Chatham County Online BBS
April 24, 2014, 12:10:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Best Email List in the Triangle! Join the Chatham Chatlist

Home   Help Search Calendar Tags Login Register  
Digg This!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chatham County Democrats - this is your leader.  (Read 7759 times)
munn5
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:03:12 PM
Date Registerd:August 09, 2006, 02:04:04 PM

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »

I spoke to Walter Petty and Brian Bock this afternoon (at an event for the New Willow Oak Montessori School). They were surprised by Sally Kost's statement, and emphatically agree with Mike Cross and David Hamm that the relationship between the school board and county commissioners is very good. The biggest difference in Brian's mind (and I have heard David say this as well) is the regular meetings between the board chair, the superintendent, and the chair of the commissioners. They have open discussions so that there are no surprises. That practice started when Brian became chair of the commissioners.

Candidate for Chatham County School Board District 3. Please check out my website Mia4chatham.com .
mountain gal
Chathamohican

Last Login:Yesterday at 04:19:14 PM
Date Registerd:August 10, 2009, 02:35:20 PM

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 07:41:37 PM »

Pardon me if I don't side with Kost/Caddy.  They have too many axes to grind.

Thanks Mia.
mary51802
Chathamohican

Last Login:April 16, 2014, 05:31:21 PM
Date Registerd:July 05, 2008, 05:58:25 PM

we are all beautiful

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2012, 07:43:08 AM »

Belle is cranky and cannot discuss anything without getting personal about it. The best thing we can all do is ignore her posts and not respond.

He who p*isses into the wind is all wet....................
mary51802
Chathamohican

we are all beautiful

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 09:01:31 AM »

Back on topic, Lesley Landis posted the defense of her husband on the Chatlist this morning. She said even children ask questions to clear things up.

If she saw how his email is worded it is not a question it is a demand and saying how dare you vote them an award.

WolfpackFan
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 10:44:35 AM
Date Registerd:February 23, 2006, 05:33:05 PM

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »

Back on topic, Lesley Landis posted the defense of her husband on the Chatlist this morning. She said even children ask questions to clear things up.

If she saw how his email is worded it is not a question it is a demand and saying how dare you vote them an award.

When so many different people question your intentions, including the recipient BOE, you were either very unclear, or it was taken exactly how you meant it.

More today than yesterday - Mindy
zorro
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 12:32:00 AM
Date Registerd:June 09, 2007, 09:29:22 PM

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2012, 10:30:45 AM »

Randy Voller & Lesley Landis are two partisan political hacks that just don't get it. Closed mined individuals that put politics before our children.

From the Chatlist -

Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:27:10 -0400
Subject: On asking questions

Q: "Why do you ask so many questions?"
A: "Because that's how I learn things."

This exchange is from a story that is told often in our family. It occurred when one of us was young, but questioning and learning doesn't stop at childhood. So I'm perplexed when people who ask questions are ridiculed and held up as bad examples.

My husband, Randy Voller, chair of the local Democratic Party, asked School Board Chair David Hamm, about the Board of Education's nomination of the Board of Commissioners for an award. It was a reasonable question because the platforms of the Democrats and Republicans differ on so many issues surrounding public education, charter schools, vouchers, funding cuts, and a host of other issues that are important to the community. Mr. Hamm answered him in detail and Randy thanked him for the information (that part was left out of the notes that were posted). So what's the big deal? Why all the drama from The Conservative Voice in today's Chatlist?

I expect all of us and our leaders to ask questions, to gather information and to seek to better understand points of view so we can think critically and be more effective in our decision-making. That's how we move forward and isn't that a good thing?

Lesley Landis

I defend the people of the land against tyrannical governors and other villains and bumbling authorities.
zorro
Chathamohican

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »

Another email from the Chatham chatlist -

Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 08:39:24 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Thank you for standing up out of interest for the children!

As an independent, unaffiliated voter, I am also pleased to have been the Treasurer of the PAC that worked to successfully elected three of the current five members of the Chatham Board of Commissioners (BOC).

This exchange is a very good example of both Parties working together, even though the BOC and the Board of Education (BOE) are each controlled by the Republicans and Democrats. The Republican BOC fiscal policies are working in Chatham County, and some of the Democratic controlled Boards have appreciated and acknowledged the fine work the BOC has done to maintain both costs and services for our citizens. This irks the local Democratic leadership, and especially the current Mayor of Pittsboro and Chair of the Democratic Party, Randy Voller, who have worked hard to sabotage the BOC efforts and spread false statements on the Commissioners' achievements.

They have put party politics before the needs of the electorate. I commend the members of the BOE in standing by their decision without bowing to party political pressure.

I defend the people of the land against tyrannical governors and other villains and bumbling authorities.
zorro
Chathamohican

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »

Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:55:41 +0000
Subject: Good for you David Hamm!

Thank you David Hamm for taking a stand for the school children of Chatham County.

Thank you for understanding that all of us, Democrats & Republicans and Independents, have to work together to make our schools better for our children. As you eloquently pointed out: "Democrats and Republicans alike have a sworn duty to provide for the schools."

Thank you for putting a pompous little big man in his place.

Is has become more apparent to us all that Randy Voller is simply a political partisan hack who wants to use the children as pawns in his political scheming.

Gene Galin
Administrator
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 07:51:26 AM
Date Registerd:February 06, 2006, 02:00:00 AM

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »

Tried to get this thread back on course and prune the personal stuff.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

chrstnhsbndfthr
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 07:15:48 AM
Date Registerd:February 21, 2006, 12:25:33 AM

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

Thank you, Gene.

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest <> of freedom, go <>in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. <>may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-- Samuel Adams 1776
1911A
Chathamohican

Last Login:Today at 11:33:45 AM
Date Registerd:April 22, 2006, 05:24:28 PM

"Stand Your Ground" by Charles McNaughton

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »

Thanks, Gene.  Greatly appreciated.

"You are clearly a bigoted, racist pig." - Matilda

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Vetustior Humo.
djkelly
Chathameister

Last Login:April 15, 2014, 03:24:00 PM
Date Registerd:January 31, 2009, 11:16:44 PM

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 05:06:56 PM »

Here's a link to the county press release about the nomination.  It's typical for the county to send out releases such as this for nominations and awards.

http://www.chathamnc.org/index.aspx?recordid=3824&page=19

As to the timing of the award, apparently this is when the nominations are due, so the election cycle has nothing to do with it.

As to why the Democrats would question the award when their candidates are recipients of it, you'd have to ask Sally.  Not only did she make the remarks at the forum Saturday about how the award was an "olive branch" but she has quite a bit on her website about how bad the relationship is between the school board and board of commissioners.  She spent a lot of her time at the forum attacking her fellow commissioners.

Always watch what people do, not only what they say.  For deeds will betray a lie.
mary51802
Chathamohican

we are all beautiful

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 05:23:20 PM »

That is a shame that she has to bash her co commissioners. Maybe they can leave her off the award if they get it.

LogicOverEmotion

Last Login:October 26, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
Date Registerd:June 25, 2012, 12:11:12 AM

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »

After reading all of this: Ugh! No, wait, I have something more profound: Voller is a dolt.

Much better.
Jack Stevens
Chathamite

Last Login:Yesterday at 09:49:28 PM
Date Registerd:August 03, 2009, 11:20:06 AM

Professional Net Lurker

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »

After reading all of this: Ugh! No, wait, I have something more profound: Voller is a dolt.

Much better.

Come tell him that at the Pittsboro Street Fair on 10/27.  I'm sure he'll be there; he was last year, and made it a point to avoid me.  Chances are he'll be in the CCDP booth, if there is one.
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: