burden. The Cliff also closes loopholes, increases capital gains taxes and reduces income tax deductions.

So far the only thing you hear is Obama refuses the Republican's plan because it does not raise the wealthy tax rate percentage.

We are facing a huge economic collapse and it is not far off and quite honestly anything that is being done is too little too late.

Keep an eye out for a wag the dog if it gets close to going over anything,distraction is his main game.Syria is heating up.

"ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
 FILIPPO MAZZEI
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 09:57:23 PM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 05:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »

There is too much social welfare spending and it is not within the Federal government's purview.  It needs to be phased out because even if we can grow the economy, government still needs to shrink and what it does needs to be shrunk.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
Jeff G
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2012, 09:40:53 PM »

Interesting to see how your numbers, JeffG, are the same as mine.  And so are the vast majority of your conclusions.  Either you've been reading what I write or you've come to the same place on your own.

Especially when it comes to Schiff, the stealth tax of inflation, the government forcing products on the market when there isn't proper demand for it, and the list goes on and on.

Although I have been striving for several years to educate myself on these matters, I, by no stretch of the imagination, consider myself an expert. I feel, however, that I am fairly well informed, but always open to learning anything I can. Ergo, the very reason I was hopeful of productive dialog. Also, I do want you to know that I have indeed read a few (though no where near all) of your posts on such matters and have yet to find anything that I disagree with.

In all honesty, I have learned much of what I currently hold to from reading various books, and from websites such as Mises.org, where there is an abundance of courses teaching what I consider to be common-sense economics. Although there are some "college level" courses that will incur a fee, the vast majority (perhaps all, as I haven't logged on there in a while) of information is: FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!! which can be found, here if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:47:07 PM by Jeff G » Logged
chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 07:15:48 AM
Date Registerd:February 21, 2006, 12:25:33 AM

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2012, 09:41:17 PM »

Are there ANY relative conservatives, or moderates, on the board, who do not think we should allow Obama to take complete credit for this. Go over the cliff if you want to. Compromise if you want to. But, we should not give up our principles. If the Dems raise taxes, they should do it without us. Vote present if we have to. Obama showed the way on that one. Do what evil you will to us, but take full responsibility for it Mr. President and the rest of the extremist left.

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest <> of freedom, go <>in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. <>may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-- Samuel Adams 1776
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 03:50:52 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 10:27:19 PM

« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2012, 09:49:37 PM »

Are there ANY relative conservatives, or moderates, on the board, who do not think we should allow Obama to take complete credit for this. Go over the cliff if you want to. Compromise if you want to. But, we should not give up our principles. If the Dems raise taxes, they should do it without us. Vote present if we have to. Obama showed the way on that one. Do what evil you will to us, but take full responsibility for it Mr. President and the rest of the extremist left.

Every time the pubbies go hat in hand to Øbongo and try for "compromise" they add another brick to the "blame Republicans" billboard the left is constructing. Anyone with an IQ larger than their shoe size can see the utter insincerity from the "offer" that Tax Cheat Tim presented. Øbongo and the dhimmis own this - they are running the show. What little power or control the house pubbies have will only serve to staunch the flow of blood. Why would anyone in their right mind want to become complicit with such treachery?

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Jeff G
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »

I'm not sure I completely understand your question CHF, which I feel has more to do with me than it does your wording. However, I will say based upon my limited understanding, it is oh too common for any elected official to quickly jump on anything that will benefit their cause, philosophy, or ego, and quickly shy away from anything that is perceived to be non-beneficial. I am of the opinion Obama is no different from any other elected official. However, I will say from my perspective that regardless of who is in charge or what happens, Jesus is STILL Lord!
cccoach
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 05, 2014, 10:56:16 PM
Date Registerd:July 08, 2007, 06:30:46 PM

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »

Week 4, Month 1 - No signs of imminent collapse.

Seriously?  Has anyone bothered to read the title of this thread? This is not the economics thread, this is not the immigration thread, this is not th ::)e cccoach is the antichrist thread.  This is the "how long can the United States survive with Obama in power" thread come on people get with the program and stay on task.

Bbbuuuuttt.. since we're off topic anyway. Let me point on some interesting little tidbits.

Jeff G - thank you, I don't necessarily agree with the entirety of your posts but appreciate the reasonable post.

Florida - What? We were having intelligent conversations on this BBS long before you showed up to troll. Yes, I often take long extended breaks from posting because frankly. I have a job and a life of BBS. I strongly suspect that we would have less fiscal angst if more people spent time working rather than worrying about what a bunch of "experts" have to say on a BBS.

PI - When we get into a discussion it just gets ugly. We're going to have to agree to disagree. If I wanted to spend my life fighting with you I'd post on your thread.  Viva La Difference

Axiomatic - I could take you more seriously if you ever posted more than three sentences.

Also - I never expected such a reaction to this thread. I don't Sofa King getting the same reaction for posting local Latinos arrests. Interesting. Second - It's curious that I'm seeing all the this weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over the economic crisis based on data. Particularly considering that most of these same people are such adamant deniers of man made climate change. It's funny that impending doom is so heavy on your hearts when it comes to your pocketbook but not when it it's the climate. It's a little hard to take your doom and gloom data when you're so willing to ignore hard data from another perspective.

Finally, I looked back over all of your threads. Not one. NOT ONE of you were expressing the same concerns about spending during the Bush presidency. It's a little hard to take your concern about the economy seriously when you all were so silent on a war that resulted in 4,500 U.S. deaths and costed us over 3,000,000,000 (Yes that's trillion) dollars. I also find it slightly humorous that so many of you are not yelling "liar" about Obama response to Libya while we had a president that lied to the American public and was responsible for 4,500 U.S.deaths.

Also - Another week has passed and the U.S. seems to be still going strong. Interesting, I thought surely we would be eating rodents by now.
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 16, 2014, 05:31:21 PM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 05:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »

I am a moderate and think many on both sides are to blame but hearing what Obama has to say on the news lately makes it seem he is sooooo focused on the one aspect of raising taxes he is making it a sort of political play. He seems obsessed with that one factor and he promised it in the election. An economist on CNBC yesterday said the government has never really approached cuts in anything in over 100 years and just looks at revenue increases. That has got to change. Simpson said the same thing this morning on the Today show. I agree with them. Revenue is not the only answer. What I blame Obama for is his rhetoric against the GOP and his divisiveness. Even the liberal media said last night that the stalemate is worse than before his re election.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
Silk_Hope
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 06:18:36 PM
Date Registerd:April 02, 2007, 09:29:04 PM

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »

Coach is one of those teachers where you listen to the junk he spews, pass the exam with an A and forget everything. So everything is about climate change now. For some reason being a music teacher makes him an expert on science. Oh, he is a teacher at a high school so he an expert on everything.

The economic collapse started during the FDR time but has been exacerbated during the past 3 administrations. The current occupant of the White House cares even less about the debt and deficit than any of his predecessors because a lack of money limits his ability to move Forward and since he controls the printing presses who cares.

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  - Adolf Hitler
Axiomatic
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 03:50:52 PM
Date Registerd:August 04, 2010, 10:27:19 PM

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »

CCCPcoach - so many lies, so little time.

Actually I appreciate the unwitting (and dimwitted) addition to the discourse by your ill-advised Apocalypse thread. I suspect that this thread will come back to bite him on the butt. It is impportant to note that no one - except mouth-breathers like the coach (you know what they say coach: "If you can - do; if you can't - teach; if you can't teach - become a coach") claimed that the world would instantly crumble and crash if bronco bamma was reelected. That's your strawman.

We did say that his economic predilections would lead us off a cliff (yea - I know that metaphor is getting really old now). No one that I am aware of drew a brightline for the collapse, but there are many who can describe the base indicators if you are interested (which you have thus far shown a decided contempt for). I stand by the inevitability of the event and maintain that the only reason for it not occurring would be intervention by the pubbies and not anything that Øbongo could or would ever do. He is simply incompetent to the task.

Why do clods like you persist in digging up the bones of GW? He hasn't been a part of the political landscape for over four years (and arguably quite a bit longer than that). Your lies about "bush lies" are simply that - lies. And now, four years later totally irrelevant lies. The only rational answer is to distract from your embarrassment over pulling the lever for that POS Øbongo.

Axiomatic - I could take you more seriously if you ever posted more than three sentences.

Again you lie. It appears to be a large problem with you.

Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 10:51:15 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 11:12:40 AM

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2012, 11:02:09 AM »

Seriously?  Has anyone bothered to read the title of this thread? This is not the economics thread, this is not the immigration thread, this is not th ::)e cccoach is the antichrist thread.  This is the "how long can the United States survive with Obama in power" thread come on people get with the program and stay on task.

This whole thread was a strawman argument to begin with.  It turned into a discussion of substance when it became about economics.  The "task" you wanted to stay on is to gloat over Obama's win and ridicule those who disagree with you.  It is no wonder people refused to cooperate with you.  You get out of a conversation what you put in.   

PI - When we get into a discussion it just gets ugly. We're going to have to agree to disagree. If I wanted to spend my life fighting with you I'd post on your thread.  Viva La Difference

Actually, you made it ugly intentionally.  I can only surmise that you did so as a means of avoiding providing numbers to back up your claims.  At every turn, you have refused to do so, despite telling us that you are smart and knowing what you are talking about. 

Your claim that people are ignoring hard data on a different subject just doesn't fly.  What message board are you reading in that you haven't seen all the data posted by those so-called deniers?  And who says that I'm one of them?  Are you trying to, yet again, prop up some sort of strawman?  It certainly appears that way.

If you think about if for a moment, cccoach, you'll realize that you have taken the same path you criticize others for.  You claim that someone else didn't do their homework, and that is somehow reason enough to call them hypocrites.  But if you do exactly the same thing, why doesn't that also apply to you? 

You want to have a discussion about climate change?  You might be surprised as to my opinion on the subject.  You have incorrectly surmised that I am some sort of right winger and therefore am in lock step with the usual platform.  Well, I am calling your bluff.  If you want to have a discussion about climate change, using hard data, then by all means, let us do exactly that.

In fact, I invite you to discuss any subject you want using actual numbers.  Though I think there's little chance you would ever do so.  That would take real effort, and that's just not something that you're willing to do is it cccoach?

"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch"
Pi
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 10:51:15 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2011, 11:12:40 AM

« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »

Also - I never expected such a reaction to this thread. I don't Sofa King getting the same reaction for posting local Latinos arrests. Interesting. Second - It's curious that I'm seeing all the this weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over the economic crisis based on data. Particularly considering that most of these same people are such adamant deniers of man made climate change. It's funny that impending doom is so heavy on your hearts when it comes to your pocketbook but not when it it's the climate. It's a little hard to take your doom and gloom data when you're so willing to ignore hard data from another perspective.

Finally, I looked back over all of your threads. Not one. NOT ONE of you were expressing the same concerns about spending during the Bush presidency. It's a little hard to take your concern about the economy seriously when you all were so silent on a war that resulted in 4,500 U.S. deaths and costed us over 3,000,000,000 (Yes that's trillion) dollars. I also find it slightly humorous that so many of you are not yelling "liar" about Obama response to Libya while we had a president that lied to the American public and was responsible for 4,500 U.S.deaths.

It is interesting to point out that what cccoach does here is a pretty common tactic.  The issue here is that cccoach wants to ridicule those that don't agree with him.  He provides no hard evidence for his opinion.

But at the same time he uses misdirection in an attempt to shift the focus to other issues.  He brings up a thread about Latinos, climate change, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.  If you look closely, this is a veiled admission that even he acknowledges he can't adequately discuss the subject at hand.  His only recourse is to bring up what he feels are errors on the part of his critics.  If you read between the lines, he is telling us that he knows he has a weak defense and just wants to point out how others are as bad as he is.

None of that is relevant to the discussion that surrounds what economic challenges we face from today forward.  We all know that we got here due to the actions of Republicans and Democrats.  It helps to understand how we got here, but that understanding must center around the mechanisms associated with taxation, the effect of said taxation, spending, future growth potential, the bond market, fiat currency, etc.  But those subjects are hard for cccoach and they are hard for most people.  There's little shame in admitting you don't know.  There is shame in pretending you that you do, and insulting others as a means of covering it up.

"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch"
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »

Bbbuuuuttt.. since we're off topic anyway. Let me point on some interesting little tidbits.

Jeff G - thank you, I don't necessarily agree with the entirety of your posts but appreciate the reasonable post.

Florida - What? We were having intelligent conversations on this BBS long before you showed up to troll. Yes, I often take long extended breaks from posting because frankly. I have a job and a life of BBS. I strongly suspect that we would have less fiscal angst if more people spent time working rather than worrying about what a bunch of "experts" have to say on a BBS.

Also - Another week has passed and the U.S. seems to be still going strong. Interesting, I thought surely we would be eating rodents by now.

Sure you were. You're idea of immigration(which is where I came in)was you lied about it and everybody listened to you till I showed up and killed that for you with the truth.

FILIPPO MAZZEI
cccoach
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 05, 2014, 10:56:16 PM
Date Registerd:July 08, 2007, 06:30:46 PM

« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »

You're idea of immigration(which is where I came in)was you lied about it and everybody listened to you till I showed up and killed that for you with the truth.

I have no idea what you're  trying to say in this statement. I'm guessing it has something to do with the BBS's long standing immigration discussion but I can't recall you contributing anything significant to that discussion except, "my dad was an immigrant and he came here legally so everybody should be like him".

If you look closely, this is a veiled admission that even he acknowledges he can't adequately discuss the subject at hand.

This is so true it isn't even funny. I'm not an expert on climate, economics, immigration or any host of other subjects. BUT NEITHER IS ANYONE ELSE HERE. If any of us were we wouldn't be espousing our opinions on a BBS in Chatham County, NC. The difference is I'm more than willing to say, "heck, I could be wrong but so could you."  So let's try it. Admit it - any one here with their "expert" Chatham County opinion very well could be wrong.

Coach is one of those teachers where you listen to the junk he spews, pass the exam with an A and forget everything.

(you know what they say coach: "If you can - do; if you can't - teach; if you can't teach - become a coach")

I know! Right! God - You guys have got me so figured out!

The "task" you wanted to stay on is to gloat over Obama's win and ridicule those who disagree with you

The task of this thread is clearly stated. I was tired of hearing people complain that the United States of America was going to collapse because Obama won the presidency. In fairness, I think the United States would have been just fine under a Romney presidency as well. To this end, I intend to keep a running log of how long the United States sustains under the Obama presidency. The reason it strayed was because you were so hell bent on arguing your economic point and I was mistaken to believe it would done in a reasonable manner with people willing to accept differences of opinion. That was my mistake.
John Florida
Chathamohican

« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »

I have no idea what you're  trying to say in this statement. I'm guessing it has something to do with the BBS's long standing immigration discussion but I can't recall you contributing anything significant to that discussion except, "my dad was an immigrant and he came here legally so everybody should be like him".

LOL Rolling

FILIPPO MAZZEI
Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: